Author Topic: LMAO at Espn's NBA player rankings! hilarious stuff  (Read 826 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: LMAO at Espn's NBA player rankings! hilarious stuff
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 11:45:14 AM »
Tayshaun Prince 94, Al Jefferson 32
Ricky Davis 117, Jackie Butler 42

I can keep going. shit's not just a terrible list, but it's disgraceful to anyone who watches basketball, almost like a mockery of NBA fans...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 11:48:31 AM »
Okay, since you two know so much more about ball than SI or ESPN then go ahead and do what SI did.  Predict the whole season.  They predicted where everyone would finish in their divisions, their rank in the league and the Conference finals and NBA finals.  Also, all the award winners and all-NBA team.

I'm not saying there are on-point but I can't say they are horrible.  You know how hard it is to predict this stuff?  So go ahead and we'll see at the end of the season how superior your basketball knowledge it.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 11:49:36 AM »
Tayshaun Prince 94, Al Jefferson 32
Ricky Davis 117, Jackie Butler 42

I can keep going. shit's not just a terrible list, but it's disgraceful to anyone who watches basketball, almost like a mockery of NBA fans...

exactly my feelings

WC Iz Active

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 11:51:49 AM »
Okay, since you two know so much more about ball than SI or ESPN then go ahead and do what SI did.  Predict the whole season.  They predicted where everyone would finish in their divisions, their rank in the league and the Conference finals and NBA finals.  Also, all the award winners and all-NBA team.

I'm not saying there are on-point but I can't say they are horrible.  You know how hard it is to predict this stuff?  So go ahead and we'll see at the end of the season how superior your basketball knowledge it.
can't wait! every year 1 night b4 the season kicks off I make that whole list and post it on my wall lol.  I rank each team, predict through the whole playoffs, predict awards, predict all star teams.  I do it all and I will be sure to post it in dubc this year ;D

PLANT

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 12:34:35 PM »
that list IS pretty shitty...But ESPN isnt the only network who ranks LeBron at #1....Just about every list Ive seen has LBJ at #1.  I have yet to see a list with Kobe @1.  I know all the Lakers wish he was there, but the fact is he isnt.  Nothing wrong with him being in the top 3-4 tho.  Just cuz he isnt #1 doesnt mean he isnt sick.  But for real, that ESPN list does suck.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 12:37:31 PM »
that list IS pretty shitty...But ESPN isnt the only network who ranks LeBron at #1....Just about every list Ive seen has LBJ at #1. I have yet to see a list with Kobe @1.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=122546.0

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »

Are you kidding me? You really think they have shit down?...LMAO. These so called basketball analysts don't know shit...Two years ago they predicted that Seattle would finish dead last in the league and they won their division, finishing 3rd in the west...They fuck up the rankings every year. and LMAO@Plant saying he hasn't seen a list with Kobe at number 1. :-X

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »
that list IS pretty shitty...But ESPN isnt the only network who ranks LeBron at #1....Just about every list Ive seen has LBJ at #1. I have yet to see a list with Kobe @1.
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9703454

wow glad you pointed that out so fast.  looks like another shitty list to me tho.  however, I guess everyone has their own opinion.

PLANT

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:48:24 PM by PLANT »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 12:47:52 PM »
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/OVERALL
If you scroll to the bottom it says:

The rankings are a total player-rating system based on various offensive and defensive statistics. Players increase their scores with every contribution they make to the game.

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=8980
Again this is statistical ratings for fantasy value. It is not ranking the best players, just the most productive statisticaly.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 12:49:46 PM »
http://www.fanbay.net/nba/fantasy/top.htm
Would you read what it is ranking. "Best Fantasy NBA Basketball Players Overall"

PLANT

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2006, 12:49:51 PM »
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/OVERALL
If you scroll to the bottom it says:

The rankings are a total player-rating system based on various offensive and defensive statistics. Players increase their scores with every contribution they make to the game.

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=8980
Again this is statistical ratings for fantasy value. It is not ranking the best players, just the most productive statisticaly.
well whatever man being the most productive statistically usually means you are the best player....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 12:52:02 PM »
PLANT...You just claimed you saw no list with Kobe at number 1. He just provided you with a link...LeBron being number 1 on these lists is very sad to true basketball heads who understand the game and can see LeBron is yet to reach Kobe's level (admittedly). Here's another list for you, despite the fact that the media means shit regarding the NBA...

http://www.realgm.com/src_feature/700/20061009/the_realgmcom_player_rankings_for_the_beginning_of__2006_2007/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:54:12 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 12:55:46 PM »
1.Kobe Bryant
THEN you can debate between LeBron, Wade, etc. at number 2.

And it's upsetting if you've watched 'em all play and don't see that.

PLANT

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2006, 12:56:27 PM »
All you laker fans are fucked...Its impossible to talk with you about anything becuase unless I say Kobe is the best ever and god-like you guys will never agree with me.  I always try to throw in a "Kobe is dope" or "Kobe is crazy" call or whatever but shit, thats not good enough for a Laker fan.  You guys act like I dont think Kobe is a good player just becuase I dont think he is the best.  You "LOL at this and that" with every comment that is made towards Kobe.  The player I would want on my team is the guy who fills up the stat sheet because with those 8 or 9 assists and 7 or 8 rebounds on top of the 30 points, hes making the team THAT much better.  Another thing that bugs me is you guys always say "until LBJ wins those titles you cant compare him to Kobe" shit, do you guys realize Kobe wouldnt have won shit without Shaq?  Shaq may not of won without Kobe either, but thats my point.  Its not like Kobe won championships on his own.  LeBron is already ahead of Kobe in terms of development at his age and what hes accomplished.  Kobe has also improved as a player since Shaq left, but now he has no titles.