Author Topic: Xzibit first week sales (final numbers in)  (Read 1172 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: Xzibit first week sales (final numbers in)
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 05:15:04 PM »
Here is all the promotion for the album....

Interview on Allhiphop.com

David Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel

He performed at Knotts Scary Farm last wednesday for Scion Night.  That however was not reported anywhere and he was nowhere on the lineup.  He just showed up and performed a handful of songs.

20k is not great but he is still getting paid.  I mean you people swear that he is not making more then most of us make in a year on 20k sold.  WHO CARES THO!! Dont let sales dictate if its good or bad for you.

It's not really about the money they get or if it dictates how good or bad somethin is for us....but with most of us being fans of these artists, we are hoping to see them sell as much as possible, mainly because sales have a MAJOR effect on what happens in the future. When artists sell, it opens the gate for other artists, and since most of us are rooting for the west coast to be a major factor, we are hoping that every major artist to come out will sell a lot more than a few thousand.

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 05:18:17 PM »
Lol, Yeah when I seen 20K I thought about that line. 20K got me thinking Full Circle is X's Last LP :(
As long as he's still does the occasional rap, why shouldn't this be his last album? He's already had a crazy career and many classic songs. If he wants to quit while he's still ahead that good for him. Why should he continue until he fades into obscurity like other cats (eg Warren G).

Well to most fans, You really don't wanna see 1 of your fav. rappers retire. Yes, he's had a crazy career, but lol as a fan I want new music every 2/3 years from him. And he isn't showing signs of losing his skills, Full Circle is pretty dope. And I have to disagree with the Warren G comment. I think "In The Mid-Nite Hour" was a pretty dope album. Knoc-Turn'Al is my fav rapper, and his latest LP Return Of The Hustler was bad. But I'll take 10 more of those, then none at all. Fuck what all the haters say/would say about him. That's just me.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 05:25:39 PM »
Lol, Yeah when I seen 20K I thought about that line. 20K got me thinking Full Circle is X's Last LP :(
As long as he's still does the occasional rap, why shouldn't this be his last album? He's already had a crazy career and many classic songs. If he wants to quit while he's still ahead that good for him. Why should he continue until he fades into obscurity like other cats (eg Warren G).

Well to most fans, You really don't wanna see 1 of your fav. rappers retire. Yes, he's had a crazy career, but lol as a fan I want new music every 2/3 years from him. And he isn't showing signs of losing his skills, Full Circle is pretty dope. And I have to disagree with the Warren G comment. I think "In The Mid-Nite Hour" was a pretty dope album. Knoc-Turn'Al is my fav rapper, and his latest LP Return Of The Hustler was bad. But I'll take 10 more of those, then none at all. Fuck what all the haters say/would say about him. That's just me.
When I said "fades into obscurity" I didn't been talent wise. I ment fading hip hop fans' eyes. He use to be one of the hottests stars in rap (99-00 era) then he went to respected rapper. What I'm worried about is that he'd continue until no one cares about him. I used Warren G as an example because he went from multi-platinum selling rapper to nobody even knowing that In the Mid-Nite Hour dropped (except for hardcore West Coast rap fans). Don't want that happening to Xzibit.

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 05:31:48 PM »

When I said "fades into obscurity" I didn't been talent wise. I ment fading hip hop fans' eyes. He use to be one of the hottests stars in rap (99-00 era) then he went to respected rapper. What I'm worried about is that he'd continue until no one cares about him. I used Warren G as an example because he went from multi-platinum selling rapper to nobody even knowing that In the Mid-Nite Hour dropped (except for hardcore West Coast rap fans). Don't want that happening to Xzibit.

Iight, my bad. I totally agree with you thier, Commercially Warren G was a BIG disapointment after his 1st LP. What did "Look Over Your Shoulder" do #'s wise? I know after that, I Want It All went gold, Return of the Regulator & In The Mid-Nite Hour flopped.

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 05:38:57 PM »
Not suprised by the numbers...I knew he wasn't going to sell that much anyway.....This album is pretty bad and has zero replay value.... A few songs are alright, but nothing really stands out on the album...The first single is garbage and doesn't really fit X's style...WOMD was 1000x better then this...Not even Quik could save this album from being a coaster...With X doing HOB tours, I would have expected him to move at least 50k first week, but again not surprised he moved what he did....I know X can put out a much better effort then this....This is almost as bad as MVM, in fact it is worse....

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 05:44:48 PM »
Not suprised by the numbers...I knew he wasn't going to sell that much anyway.....This album is pretty bad and has zero replay value.... A few songs are alright, but nothing really stands out on the album...The first single is garbage and doesn't really fit X's style...WOMD was 1000x better then this...Not even Quik could save this album from being a coaster...With X doing HOB tours, I would have expected him to move at least 50k first week, but again not surprised he moved what he did....I know X can put out a much better effort then this....This is almost as bad as MVM, in fact it is worse....

I think this album has ok replay value. I'm still listening to it. I think that all 3 Jelly Roll tracks are dope, Poppin' Off, Thank You, Say It To My Face. The only tracks I really dis-like are "The Whole World" & "Rampart Division". I also thought MVM was dope 2. Symphony In X Major, Multiply, Break Yourself, Heart Of Man, Harder, My Name are dope. And then tracks like Choke Me, Spank Me (Pull My Hair) & Losin' Your Mind were ok. I thought the album got pretty weak at the end.

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 05:50:30 PM »
wow daz sold more!.............I honestly think pimp my ride hurts him rap wise.  He's a household name now but people just hink of him as that more of a joke. 
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2006, 06:15:43 PM »
that concentrate song ain't goin home at all. My friend told me the other day that he really thought the album was gonna be like that song so he didn't even look for it. He said that song was the worse song he has ever heard. haha

I heard it on MTV and switched it straight off, that shit hurt my ears.. and im usually an X fan lol

wow daz sold more!.............I honestly think pimp my ride hurts him rap wise.  He's a household name now but people just hink of him as that more of a joke. 

People see the pimp my ride side of Xzibit and like it i think, but when hes doing songs like concentrate people just tune out because thats not what theyre used to from him in my opinion.

as for the sales  :grumpy:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 06:17:15 PM by Inspire »

~ Westcoast News Network ~

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »
I'm not surprised at all.  Concentrate was FUCKING HORRIBLE.  Like that shit was so wack I hope I never hear it again.  So if I'm an average joe and I see that bullshit of course I'm not copping the album. 

And by the way the internet isn't killing the music industry.  Clueless executives, wack ass music, next to ZERO originality all hurt much worse.

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 11:38:30 PM »
Wow, why all these L.A rappers keep floppin like that? 8)
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2006, 04:10:57 AM »

Damn...I don't know if I'd say it makes people think of him as a joke, but they don't take him nearly as serious as a rapper after seein him on there. But Xzibit has had TOO MANY changes of character throughout his career...and I think that has hurt him more than anything else, because no one is sure of what his identity really is. And he does some very stupid things when he's coked out.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2006, 07:24:16 AM »

Damn...I don't know if I'd say it makes people think of him as a joke, but they don't take him nearly as serious as a rapper after seein him on there. But Xzibit has had TOO MANY changes of character throughout his career...and I think that has hurt him more than anything else, because no one is sure of what his identity really is. And he does some very stupid things when he's coked out.

That's the most interseting thing I've read in this post. What type of shit he get himself into? I though X was fucking with green, not that white.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2006, 07:28:42 AM »
Wow, why all these L.A rappers keep floppin like that? 8)

Wow, why did Big Rich do about 1,128 his 1st week on Koch. Xzibit's first week sales still outsold every Bay record this year except for 40 & $hort.

LA>>>>Bay

kingwell

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2006, 07:34:17 AM »
I expect he will do better the second week, with people having a whole week ahead of time to see it's available.  And plus the people that did buy it this week will give feedback that it's not an album full of "Concentrate".

youngmessnucca

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2006, 09:11:04 AM »
i think alot of magazines are giving this poor reviews. Rolling Stone definitley does, I dunno bout The Source or XXl though.