Author Topic: Question about Xzibit  (Read 186 times)

d-nice

Question about Xzibit
« on: October 23, 2006, 05:09:09 PM »
When did it start that people are not checking for Xzibit anymore? Was it after Restless when he started working less with Dre? Is it the whole Pimp My Ride thing?

Lunatic

Re: Question about Xzibit
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 05:54:28 PM »
I always check for X myself. I personally think he's one of the best lyricists in the game. I think it was after Restless, since his #'s have declined. I believe Man Vs. Machine went gold, and W.O.M.D. just fell short of gold status itself. I also think Full Circle will struggle to go gold as well.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 05:56:56 PM »
after MVM dropped because that album was a huge letdown, but I still think X is really dope and one of the best on the west

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 09:14:36 PM »
MVM IMO is dope....I like it better than WOMD.

hmmm hard to say.......Xzibit.......another rapper that should be going plat everytime he drops.....

I don't know.......no real buzz around him no more......in a way, since the little problems with Likwit crew and Xzibit at the time, and when Snoop called him out on Pimp Slapped........When he got bottled.....

I don't know, maybe when he started messing with Eminem, Dre and Limp Bizkit and not everyone else.......a lot of his relationships started to sour......

I still like him...Full circle pretty dope IMO.

But maybe he needs tha alkaholiks, Snoop, E-swift/Soopafly beats, Sir Jinx you know a lot of that old flavour that that got him his fame in the first place. Theres still time for him to make a come back with one more solid effort......

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:13:09 PM »
he started gettin weak around the Pimp My Ride time...

WOMD was cool and a handful of solid tracks, but overall as an album it wasn't shit

I can understand being letdown on MVM after Restless, but don't turn it into a Doggystyle and Doggfather thing

MVM was real good and there's a ton of tracks with replay value... only 3-4 I don't have in regular rotation

but to answer your question in terms of speaking for others

it seemed when the singles came out for MVM a few years back there wasn't too much interest

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 12:11:43 PM »
I still think X is really dope and one of the best on the west