Author Topic: London>>>>>>>>>Westcoast  (Read 1001 times)

da_notorious_mack

Re: London>>>>>>>>>Westcoast
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2006, 07:44:02 AM »
Mack, you cant put every one out here in a bubble, what about Psycho Realm, Murrs, Dirty Birdy? I could go on for days. Ive been to London 4 times, and got mad cash out there, (I just love the exchange rate) So there are people that dig westcoast music, maybe not so much in London, nut trust me i bought my escalade with money I got from out there, and Im not disrespecting, I love the scene.

mate thats my whole point.....when i say name some1 out west whose bubbling.....its not meant as a challenge..i mean tell me...and ill peep um..i aint a hater im just going by what ive heard...

but im willin to be more openminded than the people on the flip-side of this argument...

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2006, 07:49:04 AM »
^^Yeah, you cant really go by what these people hype up from over here, because alotta this shit is hype!

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2006, 07:57:48 AM »
Did u really think you could come on here and say London>>>>>Westcoast without getting some abuse?

Im not on this whole region vs. region thing, I couldnt care less where the artist is from  aslong as the music is good.

I could see where hes coming from saying the UK has more buzz but then Im in the UK so how would I know.

There is people from the UK who are better than the majority of the westcoast but it really doesnt matter because the west has the history

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2006, 08:01:39 AM »
but im willin to be more openminded than the people on the flip-side of this argument...

this is not an argument nor a discussion, the majority of ppl are coming in here to tell u what an idiot u r.
NO MORE WAR

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2006, 08:22:52 AM »

this is not an argument nor a discussion, the majority of ppl are coming in here to tell u what an idiot u r.

*yawn*....well im arguin an discussin..u handle the idiot thing

rik

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2006, 08:43:54 AM »
Your momma need her ass whooped.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2006, 09:06:33 AM »

your momma needs her rabies shot...

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2006, 09:08:32 AM »

your momma needs her rabies shot...
ohh, them fightin words there

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2006, 09:41:41 AM »
Im from the cali and i have never heard uk rap until i checked out those youtube songs on this thread.  Its pretty good but the thing is that nobody wants to hear an accent like that on there rap songs.
If the uk invented hip hop it would be different. But they didnt and all there doing is the same thing as America except they have an accent.
The UK would only become big if it starts the NEXT big thing in music.  It cant get big with something we have been doing for decades.
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2006, 09:55:28 AM »
Im from the cali and i have never heard uk rap until i checked out those youtube songs on this thread.  Its pretty good but the thing is that nobody wants to hear an accent like that on there rap songs.
If the uk invented hip hop it would be different. But they didnt and all there doing is the same thing as America except they have an accent.
The UK would only become big if it starts the NEXT big thing in music.  It cant get big with something we have been doing for decades.
they didnt start rocknroll and look how big uk rock was in the usa

Buhda

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2006, 06:23:15 PM »
basically the only uk people i have time for are likes of kano and sway because ive followed them since i was at school...
people like ghetto and jme aint much homie, they are okish over grime but we are talking bout real rap here.. yeh your right about west isnt doing much now and listing all these artists that may not drop albums but honestley they have got much more talent then anyone from the uk so comparing isnt an option...
+ the british production is another thing denting their credability, isnt too many big names doing many things to be honest

UK Hip Hop just needs to look to it's Electronica scene for Production, people like The Herbaliser (check out their album Something Wicked This Way Comes which has MF Doom and some wick ass guy called Blade who i thiunk is form the UK and he'd rip most WC rappers out now and a host of other good rappers on it although the first track is on some wierd Jazz shit) Dj Food, Amon Tobin, Coldcut fuck anyone on Ninja Tunes (including Cinematic Orchestra), Fingathing is another group that could do some dope Hip Hop work along with mainstream acts like Liam Howlett and Chemical Brothers.

If you listen to this guy Blade I mentioned above listen to this

http://webjay.org/iteminfo/1463152/c2c6fe9866c1ca56c742a765294ddd8e

Unfortunatly looks like this guy just retired about two weeks ago but even Rza worked with him.

And to the guy who said who other then people in the UK listen to UK stuff, I live in New Zealand the complete other side of the world and people here listen to UK stuff.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 08:53:12 PM by Buhda »

fadedmofo420

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »
ja rule >>>>>uk

i dunno bout u niggas but i cant stand that faggy accent.  them uk clowns aint on the west coast's level.  i aint never heard or care about anything comin outta the uk.  i was scrollin through the forum and registered just to comment on this ridiculous thread.  fuck the uk.  yea i said it

kingwell

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2006, 07:44:39 PM »
Kano and Sway got that FIRE.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2006, 08:42:58 PM »
they didnt start rocknroll and look how big uk rock was in the usa

Thats true but wasnt people like ozzy from England.  I can't tell the difference between uk rock and american rock because alot of white rockers that are from here had parents from Europe and the way they sing you wont even tell the difference.

Im Salvadorian and the other day i went to a pupusa restaruant and this white guy came in and started singing in Spanish real good too and when he came to try to sell us his cds, he didnt speak a word of spanish.  So i think that singing something is alot different then rapping.
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2006, 09:49:57 PM »
WESTCOAST>>>>>>>>>london