Author Topic: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006  (Read 8241 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2006, 04:34:42 PM »
I feel that The Documentary had more obvious singles on it.

But GOT DAMN he sound like Dre on some tracks!?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I played the entire album for the first time today...

yeah me 2

keepin_it_real

« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2006, 07:47:13 PM »
yeah, damn he does sound a lil' like Dre on some tracks, overall dope westcoast album, probably the best I've heard this year, hopefully we'll get a couple bonus tracks or something on the special edition.

reeyotch

• 'G'
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2006, 11:58:40 PM »
anyone feelin' that track with nate?  i'd choose that as the 3rd single....and lovin' the kanye joint as well.
Tupac's on the milkbox missin'

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2006, 12:50:37 AM »
This album definitely surprised me, a lot. I was thinking it would be a very mediocre album, and that it would be seen by most as a flop. However, I realized that he has had MAJOR buzz, and I was like damn, if this album is at least decent, it should sell a lot...but this album is fire.

I'd give The Doc a 9.2, and after 2-3 listens, I'd give this a 8.4.

Positives: Production is on point on almost every beat. Game's voice and presence is remarkable, even though he does sound just like Dre on many tracks. Has a decent range of topics, and doesn't sound boring on anything. Album has a consistent sound overall, and sounds much more West Coast than The Doc...but doesn't sound outdated or played out at all, as many West Coast albums do nowadays. Although there may be 1-2 songs that are considered to be weak, they don't take away from the album, and are still listenable. Doesn't have a grip of guest appearances, and holds the album on his own. Album has MANY songs that just sound complete as being songs, and sound as if he really sat down with the producer and discussed the direction of the song and the beat. Uses MANY concepts and elements that haven't been heard in a while, such as the movie clips, Mac Minister talking on the track in true DPG form, the female singin on the track in true DPG form, the scratchin of the hooks, the breakdowns in "Compton" that sound VERY early 90's NWA style. Guests hold their own on every track, and it doesn't sound like he just threw anybody on any song. Sounds as if he really spent time on the whole thing, and didn't just rush it and throw it together. Definitely doesn't sound as if he was trying to make a watered down, commercially appealing album....but succeeded in making an album that will appeal to most rap fans while maintaining a very street, gritty feel on most tracks. And overall.....proves that he does not need Dre or 50 to make a good album, which will shock most people. Most people who don't know Dre isn't producing on it will not even care after hearing it.

Negatives: No strong, standout, potentially classic radio/commercial type of songs, such as "Dre day" "Nothin but a G Thang" "Gin and juice" "California love" "How we do" "Hate it or love it" "Drop it like it's hot" "Still D.R.E." "G'd Up". He has some standout tracks, but they are standouts for album cuts, and nothing that will be on top 25 countdowns five and ten years from now. He does namedrop TOOOOOO much, and he mentions Dre's name way too much on many tracks. It is cool to an extent, but sometimes it's just like damn. He uses the same references as he's used on the first album and all of the mixtapes. This won't impress those who are harsh critics of "lyricism" or those who are heavy on hearing punchlines. Doesn't even have a strong club hit, which many mediocre and even garbage albums seem to have.

Overall: One of the best West Coast albums of the year, and possibly for the decade. Definitely holds his own, on his own.

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2006, 12:53:30 AM »
There's a few good tracks on here, but as a whole, the album is wack, no B.S.. Dude's mixtapes are better than this shit imho.. I give it a 3/5..
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 11:55:11 AM by sonofisis »
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"

weaksauce19

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2006, 01:17:43 AM »
This album definitely surprised me, a lot. I was thinking it would be a very mediocre album, and that it would be seen by most as a flop. However, I realized that he has had MAJOR buzz, and I was like damn, if this album is at least decent, it should sell a lot...but this album is fire.

I'd give The Doc a 9.2, and after 2-3 listens, I'd give this a 8.4.

Positives: Production is on point on almost every beat. Game's voice and presence is remarkable, even though he does sound just like Dre on many tracks. Has a decent range of topics, and doesn't sound boring on anything. Album has a consistent sound overall, and sounds much more West Coast than The Doc...but doesn't sound outdated or played out at all, as many West Coast albums do nowadays. Although there may be 1-2 songs that are considered to be weak, they don't take away from the album, and are still listenable. Doesn't have a grip of guest appearances, and holds the album on his own. Album has MANY songs that just sound complete as being songs, and sound as if he really sat down with the producer and discussed the direction of the song and the beat. Uses MANY concepts and elements that haven't been heard in a while, such as the movie clips, Mac Minister talking on the track in true DPG form, the female singin on the track in true DPG form, the scratchin of the hooks, the breakdowns in "Compton" that sound VERY early 90's NWA style. Guests hold their own on every track, and it doesn't sound like he just threw anybody on any song. Sounds as if he really spent time on the whole thing, and didn't just rush it and throw it together. Definitely doesn't sound as if he was trying to make a watered down, commercially appealing album....but succeeded in making an album that will appeal to most rap fans while maintaining a very street, gritty feel on most tracks. And overall.....proves that he does not need Dre or 50 to make a good album, which will shock most people. Most people who don't know Dre isn't producing on it will not even care after hearing it.

Negatives: No strong, standout, potentially classic radio/commercial type of songs, such as "Dre day" "Nothin but a G Thang" "Gin and juice" "California love" "How we do" "Hate it or love it" "Drop it like it's hot" "Still D.R.E." "G'd Up". He has some standout tracks, but they are standouts for album cuts, and nothing that will be on top 25 countdowns five and ten years from now. He does namedrop TOOOOOO much, and he mentions Dre's name way too much on many tracks. It is cool to an extent, but sometimes it's just like damn. He uses the same references as he's used on the first album and all of the mixtapes. This won't impress those who are harsh critics of "lyricism" or those who are heavy on hearing punchlines. Doesn't even have a strong club hit, which many mediocre and even garbage albums seem to have.

Overall: One of the best West Coast albums of the year, and possibly for the decade. Definitely holds his own, on his own.

Great Review. He does sound like Dre in some tracks and drops his name way too much. His lyrics aren't the best, but he definitely improved from first album (weak link in California vacation track).  His production team on the other hand is real good. Compared to what everyone else is producing, these beats are a refresher (through the whole album).
He references how many albums he sold way too many times. I was wondering what he rapped about before he sold # of albums and I remembered he named dropped a lot more before. A solid Westcoast album. It shows how strong Left Coast rap was in 94' when someone can make a 2 whole albums off the coast's coat tails of 94'.

Best track: Too Much Ft. Nate [Let your ponytail blow in the wind] shit makes me laugh, I don't know why. Makes me think of ice-T on a 64' letting his ponytail go.

Worst Track: One Night (Not a bad beat; shows how strong production team was)

Receives a 7.5/10.

SikksTrey

« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2006, 02:33:17 AM »
anyone feelin' that track with nate? 

Yeah, that was def one of the stand-out tracks on the first listen.
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C

eastcoast timbs

• 'G'
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »
There's a few good tracks on here, but as a whole, the album is wack, no homo.. Dude's mixtapes are better than this shit imho.. I give it a 3/5..

Why did you feel a need to put a "no homo" here??/

Chief

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2006, 09:33:11 AM »
There's a few good tracks on here, but as a whole, the album is wack, no homo.. Dude's mixtapes are better than this shit imho.. I give it a 3/5..

Why did you feel a need to put a "no homo" here??/

it was completely necessary.. you never know in this day..

and why is strip club hated on so much? only thing bad about it, is that game tries to be like 50 (but still sounds good) (no homo)

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2006, 10:34:51 AM »
Its a nice album, nowhere near a classic but still nice. It has some real bangers on it. But still not a dissapointment.

lbc213

« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2006, 11:29:04 AM »
Dope album, no question about that! Imo DA > TD.

nppwrtwdt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2006, 12:05:29 PM »
How is that cut with DPG for anyone that has heard it?

def. wasnt feeling it...one of the few wack tracks on the album..and I like DPG.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2006, 12:50:34 PM »
Worst Track: One Night (Not a bad beat; shows how strong production team was)

so you complain about the name dropping and lack of content..then feel his lyrical content on dat let the track down??...thought dat was one of the more personal song on there..talkn bout his brother an his old boys...thought that tune was a banger myself...

weakest track 4 me defintly strip club...only song i really skip....feelin this album alot amore after listenin 2 it blazed 4 the first time....lotta really dope songs...plus a dpg appearance...game exchanged verses dope wit them....ol english,doc's advocate and why u the game..are all ill....and the album runs through nicely overall..definitly gunna get alotta rotation from me...

Rudki

« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2006, 12:57:49 PM »
Digging quite a few songs, will probably buy this, didn't buy his first though - not a big fan of 50...plus this one is more westcoasted out

Kalonjii

• 'G'
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2006, 01:22:46 PM »
I know alot of people been complaining about the lack of commercial singles, but do we want him to do a song like "Candy Shop" or "Mezmerised" ? Imo this is real hip-hop which may not appeal to alot of people, but then again back in the days (if we're talking about REAL hip-hop) there weren't people doing 10x platinum e.t.c. so I feel he is going back to his roots.

I think he should had taken Pac's advice tho and make a couple or atleast one song for the ladies, cuz they do buy albums too and this album was kinda hard from beginning to end.

Game did say this album would be alot darker than The Documentary, so I didn't expect a party album even tho it seems alot of people did, but Game made a choice and that choice will hurt his sales but at the end of the day if that's what he needed to do then that's what he needed to do.
Quote from: Big PaybaCC
u sound like a broad,"he think he hard", if u think he fakin,then prove him wrong...i think im hard ...so what!!! prove me wrong!!! cuzz beat up yukmouth,lil scrappy,sosa(young buccs artist),badazz,and fired on busta rhymes bodyguard even though it didnt go the way he planned it...

^^^^ Damn, Spider Loc's own artist snitchin on that nigga like a mothafucka...