Author Topic: The South Is Mad At Nas  (Read 9707 times)

Narrator

Re: The South Is Mad At Nas
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2006, 06:16:57 AM »
This is sad lol, SGV is slaughtering this EFRAIN kid. Look at the arguments, Efrain keeps coming up with bogus shit that is irrelevant while SGV is coming at him with fact after fact, lol try to go a lil easy on the kid SGV, you're killing him.

The thing is, Efrain obviously doesn't know what he's talking about cause he doesn't even know what Crunk is besides Lil Jon.  He thinks it's all repetitive chanting because that's what Lil Jon (who ain't even a rapper and has ADMITTED it himself) does.  It's obvious he doesn't know shit about the music he's criticizing.

Also, somebody remind me: Isn't Efrain that muh'fucka who once flipped on me when he thought I was being racist for pointing out racism in certain rappers' lyrics, and then he tried to claim "devil" only means a racist white person?  I seem to recognize him cause dude's comebacks are always something lame about taking meds or mental institutions whenever somebody disagrees with him...it's what he told me back then, too.

SGV

« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2006, 08:37:28 AM »
If Chanting makes you Crunk, then Afrika Baambaataa is Crunk, but Luke is the Crunkest of them all. haha.

Some dudes just don't know shit about Hip Hop beyond, let's say, 1999. Around the time Eminem came out commercially and Dre dropped his album, a lot of people got into Hip Hop. They're trying to learn, but they just have no background.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2006, 10:41:20 AM »
Ells are you in love with SGV? =]

SGV i think anyone can make a crunk track (if they wanted to), but in terms of actually being successful doing it, Alot of people can't do it....The music might seem shitty to alot of people (including me) but that still does not make it something easy to make and be successful with it guys. But what happened to the topic of the south being angry at Nas....and SGV chill out with all the "you know nothing bout hip hop" stuff. its not nice =]

Narrator

« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2006, 12:13:12 PM »
Ells are you in love with SGV? =]

No.  Are you in love with Efrain for being an apologist to him?

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2006, 04:07:12 PM »
lol...wow.

Efrain

« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2006, 05:02:42 PM »
Answer the question SGV. Is "Crunk" music is designed for, primarily played at and enjoys the most success in the club?

It's a yes or no question, quit dodging it.

Narrator

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2006, 05:22:16 PM »
Answer the question SGV. Is "Crunk" music is designed for, primarily played at and enjoys the most success in the club?

He DID answer it, muh'fucka.  Read his post again.

SGV

« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2006, 09:40:59 PM »

LMAO. Who's dodging it?

It was answered in my post, you're too dumb to catch it I guess:

"I don't need to look up a dictionary, I just have to listen to muic. 3-6 been making rowdy cuts labeled as Crunk since the mid 90s, they haven't always been Club records. "

The Crunk you speak of is made for parties & Clubs. But, Crunk as a whole is just rowdy street music.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2006, 10:26:32 PM »
well apperently the crunk he speaks of, has nothing to do with crunk as a whole?  :-X

Efrain

« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2006, 10:43:07 PM »

LMAO. Who's dodging it?

"I don't need to look up a dictionary, I just have to listen to muic. 3-6 been making rowdy cuts labeled as Crunk since the mid 90s, they haven't always been Club records. "

The Crunk you speak of is made for parties & Clubs. But, Crunk as a whole is just rowdy street music.

Wait...wait, so are you telling me that there are two forms of Crunk music now? The one I’ve been talking about this entire time (the one played in the club) and a second, totally different form that you know of?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:05:48 AM by Efrain »

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2006, 07:51:12 AM »

LMAO. Who's dodging it?

Wait...wait, so are you telling me that there are two forms of Crunk music now? The one I’ve been talking about this entire time (the one played in the club) and a second, totally different form that you know of?

yeah

SGV

« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2006, 07:56:05 AM »
That only I know of? No. Anyone knowledgeable in Southern Music knows about it.

Pastor Troy makes Crunk music. But, he's not played in the Clubs 24/7. A song like "No More Play In GA" is a rowdy street record (Read: Crunk).

Just like there was G-Funk made for Clubs and there was G-Funk made for the streets... Crunk's the same way. Don't be dumb like you don't know. Unless you really don't, then you are dumb.

The Crunk you talk about (Namely Lil Jon) makes Crunk music primarily for the Club. Though he has street anthems too.

Since you used wikipedia to find out about 3-6 Mafia, let me show you something:

"Crunk is a specific type of hip hop music, based particularly on the eastern side of Atlanta, Georgia, and its birthplace of Memphis, Tennessee."

"The Crunk genre originated in the early 1990s but did not become mainstream until the early 2000s. "

So yeah Efrain, you obviously have no clue what Crunk music is and where it came from. 3-6 Mafia, Pastor Troy, Yo Gotti, Kinpin Skinny Pimp, Playa Fly, Crime Mob, etc. can all make Crunk music that isn't directly aimed at the Clubs at all times.

So again, to reiterate for you: The Crunk you speak of is made for Clubs and has the most commercial success. And, again, there's other types of Crunk, not just Club music. But, to a person who only knows Crunk by whats on MTV or the Radio, they only see one side: The Club. Uneducated people....

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2006, 08:36:59 AM »
cause he talks about the crunk that MOST people refer to when they say they cant stand southern music.....he is uneducated? interesting.

Efrain

« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2006, 03:20:11 PM »
So again, to reiterate for you: The Crunk you speak of is made for Clubs and has the most commercial success. And, again, there's other types of Crunk, not just Club music. But, to a person who only knows Crunk by whats on MTV or the Radio, they only see one side: The Club. Uneducated people....

Please clarify for everyone, are you stating fact or opinion?

SGV

« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2006, 07:49:19 PM »
cause he talks about the crunk that MOST people refer to when they say they cant stand southern music.....he is uneducated? interesting.

Yes, because just as that is not ALL Southern Music, that is not ALL Crunk either. So, that would make him uneducated, as he's grouping everything into one. You trying to co-sign him shows you're uneducated side, as well. Interesting.

Please clarify for everyone, are you stating fact or opinion?

It's a fact that you are referring to Lil Jon and Crunk music that is played in Clubs. It's a fact that there's other types of Crunk that are not aimed for the Clubs. It's a fact that a person who only knows Crunk by whats on MTV or the Radio, they only see one side: The Club.