Author Topic: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006  (Read 8254 times)

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2006, 03:42:54 AM »
Snds dope after a few listens! Still gonna cop it on 14th tho!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

anony

• 'G'
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2006, 04:28:42 AM »
dope album

hopefully snoops album is hot too, finally some decent west coast music

eNgIeS

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2006, 04:37:38 AM »
sounds good....but nothinm on this album touches 5 of the classics from games cd (Westside Story, How We Do, Hate It or Love It, Dreams & Put You ON The Game). however this albums songs outshine alot of the rest of documentary

ill def cop it it will prob grow more on me

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2006, 04:58:51 AM »
its a 3 of 5 album, the beats is good but cmon, how can u listen to this all the way trough with his bullshit lyrics. in the end of the album i found myself laughing at all the repetitive shit he says, lol

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2006, 05:03:57 AM »
damn that album is great. no annoying RnB bitches, except for the last track, and it's aight there cause it puts a nice, soft ending to the album. not to many rapper features, and only good features at that. snoop really came way tighter than I expected him to be, and x simply rips it. to the haters claimin game is eastcoast, they can suck it now, and they know it. this album has some real westcoast shit on it. game always comes good, on every beat. less name dropping, no g-unit disses. some hot lines, like the jay-z diss. great lp.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2006, 05:21:53 AM »
i heard the whole album the gayme is definitely not my cup of tea but i do agree there is good tracks in this album,nothing really fly too tho ...don't extrapolate my comments u idiots
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2006, 05:35:45 AM »
I'm surprised no one has noticed that that Remedy sample is the same one that Dre & B-Real rhymed over off the first Soul Assassins album. I actually think Muggs did a better job with it that Blaze did, but it's a hot sample regardless.
ahhh...i knew i heard that beat somewhere,sounded real familiar jus couldnt figure it out,now i gotta go listen to that one thx
Black steel in the hour of chaos?

Whern I heard 'Remedy' I immediately thought of Quik's 'Born And Raised In Compton' especially with the song 'Compton' right before it.
The original sample (at least the bassline) is from Isaac Hayes - 'Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic'

It's been sampled quite a few times (eg Ice Cube's 'I Gotta Say What Up', ATL's 'Just Kickin' Lyrics')
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 05:41:55 AM by Deeez Nuuuts »

MediumL

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2006, 05:44:57 AM »
Unfortunately where game really falls down is that he doesn't portray the california lifestyle enough and the issues that affect cali.  I didn't really want to hear him talking about his relationship with other artists all the time and in the future people will look back on this and say nice production but wtf is wrong with the lyrics.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2006, 08:10:54 AM »
Unfortunately where game really falls down is that he doesn't portray the california lifestyle enough and the issues that affect cali.  I didn't really want to hear him talking about his relationship with other artists all the time and in the future people will look back on this and say nice production but wtf is wrong with the lyrics.

yea, true

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2006, 08:12:48 AM »
i didnt really like the documentary so its safe for me to say i like this better
the album is bangin, good to heard its more "westcoast" than the doc
by the way: do u notice the only people hatin on the album all use "gayme"? :laugh:

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2006, 08:27:45 AM »
Documentary is better.  You can't touch an album like that.  However, this is the best sophomore album I have heard in awhile.  No BS about chains and grills.  Production is sick even without Dre.  Sounds more westcoast and the guests come with fire.  Just Blaze impressed me on his 2 tracks.  This might be the album of the year.  I am liking it more than Busta's so far.  We will see.  I will find out once I give it 10 spins.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »
It's the dirty version leaked yet???????????????????

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2006, 09:47:41 AM »
the album rules!, there are are few songs i dont feel the that much, but the others are  :o

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2006, 10:16:43 AM »
I'm surprised no one has noticed that that Remedy sample is the same one that Dre & B-Real rhymed over off the first Soul Assassins album. I actually think Muggs did a better job with it that Blaze did, but it's a hot sample regardless.
ahhh...i knew i heard that beat somewhere,sounded real familiar jus couldnt figure it out,now i gotta go listen to that one thx

Whern I heard 'Remedy' I immediately thought of Quik's 'Born And Raised In Compton' especially with the song 'Compton' right before it.
The original sample (at least the bassline) is from Isaac Hayes - 'Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic'

It's been sampled quite a few times (eg Ice Cube's 'I Gotta Say What Up', ATL's 'Just Kickin' Lyrics')
its almost identicle to black steel in the hour of chaos (public enemy......youngsta's do your homework). seems like blaze has been recycling fairly well known samples as of late(i guess he feels that their old enough to the point were no one will notice)............as far as the album, i really cant add anything thats hasnt aready been stated......about even wit the doc, sum filler here n' there, and yes, the album could have had a more cohesive feel to it......only heard it once all the way thru, gotta give it sum more time......but damn does he sound more like dre then ever.........still one of the better albums this year, or last year for that matter
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

We Fly High

« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2006, 10:38:06 AM »

its almost identicle to black steel in the hour of chaos (public enemy......youngsta's do your homework). seems like blaze has been recycling fairly well known samples as of late(i guess he feels that their old enough to the point were no one will notice)............as far as the album, i really cant add anything thats hasnt aready been stated......about even wit the doc, sum filler here n' there, and yes, the album could have had a more cohesive feel to it......only heard it once all the way thru, gotta give it sum more time......but damn does he sound more like dre then ever.........still one of the better albums this year, or last year for that matter

yeah i was kinda perpelexed when that beat came on. I was like Just Blaze aint really do nothin to this beat. Black Steel is probably my favorite public enemy song ever, so its kinda cool to hear game spittin over it..