Author Topic: Fabolous Hires Private Detective  (Read 93 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fabolous Hires Private Detective
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:29:32 AM »
While most of his peers would be lying low at this point and avoiding any contact with the cops, Fabolous is actually trying to help the New York Police Department as he works to clear his name and beat the weapons-possession charges he was slapped with last week.

Fab, who was formally charged after police found two guns in a car that was transporting the New York MC to the hospital after he was shot in the leg by an unknown assailant, has hired a private detective to try to uncover what went on outside Diddy-owned Justin's restaurant early on the morning of October 16. "We want to look into everything that happened that day," said Fab's attorney, Alberto Ebanks. "The New York Police Department is so overburdened with so many investigations on so many fronts that we want to help them better understand what happened." Ebanks said he often hires private investigators on his cases and he's confident that his detective will find information that will exonerate Fabolous (born John Jackson) of the felony charges of criminal possession of a weapon and possession of a defaced firearm.

"I feel that rather than sit around and wait, we want to be proactive about information," the lawyer said. "It has to do with getting these charges removed as early as possible."

While Fabolous' record label, Def Jam, is rushing to drop his next album, From Nothing to Something, to capitalize on the buzz around the incident, Ebanks said the MC is trying to gather evidence that will prove to cops that he should not have been arrested and that no one saw him with a gun that night.

Fabolous, who is out on $15,000 bond, is beginning to heal from the gunshot to the right thigh that sent him to the hospital last week. But nagging questions have emerged about whether the hail of gunfire that he came under was related to an earlier incident outside Justin's in which Boston Celtics point guard — and Brooklyn native — Sebastian Telfair was robbed of a $50,000 chain. Those questions have centered around security-camera footage of Telfair making a cell phone call right after the chain snatch.

Asked if it is possible that a member of Fab's entourage was involved in the robbery, Ebanks said he couldn't speculate on "what someone else may or may not have done. No one will tell you that my client was involved in that," he said. "It's not for me to worry about what defines an entourage member and what that person might have done. I'm overloaded with my task. If that turns out to be the case, I hope that justice has been served. I'm not thinking about whether there's a connection. I have tunnel vision focused on clearing my client's name in terms of being in possession of a weapon that night."

Sources told the Sports Illustrated's Web site that Telfair was not connected to the Fabulous shooting and that the professional athlete has denied knowing anything about it. An NYPD spokesperson said there is no update on the investigation and would not comment on Fabolous' hiring of the private investigator or Telfair's denial.

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

XaNdEr

Re: Fabolous Hires Private Detective
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:36:28 AM »
lol @ the first sentence....like a detective is with nypd  :D

Sikotic™

Re: Fabolous Hires Private Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:35:42 PM »
I'll be sure not to miss next time  :-X
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE