Author Topic: NBA...Lakers  (Read 1366 times)

WILL-I-DIE

NBA...Lakers
« on: October 21, 2006, 03:06:37 PM »
Where the Lakers fans at...so how you think we gonna do this season

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: NBA...Lakers
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 03:13:33 PM »
All the Laker fans moved to The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread...
As for your question, 50 isn't out of the question.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 04:21:04 PM »
Hopefully 50+ wins.

rik

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 05:10:36 PM »
Mark my words. THE LAKERS ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 08:49:01 PM »
50 isn't out of the question? Anything below 50 is a disappointment...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 10:07:17 PM »
50 isn't out of the question? Anything below 50 is a disappointment...PeACe
I'm just trying not to get my hopes up. I know how good the team can be this year, but I don't want to set myslef up to be disappointed, espically with all the injuries there are right now (one of them is gonna come back to bite the Lakers in the ass).

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 10:53:59 PM »

No Chance

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 11:29:52 AM »

No Chance

No chance? We were 1 rebound away last year... ;D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 08:39:55 PM »

No Chance

yeah 1 rebound away from making it to the second round.

As an unbiased fan: I don't see us doing much better this season. I was expecting us to come out and pick up where we left off at the end of last season. But too much has changed. First of all that new ball is gonna take everyone time to adapt to. Second, we have too many injured players (Kobe, Cook, Radmonavic, Mihm, Brown). Third, we didn't make any big updates to keep up with the competition.

Utah: barley missed the playoffs last season. Now Carlos Boozer is back healthy, and they have Derick Fisher.

Houston: McGrady and Yao are both healthy (for now), and they have Shane Battier AND Bonzi Wells

Phoenix: They beat us last season without Stoudemire. If Amare is back to himself thats gonna be damn near impossible for Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum (lol) to deal with.

Hornets: They Hornest also just barley missed the playoffs last season. Now they have Stoyockairaqi, 2 new 7 footers, and Tyson Chandler.

Jordan Farmar has a lot of potential and Mo Evans looks to be a good pickup, but we didn't make any adjustments that we needed.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 10:06:57 PM »

No Chance

Yep... seriously  8) especially when I see how a D. Wade destroyed Mavs D (with the refs though..)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 11:24:03 PM »
I'll like to see a nother 11 game improvement = 56 wins...But i think we'll get 50-53 wins.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 11:31:27 PM »
45 wins or so

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 09:45:58 AM »

No Chance

yeah 1 rebound away from making it to the second round.

As an unbiased fan: I don't see us doing much better this season. I was expecting us to come out and pick up where we left off at the end of last season. But too much has changed. First of all that new ball is gonna take everyone time to adapt to. Second, we have too many injured players (Kobe, Cook, Radmonavic, Mihm, Brown). Third, we didn't make any big updates to keep up with the competition.

Utah: barley missed the playoffs last season. Now Carlos Boozer is back healthy, and they have Derick Fisher.

Houston: McGrady and Yao are both healthy (for now), and they have Shane Battier AND Bonzi Wells

Phoenix: They beat us last season without Stoudemire. If Amare is back to himself thats gonna be damn near impossible for Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum (lol) to deal with.

Hornets: They Hornest also just barley missed the playoffs last season. Now they have Stoyockairaqi, 2 new 7 footers, and Tyson Chandler.

Jordan Farmar has a lot of potential and Mo Evans looks to be a good pickup, but we didn't make any adjustments that we needed.

LOL. Son, you don't know much. You need to learn your shit before you speak, especially on the triangle offense. The fact that this group has been together a year in the triangle offense under Phil is already a HUGE step forward...OUR 2nd and 3rd string players are beating the Phoenix Suns (whether it's the pre-season or not, shit's still impressive)... Imagine what we're gunna do when our starters return! I hate bullshit ass fans like you who have no Laker pride...We made no adjustments? Vlad Rad, pure shooter to expand the triangle (the biggest void last year)... Shammond Williams, veteran point guard... Jordan Farmar, pure point guard... Mo Evans, killer bench energizer... plus the improvement of players like Luke, Sasha, Kwame, Cook, Turiaf, etc...Man, you're a hopeless "Laker fan", I sometimes get to the point where I hate tossing that word around because of peeps like you...PeACe

WC Iz Active

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 09:48:51 AM »
^I don't know If I would say he's not a "fan" just cause his opinions on the quality of the team differs from yours.  I think the Pacers will be alot better than they were last year but if a Pacer fan told me he disagreed I wouldnt dismiss him as a fan lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 09:49:53 AM »
And yea, I believe we were 1 rebound away from the championship...Clippers, Mavs, Heat...Those are the teams we woulda' faced. Lakers were better than Clippers in the playoffs last year, Kobe beat the Mavs single-handedly last year, and the Heat were the worst champions ever last year... so I really think we were 1 rebound away not from the second round, but from the title...PeACe