Author Topic: The South Is Mad At Nas  (Read 9576 times)

da flayboyant 2

Re: The South Is Mad At Nas
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 05:24:01 PM »
cool

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2006, 05:39:09 PM »
All them cats from in that video don't have shit on Nas.  Look at Nas's resume.  Fuck all of them. 
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Narrator

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2006, 05:55:15 PM »
Only on Dubcc...

Nas been talked about Money and shit. How is HE Hip Hop but T.I. isn't? Masta Ace been talked about Cars and shit, but he's Hip Hop and U.G.K. isn't? Tell Mos Def that dead prez ain't Hip Hop cuz they're from the South. If Wu-Tang's Hip Hop so is the Geto Boys.

You have gotta be kidding me. People can sit here and big up Kurupt, Daz, Goldie Loc, MC Eiht etc. etc. and you NEVER hear anyone say they're not Hip Hop. But a name like Bun B is brought up and you hear "Oh man, that's that South bullshit. That ain't Hip Hop." Idiot, Bun B will rap circles around your favorite Rapper.

Miss me with that bullshit "Only Scarface, Devin and Outkast are respectable." That's that politcally correct bullshit to not look like a Super Hater. That's the same shit ya'll said last year and the year before that. Plain and simple, you guys are upset to see music YOU don't like succeed, so the only way to fight it is say it's "Not Hip Hop." Who the fuck are you to say "Gangsta Rap" is not "Hip Hop"?

So, now N.W.A. isn't Hip Hop? KRS-One isn't Hip Hop? Some people are just dumb. Sugar Hill Gang made one of the first Hip Hop songs. Their song was full of lyrics that bragged about Money and Possessions. Slick Rick and Big Daddy Kane rocked tons of Jewels, but you guys consider them Hip Hop. L.L. Cool J is respected by EVERYONE and what did he do? Rap about Females. Let's be real... You guys don't know Hip Hop beyond 1998 and shit. Muthafuckas started listening when Eminem came out and felt they knew what "Real" Hip Hop was.

Tell me how ANY of these people aren't Hip Hop. I would like to hear it.

Keep spittin the truth, mayne.  You always spit the truth.

This thread reminds me of what heads used to say over a decade ago "The only good hip hop out the west is heiro and pharcyde". Now yall are applying it to the south. It seems like things go in cycles.

Yep, I remember those days, too..."the West Coast is all untalented thugs, but Souls of Mischief is OK, Digital Underground is OK, Pharcyde's OK, Ice Cube was good before he went G-Funk, etc."

Really, nobody from the West needs to be shttin on the South, PERIOD.  Cause 10 years ago, "we" were getting the same kind of hate the South gets today on the regular.  I would've thought West Coast cats would remember the past and learn from it, but no...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 06:00:00 PM by Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson »

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 11:00:05 PM »
are you retarded or do you just type that way?
lmao

Diabolical

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2006, 06:23:19 AM »
Really, nobody from the West needs to be shttin on the South, PERIOD.  Cause 10 years ago, "we" were getting the same kind of hate the South gets today on the regular.  I would've thought West Coast cats would remember the past and learn from it, but no...

Atleast the West was putting out decent music, D4L and that will not be looked back on in 10 years and be enjoyed or called innovative and this is coming from someone who ha basically stopped listening to most west coast hip-hop.

XaNdEr

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 07:05:50 AM »
All them cats from in that video don't have shit on Nas.  Look at Nas's resume.  Fuck all of them. 

thats what im sayin, they not even worth a post of me...

FREE POST  ;D

kingwell

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2006, 08:02:11 AM »
Wiggers, please stop trying to say the South ain't hip-hop just cause it's on top right now.  You aren't going to win the respect of the struggling minority underclass cause you can diss Mike Jones or D4L (they're easy targets anyway), and in the end, us negroes will still kill you all when the revolution pops off.

lol, props.

SGV

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2006, 09:25:29 AM »

Atleast the West was putting out decent music, D4L and that will not be looked back on in 10 years and be enjoyed or called innovative and this is coming from someone who ha basically stopped listening to most west coast hip-hop.

According to you though. Sure you would say the West was putting out good music, you were a fan then. But for everyone person who thinks that the West was putting out hot shit, there's about 10 East Coast dudes that thought it was garbage. I'm sure most of us thought MC Eiht was dope. I'm sure almost all East Coast cats laughed at this dude. They probably all said the same exact thing you just said "10 years from now, he won't be enjoyed or called innovative."

See, you dudes keep naming the same people: D4L and Mike Jones. That's not the South. That's 2 artists out of 1,000's.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2006, 01:28:39 PM »
the south dont even know what hip hop is what the fuck are the whinning about? They don't even do hip hop music why they mad? i dont understand. Are they thinking because their rapping on beats their shit is hip hop? hip hop is a way of life that aint got nothing to do with the south mentality sorry.

LOL. Shut the fuck up already, KRS One. In the 80's we didnt listen to "hip hop." We listened to RAP. All this "hip hop culture" shit is a bullshit marketing ploy created by KRS. You're not hip hop, you're doing hip hop.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2006, 01:49:08 PM »
Just popped into my head. Who are these random fucks dissing Nas because he thinks hip hop is dead? That's his opinon and he never went out and said Atlanta/the South was the reason for it. Why did these rappers automatically assume this?

Sikotic™

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2006, 01:54:48 PM »
Wiggers, please stop trying to say the South ain't hip-hop just cause it's on top right now.  You aren't going to win the respect of the struggling minority underclass cause you can diss Mike Jones or D4L (they're easy targets anyway), and in the end, us negroes will still kill you all when the revolution pops off.
+1 shit had me rollin'.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2006, 05:25:16 PM »
and in the end, us negroes will still kill you all when the revolution pops off.

And dont worry white people, because until then, we'll be busy killing our own.

Narrator

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2006, 05:28:02 PM »

Don't worry; there's only a few billion of you to make up for that.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2006, 05:30:16 PM »

Don't worry; there's only a few billion of you to make up for that.

Im not white.

Narrator

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2006, 05:31:41 PM »
Im not white.

Then load up that chopper and slay you some devils, homie...Allah said we gotta kill them all.