Author Topic: The South Is Mad At Nas  (Read 9785 times)

SGV

Re: The South Is Mad At Nas
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2006, 06:50:31 PM »

Lil Jon being the king of Crunk has everything to do with everything.

If Lil Jon is the undisputed “King of Crunk” by his peers in Southern rap and by the fans that support the music then he; at the very least, represents the majority of the Crunk music hip-hop sub-genre. And if Lil Jon (being the representative of the majority of Crunk) says the music is for the clubs, only for the clubs and that he could really care less about lyrics, complexity or anything else that doesn’t get the club excited then it is a fair statement that the majority of Crunk music is devoid of those musical and artistic elements the artists themselves admit aren’t there.

No. Snoop is considered the King of the West Coast by many, but he DOES NOT represent the majority of that Genre. So that way of thinking is absurd.

You have argued with me tooth and nail about that. For what?, it is a true statement. Now is ALL of “Crunk” music like that? Maybe not (I’ve never heard otherwise but I’ll take your word for it) and is all of southern rap lacking the musical elements that Crunk admits to lacking? Abso-fucking-lutely not. That’s my entire point.

You are UNEDUCATED. It's been proven to you that there's other sides to Crunk, yet you ignore it because YOU never heard otherwise. Well of course you haven't, you are not educated on Southern Music, Crunk Music, Buck Music, Bounce Music, Bass Music, Screw Music etc. etc. to even know whats going on.

Now when we talk about g-funk being (or not being) comparable to Crunk all I’m saying is g-funk contained more musical elements and is more dynamic in versatility than Crunk. That’s it. Is g-funk better? No! No one can answer that it’s a musical preference. Could g-funk be played in a wider variety of listening venues? Well, I would argue that point is debatable. That’s all.

Again, Crunk is more than just your Lil Jon's. You are still being one track minded and not accepting the fact that there's other types of Crunk beyond what Lil Jon does.

It would seem to me that you are reasonably bright and have a fair working knowledge of hip-hop and rap. So why reduce yourself to arguing for the artistic merits of a musical sub-genre its own artists admit it lacks?

You're only using the merits of ONE artist.

I’ll concede your point that more than likely not every single artist making “Crunk” records is as homogenized as the majority, that’s fine I can see that. But the reality is that the majority of Crunk as a whole is in fact designed for the clubs and limited in that regard. Lil Jon said it, he is the undeniable "King of Crunk" and the representative for the majority and that’s just how it is.

Lil Jon is your only defense, as we can tell. His being the King of Crunk means as much as Snoop being the King of the West... Something to a some, nothing to others. DJ Paul and Juicy J have demanded their props for starting the Crunk trend, they don't have a problem with Lil Jon being called the King of Crunk because they know their place in history.

ROFL? i did not even debate you, nor do i need to. So sad how your now attacking me after i question you. Someone is a little sensitive. Mr smart guy just cant take a simple comment here n there? How was i trying to converse anything? you wanna defend a topic beyond anything i mentioned. Eh, but sure you are right, im a huge idiot. lmao

You're co-signing everything Efrain is saying then you try to elaborate for him. You are commenting. You are debating. You are defending. Nobody is attacking. You popped up outta nowhere and started on your little tirade, so I simply stated that sense you agree with someone who's uneducated on this topic, you are too. You got hurt and continued to post random stupidity.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 06:57:47 PM by SGV »

SGV

« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2006, 06:52:55 PM »
I would like to know SGV, whats real rap/hiphop according to you?

Anything from Sugar Hill Gang to G-Unit. Zulu Nation to Dipset. Kurtis Blow to Snoop Dogg. Grandmaster Flash to Lil Jon. Biz Markie to Talib Kweli.

It's not that it's real. It's just plain HIP HOP.

rik

« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2006, 06:53:53 PM »
this thread is still goin? Fuck Hip Hop, I'mma go listen to Panic at the Disco.

Sikotic™

« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2006, 06:54:59 PM »
Jesus Christ, it takes a man to admit he was wrong.

SGV schooled y'all, now man up!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2006, 06:57:13 PM »
SGV won

SGV

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2006, 07:10:12 PM »
All but one person has agreed with this character, but he has the nerve to still go on as if the entire world is wrong and he's right. Dogg! I've showed you DJ Paul talking about their type of Crunk Music. I've showed other writers talk about a different style of Crunk Music. I've showed you proof that Three Six originated Crunk Music. I've basically shut down everything you've said thus far and you continue. Plain and simple, it's over. Efrain, you've proved nothing but ignorance to Crunk and more over Southern Rap as a whole. You've done a wonderful cut and paste job, but you've showed no true knowledge to the Music.

For you to down Crunk Music, you should at least understand the music and where it came from. In your mind it came from Atlanta. But, any dope that's listened to Hip Hop since the Mid 90s knows exactly where it came from. Hell, to even take a step farther, Memphis was the original birthplace of Crunk, but it got it's influence from Queens. How so? In one of those links, DJ Paul mentions Triggerman. Do you even know what that is? No. Of course not. Buggs Can Can and Triggerman were a duo from Queens known as The Showboys. They later went to Memphis where they blew up with "Drag Rap" which people later called "Triggerman." That song influenced not only the Memphis sound, but the New Orleans sound as well.

Seriously, I'm all day with this. At least you now admit that Southern Music is seperate from your thoughts (while ignorant, they are your own) on Crunk. But you need to realize that Lil Jon's Crunk and the Crunk of others (Pastor Troy, Three Six Mafia, Ball & G) is completely different. You need to realize you're downing one side of a Sub-Genre. Once you realize that, you'll be able to pass this crash course on Southern Hip Hop's Crunk scene.

Narrator

« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2006, 07:21:29 PM »
If Lil Jon is the undisputed “King of Crunk” by his peers in Southern rap and by the fans that support the music then he; at the very least, represents the majority of the Crunk music hip-hop sub-genre.

Of course they're gonna say that because he is by far the HIGHEST-SELLING Crunk artist (please notice I didn't say "rapper") out there.  It's hardly an opinion so much as a fact from a commercial standpoint - if one nigga's on top, how they gon deny that he's "King" in that respect?

That doesn't mean he represents the "majority" of Crunk, cause as SGV has pointed it out, it has its own range and pool of talent that can stand toe-to-toe with any G-Funk rapper you esteem.

Now when we talk about g-funk being (or not being) comparable to Crunk all I’m saying is g-funk contained more musical elements and is more dynamic in versatility than Crunk. That’s it. Is g-funk better? No! No one can answer that it’s a musical preference. Could g-funk be played in a wider variety of listening venues? Well, I would argue that point is debatable. That’s all.

And that is complete bullshit.  G-Funk is known just as much for being club/party music as you think Crunk is.  G-Funk is definitely not more "dynamic" than Crunk; it is not socially conscious or even the most creative type of hip-hop out there.  For you to give G-Funk ANYTHING close to a free pass (saying it has "more musical elements" or is "more dynamic") while criticizing Crunk, is just not fair, and downright retarded.

Come on, now, you quoted Wikipedia saying that all Crunk is mindless and intelligent, and yet you're gonna ignore the fact that the Wikipedia G-Funk article says the EXACT SAME THING?

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2006, 09:38:24 PM »
i stated that he pretty much could give two fucks about the south as a whole which you failed to see. So still this makes me an idiot. And this also makes me uneducated for pointing out the fact that you were bringing up arguments that had nothing to do with some peoples opinions....you're still not making sense with me sorry. =/

SGV

« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2006, 07:33:01 AM »
Buddenz... You idiot:

SGV...i don't care about the SOUTH AS A WHOLE, and I do not care about the Origins of crunk or get buck music itself. I really don't give a fuck.

You only want to discuss part of Southern music, but you want to sweep it's origin (which has a lot to do with what we were conversing about) under the rug. THAT makes you uneducated.

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2006, 11:40:27 AM »

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »
lmao all bcuz i dont wanna join YOUR topic im uneducated? wow...you're really good at this.

SGV

« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2006, 12:39:49 PM »
For you to not get it after its been explained so many times proves how uneducated you are.

One last time: Efrain was talking down on Crunk (mainly Lil Jon) as he had no clue about other types of Crunk music. I brought that to his attention. Since he was generalizing about a Genre he had no clue about, I called him uneducated. You came in co-signing and trying to explain his side, and made an ignorant statement like: i don't care about the SOUTH AS A WHOLE, and I do not care about the Origins of crunk or get buck music itself. I really don't give a fuck.

That TOO makes you uneducated as you want to discuss something but not discuss it's history, which what the entire discussion is about. It's not about you not wanting to join the discussion, it's you not knowing what the discussion is about that makes you uneducated.

Do you get it now moron?

Efrain

« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2006, 12:47:25 PM »
lmao all bcuz i dont wanna join YOUR topic im uneducated? wow...you're really good at this.

It's not worth it man. Every time Crunk is brought up SGV starts talking about southern rap in Atlanta or Brooklyn or whatever nonsense he regurgitates from his defjam history of hip-hop book. Notice how he keeps bringing up southern rap as a whole when no one is talking about it? Go back and look at his history of posts search the word "south" and "g-funk" the guys a fucking mess, talk about a hater lol.  ::)

SGV

« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2006, 01:01:37 PM »

It's not worth it man. Every time Crunk is brought up SGV starts talking about southern rap in Atlanta or Brooklyn or whatever nonsense he regurgitates from his defjam history of hip-hop book. Notice how he keeps bringing up southern rap as a whole when no one is talking about it? Go back and look at his history of posts search the word "south" and "g-funk" the guys a fucking mess, talk about a hater lol.  ::)

The bottom line is southern, but primarily "crunk" music is the lowest common denominator in appealing music; overly simplified, consistent instrumentation with lyrics devoid of anything that evokes sentiment, cognitive processing or reflection. When a person hears this type of music they react to it the same way you would the sound of the ocean or a busy city: soothing or jarring. It’s why so many Crunk artists yell and make animal noises, its because it doesn’t require any mental processing for the listener to absorb. In essence it’s easy listening hip-hop music, and while it may be popular it will never be remembered for the things it isn’t: highly musical, artistically redeeming and creatively innovative.

You brought up Southern and Crunk in the same sentence, I merely responded. Lil Jon is something YOU brought up, which lead into the discussion of Crunk's origin to prove that you had no clue of the genre. Again, I merely responded. So, how are you going to say it's me, when you brought them up first? haha. Seriously, did you even take your own advice? Had you entered this conversation with anything type of knowledge, you wouldn't be getting shitted on.

By the way, I do not use History Books. Nor do I need Wikipedia/Google to gain my knowledge on Hip Hop (cough Efrain cough). This is a decade plus of listening to Hip Hop.

Go back and look at your history of posts and look how stupid you've looked each time. You're a fucking mess. Talk about being an idiot. lol  ::)

Efrain

« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2006, 01:26:24 PM »

Go back and look at your history of posts and look how stupid you've looked each time. You're a fucking mess. Talk about being an idiot. lol  ::)

Hush now, I’m not mad at you SGV, I understand why you can’t admit to Crunk being what it is. After reading your endless history of vitriolic diatribes against g-funk its clear arguing on behalf of southern rap and abhorring g-funk is the only thing that gives your life purpose. How many threads SGV? How many posts?

One can only imagine, if you were to realize Crunk is in fact everything I said it is you would probably throw yourself off a building. I think it's time get out more man, take up some hobbies with substance maybe meet a girl because after reading the crap you’ve been writing on this board for years I’m genuinely concerned for you. Seriously  :-\