Author Topic: LMAO at Espn's NBA player rankings! hilarious stuff  (Read 824 times)

PLANT

Re: LMAO at Espn's NBA player rankings! hilarious stuff
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2006, 12:58:40 PM »
and NIK, you can thro out whatever links you want becuase your not going to change my mind.  Honestly, I could care less what you guys think because all you wil ever see is purple and gold and you will never hold an un-biased position.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2006, 01:03:30 PM »
All you laker fans are fucked...Its impossible to talk with you about anything becuase unless I say Kobe is the best ever and god-like you guys will never agree with me.  I always try to throw in a "Kobe is dope" or "Kobe is crazy" call or whatever but shit, thats not good enough for a Laker fan.  You guys act like I dont think Kobe is a good player just becuase I dont think he is the best.  You "LOL at this and that" with every comment that is made towards Kobe.  The player I would want on my team is the guy who fills up the stat sheet because with those 8 or 9 assists and 7 or 8 rebounds on top of the 30 points, hes making the team THAT much better.  Another thing that bugs me is you guys always say "until LBJ wins those titles you cant compare him to Kobe" shit, do you guys realize Kobe wouldnt have won shit without Shaq?  Shaq may not of won without Kobe either, but thats my point.  Its not like Kobe won championships on his own.  LeBron is already ahead of Kobe in terms of development at his age and what hes accomplished.  Kobe has also improved as a player since Shaq left, but now he has no titles. 

OF COURSE you're gunna say Kobe is a good player, you'd be regarded as brain-dead if you claimed anything other than that. But the fact that you go along with the media's portrayal (and promotion) of Wade and LeBron as elite superstars on top of the league is sad. You don't even see that it's all done for the image, the promotions, the MONEY...No player has ever said they think LeBron is better than Kobe, in fact, every player I've ever heard has agreed that Kobe is by far the best and most unstoppable player in this league...The fact that the media has your mind warped is actually quite sad, and I feel for that...If you can watch a game with Kobe and a game with LeBron and then honestly claim that LeBron is the better player, then you're either blinded or don't know the game...That's all there is to it...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2006, 01:05:27 PM »
I dont go along with the media...I have my own opinion...Its funny you sit here and try to act like you know me or tell me what I follow and what I should and shouldnt think....Buddy Ive been watching and playing basketball since I was 5, and Im 23 now....I make up my mind without your help.  I dont think Wade is better than Kobe either.  He could be abit overated, and thats something we might even agree on.  I just watched the preview shows on NBA.com and Kenny Smith just predicted the Cavs to go to the finals, so stop it with the "everyone thinks Kobe is god" talk.  Nobody said shit about the Lakers, and nobody expects them to do shit this year either. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:07:32 PM by PLANT »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2006, 01:08:31 PM »
and NIK, you can thro out whatever links you want becuase your not going to change my mind.  Honestly, I could care less what you guys think because all you wil ever see is purple and gold and you will never hold an un-biased position.
a) it's impossible to have an unbais opinion
b) you are just as bais as NIK or any other Laker fan
c) you obviously do care what we think or else you wouldn't be arguing with us

PLANT

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2006, 01:09:53 PM »
a) take NIKs dick out of your mouth &
b) go watch the bluebombers

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2006, 01:12:29 PM »
LOL. What don't you understand about the demotion of Kobe by the media and the league? Along with the demotion of Kobe, there's a promotion of LeBron and Wade (the new-wave/cash cows of the league! yay!!!)...What don't you understand about that? Bringing up "Lakers aren't expected to do shit again"...OF COURSE, if you listen to the media, that's ALL you're gunna here...The media picked us to finish pretty much last in the west last season and the media had Kobe voted 4th on the MVP ballot...That's just the thing though, they're fucking idiots, if you walk up to a real basketball head who actually studies the game, even some random announcer who used to be a player, he'll tell you how much a player like LeBron has to work on his game before he reaches Kobe-status...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2006, 01:14:11 PM »
a) take NIKs dick out of your mouth &
b) go watch the bluebombers
I can't. They don't air CFL games in the US on cable. >:(

PLANT

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2006, 01:37:19 PM »
take NIKs dick out of your mouth

I can't.
:-\ :eh:

;D

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2006, 01:39:43 PM »
:laugh:

PLANT

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2006, 01:43:25 PM »
just kidding

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2006, 04:20:44 PM »
Are you kidding me? You really think they have shit down?...LMAO. These so called basketball analysts don't know shit...

I'm not saying there are on-point but I can't say they are horrible.  You know how hard it is to predict this stuff?  So go ahead and we'll see at the end of the season how superior your basketball knowledge it.

If you are so superior then go ahead and predict that whole season.  It's a very hard task and they are taking the challenge.  Who would of predicted that the Detroit Tigers would get to the World Series?  No one, but I'm not going to blast SI for picking Chicago, this stuff is extremely difficult.
I'm just not that picky when looking at these types of rankings and predictions.  They rank over 200 people and people are bitching that Kobe is ONE spot too low.  If I saw Kobe at #24 or Jalen Rose at #12 then I'd say it was a shitty list but overall (without being picky or bias) it is reasonable.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »
Are you kidding me? You really think they have shit down?...LMAO. These so called basketball analysts don't know shit...

I'm not saying there are on-point but I can't say they are horrible.  You know how hard it is to predict this stuff?  So go ahead and we'll see at the end of the season how superior your basketball knowledge it.

If you are so superior then go ahead and predict that whole season.  It's a very hard task and they are taking the challenge.  Who would of predicted that the Detroit Tigers would get to the World Series?  No one, but I'm not going to blast SI for picking Chicago, this stuff is extremely difficult.
I'm just not that picky when looking at these types of rankings and predictions.  They rank over 200 people and people are bitching that Kobe is ONE spot too low.  If I saw Kobe at #24 or Jalen Rose at #12 then I'd say it was a shitty list but overall (without being picky or bias) it is reasonable.

You probably don't watch basketball, so I'll cut you some slack...To say LeBron James is better than Kobe Bryant is a slap to Kobe's face, especially considered that every other player including LeBron himself has acknowledged Kobe's superiority ON BOTH ENDS...PeACe

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2006, 06:58:53 PM »
Well we know that the QB rating is flawed as hell, especially for scramblers, and even that is a LOT better than these basketball efficiency ratings.

For defense, they should at least do something like show how much a player's matchup scored on them versus their regular average.....so example, for somebody like Artest, they would show that he held Joe Johnson to a 12 point average in their matchups, although he usually averages 18 or whatever. That would at least help defenders for this efficiency shit.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2006, 10:16:24 PM »
im in such shock i cant even think of what to write, i stopped when i saw AMARE AT NUMBER 4! LMAO! Thats terrible...I quit

The Best of 3 Worlds

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 05:37:49 AM »
I don't want to open a new topic about this thing so i'll post it here.

I don't know if it's been reported and discussed there in the States (i know you guys love stats), but Lenovo Group (*) just published some stats about the 2006 Miami Heat and they found that the best starting 5 considering all the stats (more than 20 different stats) is this one: Dwyane Wade, Gary Payton, James Posey, Antoine Walker and Alonzo Mourning. Shaq is out of it. ;D

(*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo

Font: http://www.ansa.it/main/notizie/awnplus/sport/news/2006-10-24_1241385.html (it's in italian, but it's a press agency extremely reliable)