Author Topic: The South Is Mad At Nas  (Read 9578 times)

Narrator

Re: The South Is Mad At Nas
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2006, 05:26:05 PM »
And one other thing, before any of yall get on that elitist tip again, do you remember what people used to say about hip hop back in the 80's? For those of you too young, they claimed that it wasn't real music, that it didn't take any talent, it was a gimmick that would play out, etc. This was back when Erick B and Rakim and Public Enemy were in their prime, guys all of us regard as legends. Think about that for a minute.

Haha...seriously, how often did your folks say that to you growing up?  I used to bump PE and X-Clan and moms would trip on me cause she didn't understand what they were saying.  I listened to Ice-T, N.W.A., and Above The Law and she just gave me shit about the profanity and threatened to take the tapes away.  Both of them were always complaining about how it wasn't music, how it wouldn't last and it was just a fad like disco...and this was 15 years ago now.  And of course they would always try and compare Ice Cube to James Brown and talk about how back in their day, people could sing, and that rap wasn't anything but talking to a beat.

It's really disturbing to me to see that these folks on DubCC who are obviously younger than us (most of them barely into their 20s, at most) are more closed-minded and conservative in their musical tastes than we are.  You're not supposed to become that way until you're old and bitter that things aren't the same way they were back in your day.  Yet these young'uns are glorifying an era they never lived in, pretending it was so much better than it was, all because it makes them feel so much more intelligent than they are.  It's like you, me, and SGV all agree...they're just ignorant, so they say retarded bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 05:29:21 PM by Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson »

SGV

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »
The sad thing is, I'm not much older than most of these guys who are going on and on about the South being bullshit. I'm 22. But, I started listening to Hip Hop just as the West Coast was emerging. I was listening to Hip Hop when the South made it known they were more than just 2 Live Crew and Geto Boys. That's when we saw the (commercial) emergence of groups like UGK, 8-Ball & MJG, Outkast and Goodie Mob. I was able to see the struggle they went through to even scratch the surface of the national fan base. Then, a few years later, I was able to have seen the first true power house label in the South emerge, No Limit (Rap-A-Lot was and still is the staple of all Southern labels, but it wasn't as huge, commercially as No Limit). So, for someone to bash the South is laughable to me. Because they struggled and strived to be where they're at right now. The South never has relied on fans outside of the Southern region to support them. If they did, great. If they didn't, no big deal.

At the same talking, I was around to see the East Coast hate on the West, at their (The West) prime. I remember always thinking, "Damn, why can't they just let the West be successful?" Because, like you idiots here, they were ignorant and couldn't stand seeing music they didn't like blow up. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't make the music wack, it just means it's not your taste. Fine. You can call it wack, sure, but don't sit here and say "so and so isn't Hip Hop because..." yet, support an artist that you like makes a VERY SIMILAR type of music. That's what we call being a hater.

Sikotic™

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2006, 07:48:06 PM »
People take hip-hop too seriously. It's party music you backpackers. Not everything has to be thought provoking.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SGV

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2006, 08:01:16 PM »
People take hip-hop too seriously. It's party music you backpackers. Not everything has to be thought provoking.

Some of these morons don't even listen to shit that's thought provoking. To have the nerve to bad mouth the South for not being "intellectual" while they support Snoop, Daz and Kurupt. LMAO. Fuckin' dumbasses.

Sikotic™

« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2006, 08:05:40 PM »

Some of these morons don't even listen to shit that's thought provoking. To have the nerve to bad mouth the South for not being "intellectual" while they support Snoop, Daz and Kurupt. LMAO. Fuckin' dumbasses.
Seriously, man. They can't even make up their minds.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SGV

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »
Yeah...

If anything, Party Music is more Hip Hop than anything thought provoking. Why? Because Hip Hop got it's start in the Clubs (alongside the Parks.) It was always feel good music. So, to say Crunk music isn't Hip Hop because it doesn't "evoke sentiment, cognitive process or reflection," then you're dissing the whole foundation of Hip Hop. And that, my idiotic friends, is NOT Hip Hop. Know the roots if you're trying to preserve something.

Efrain

« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2006, 10:27:29 PM »
All right, well to get back to the discussion then why don’t you all show me where I said “Crunk” music isn’t hop-hop music? I said it was easy listening hip-hop; which it is. You (SGV), by your own admission said “Crunk” music had its place primarily in the clubs and parties correct? And the reason it’s good party music is it requires little to no cognitive processing to absorb, agreed? Because I’m sure I don’t need to tell you if it was complex and thought provoking it wouldn’t be very good party music. So that being the case I would think an intelligent person would agree the characterization of “Crunk” music as:

1)   Overly simplified consistent instrumentation (easy to dance to)
2)   Lyrical content containing little to no sentiment evoking or mental stimulation (reducing need to “actively” listen... so you can keep dancing)

Thus renders it eligible for consideration as a lower common denominator form of preformed music similar to say techno or elevator music. Now, that might sound harsh and insulting and I’m not trying to discredit artists in their respective genre’s who make those types of music (which the world NEEDS btw), I’m simply just stating the obvious which is “Crunk” music is easy to listen to for a reason. That doesn’t make it bad it just is what it is.   

Now, to take that a step further and say because it’s easy listening and doesn’t take many chances creatively other sub/past genres deserve more recognition than others… honestly I would agree with that. Call me wrong or stupid or whatever but the fact is history wont be as kind to “Crunk” music as it was to say g-funk, and it isn’t because of me.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 10:42:01 PM by Efrain »

SGV

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2006, 11:26:29 PM »
So will you say G Funk is music for the intelligent? You like it. And sure Crunk is primarily music for the clubs but at the same talking it has been around for over 10 years. Groups like 36 Mafia have been making their own form of Crunk for years. So it is safe to say you are wrong there.  While G Funk is done and has been for years, Crunk is nowhere near to being finished.

Efrain

« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2006, 12:05:37 AM »
And sure Crunk is primarily music for the clubs but at the same talking it has been around for over 10 years. Groups like 36 Mafia have been making their own form of Crunk for years. While G Funk is done and has been for years, Crunk is nowhere near to being finished

Yeah and easy listening, techno, elevator music and boy bands have been around even longer what's your point.

So will you say G Funk is music for the intelligent? You like it.

As far as g-funk being intelligent, no I wouldn’t go that far. Sentiment evoking? Absolutely. Complex and creative? With out question.

Sikotic™

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2006, 12:21:54 AM »
Can you really claim G-Funk is THAT creative when they do more sampling than Crunk.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Efrain

« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2006, 12:58:38 AM »
1. Snoop and Daz don't make any music that require mental processing for the listener to absorb. So, why are they not the lowest common denominator?

And, I guess these lyrics evoke sentiment, cognitive process or reflection, cuz you have Kurupt in your sig, as well.

[Kurupt]
West coast shit nigga
Overdosage - imperial pistols ferocious
Fuck a bitch; don't tease bitch, strip tease bitch
Eat a bowl of these bitch, gobble the dick
Hoes forgot to eat a dick can shut the fuck up!
Gobble and swallow a nut up, shut up and get my cash
Backhanded, pimpslapped backwards and left stranded
Just pop ya collar, pimp convention hoes for a dollar
Six-Deuce in a plush, six-deuce impala
Pimpin hoes from Texas to Guatemala
Bitch niggaz paid for hoes, just to lay wit hoes
Relax one night, and paid to stay wit hoes
Captain Save'Em all day (bitch) well save this dick
Bitch nigga, you more of a bitch than a bitch
You ain't into hittin pussy, or hittin the switch
You into hittin bitches off of the grip, you punk bitch

You guys are just haters that's all. You know nothing about Hip Hop, which is why you say the ignorant things you do.

… and those lyrics? C’mon man, what kind of dog shit is that? That’s a facile comparison and you know it. You want to quote g-funk by quoting Kurupt over half a decade later? Nice try, lets be fare and look at a Kurupt verse during g-funk and you tell me (and everyone here) it isn’t 1) complex, 2) creative and 3) sparks cognitive processing. 

Verse one: Kurupt, “New York, New York”

It’s the incredible, the lyrical
You can’t be me like nietzsche, to see me is gonna take a miracle
I’m driving motherfuckers hysterical, with a
Touch of this twister, stylistic mixture
What I create pulsates, there is no escape
Annihilate your mental mindstate
Dre labels my vocabulary abusive
I packs more knowledge than confuscius, I’m deadly
Induce you like medusa, with thoughts to shed
And niggaz throughout this hemisphere, far and near
Prepare, catch me chillin like the winter
Up against the number one contender, as I enter
Cause I gets heated like friction
Motherfuck your whole jurisdiction, react this fact not fiction
Telepathic addiction, to this homicidal recital
Dangerous and vital to all my rivals
Suicidal, brainwaves conveys
To the average motherfuckers minds these days
I’m all ready to put work in
Take ten steps and turn to shoot the first nigga smirkin
Give a fuck, what’s your name, what you claim
Or why you came, motherfucker don’t explain
Simply, don’t tempt me, cause I’m simply
Layin hoes life’s empty, the invincible mc

Now lets look at a Lil Jon verse from his “Kings of Crunk” album, his highest selling and most well know.

Verse two: Lil Jon, “Bitches”

You be actin like a bitch
So we treat you like a bitch
We beat you like a bitch
Kick your ass like a bitch
We take your fuckin shit
And leave you stuck like a bitch
You wearin panties like a bitch
Yo pussy like a bitch
You sound like a bitch
You talkin like a bitch
You cryin like a bitch
You whinin like a bitch
I hate you fuckin bitch
We’ll kill you bitch

.... Do I really need to say anything?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 01:10:20 AM by Efrain »

Chief

« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2006, 01:25:59 AM »
^nice nugs mate.

FUCKYOU

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2006, 02:44:27 AM »
FUCK SOUTH RAPPERS. DAT SHIT IS THE REASON HIPHOP IS DEAD. SOUTH RAPP SUCKS

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2006, 03:02:10 AM »
1. Snoop and Daz don't make any music that require mental processing for the listener to absorb. So, why are they not the lowest common denominator?

And, I guess these lyrics evoke sentiment, cognitive process or reflection, cuz you have Kurupt in your sig, as well.

[Kurupt]
West coast shit nigga
Overdosage - imperial pistols ferocious
Fuck a bitch; don't tease bitch, strip tease bitch
Eat a bowl of these bitch, gobble the dick
Hoes forgot to eat a dick can shut the fuck up!
Gobble and swallow a nut up, shut up and get my cash
Backhanded, pimpslapped backwards and left stranded
Just pop ya collar, pimp convention hoes for a dollar
Six-Deuce in a plush, six-deuce impala
Pimpin hoes from Texas to Guatemala
Bitch niggaz paid for hoes, just to lay wit hoes
Relax one night, and paid to stay wit hoes
Captain Save'Em all day (bitch) well save this dick
Bitch nigga, you more of a bitch than a bitch
You ain't into hittin pussy, or hittin the switch
You into hittin bitches off of the grip, you punk bitch

You guys are just haters that's all. You know nothing about Hip Hop, which is why you say the ignorant things you do.

… and those lyrics? C’mon man, what kind of dog shit is that? That’s a facile comparison and you know it. You want to quote g-funk by quoting Kurupt over half a decade later? Nice try, lets be fare and look at a Kurupt verse during g-funk and you tell me (and everyone here) it isn’t 1) complex, 2) creative and 3) sparks cognitive processing. 

Verse one: Kurupt, “New York, New York”

It’s the incredible, the lyrical
You can’t be me like nietzsche, to see me is gonna take a miracle
I’m driving motherfuckers hysterical, with a
Touch of this twister, stylistic mixture
What I create pulsates, there is no escape
Annihilate your mental mindstate
Dre labels my vocabulary abusive
I packs more knowledge than confuscius, I’m deadly
Induce you like medusa, with thoughts to shed
And niggaz throughout this hemisphere, far and near
Prepare, catch me chillin like the winter
Up against the number one contender, as I enter
Cause I gets heated like friction
Motherfuck your whole jurisdiction, react this fact not fiction
Telepathic addiction, to this homicidal recital
Dangerous and vital to all my rivals
Suicidal, brainwaves conveys
To the average motherfuckers minds these days
I’m all ready to put work in
Take ten steps and turn to shoot the first nigga smirkin
Give a fuck, what’s your name, what you claim
Or why you came, motherfucker don’t explain
Simply, don’t tempt me, cause I’m simply
Layin hoes life’s empty, the invincible mc

Now lets look at a Lil Jon verse from his “Kings of Crunk” album, his highest selling and most well know.

We beat you like a bitch
We take your fuckin shit
Yo pussy like a bitch
You sound like a bitch
You talkin like a bitch
You cryin like a bitch
You whinin like a bitch
I hate you fuckin bitch
We’ll kill you bitch

PROPS! AHAHAHAH LMAO>>>> :laugh: :laugh: :D
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Narrator

« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2006, 06:16:41 AM »

We beat you like a bitch
We take your fuckin shit
Yo pussy like a bitch
You sound like a bitch
You talkin like a bitch
You cryin like a bitch
You whinin like a bitch
I hate you fuckin bitch
We’ll kill you bitch

Yeah.  You need to explain why it is that (1.) You chose the single verse that is pretty much Kurupt's claim to fame (read: to make him look better), and (2.) Why you chose what is basically a refrain by a man who obviously ain't rapping as your counterpoint (read: to make crunk as a whole look worse).

Lil Jon has by his own admission said he's not a rapper...he's basically just a hypeman for the people on his tracks.  A more valid comparison would be to take lyrics from Three-6 Mafia, Lil Scrappy, 8Ball & MJG, or any actual Southern RAPPERS who do rap over crunk beats.  Shit, we all know Too $hort and E-40 been getting down with Lil Jon since the beginning - what are you gonna argue about them?

Can you really claim G-Funk is THAT creative when they do more sampling than Crunk.

I know, seriously...the typical G-Funk record in the mid-90s was some hack ripping off the beat from a Parliament/Funkadelic or Zapp record and then throwing on layers of the cheapest, whiniest synthesizers they could find.  I really wanna know why that takes more creativity than the average Crunk record.

Call me wrong or stupid or whatever but the fact is history wont be as kind to “Crunk” music as it was to say g-funk, and it isn’t because of me.

History has been kind to G-Funk?  If that's true, then why is it that the majority of G-Funk rappers have long since been forgotten by everyone except West Coast heads?  Who outside of Dre, Snoop, Cube, Eazy, and Pac is still remembered today?  Daz?  Kurupt?  Warren G?  The Twinz?  The Dove Shack?  RBX?  Above The Law?  Kokane?  All of them came out in the mid-90s, had minor hits and (in the case of the first couple) Platinum records, and now nobody gives a shit about them anymore and they're all surviving by taking whatever scraps of fame Snoop (or someone else who's still on top) feeds them.

Yes, you are stupid.  You should not be contradicting the Wise GODs of DubCC.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 08:03:32 AM by Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson »