Author Topic: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006  (Read 8238 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2006, 02:16:59 AM »
Yeah so Game doesnt sing the hook, he definetly would if he could but he cant. He does sing the hook for Wouldnt Get Far and does an awful job. These tracks are the same becuase they all cater to chicks that was my point.

This album is dope and all but calling it the hardest hip hop album (by that you mean the best i guess) in years is plain silly. I can name 5 better albums from this year easily.

Once again: the album is dope but dont overhype it  ;)

Game don't sing as in "IF I WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND" lol u know what I mean...anyway my point is 50 said Ja was singin and then took his style and ran with it, which Game didn't do.

Game came out on some gangsta shit and remained on some gangsta shit, now I agree it wouldn't hurt to have 1 or 2 club/girl songs on there, songs that Ja Rule & 50 are pros at, but you gotta respect Game's decision to not add one of those type of songs.

I won't overhype this album, but The Documentary was a 4/5 with a eastcoast sound, this is a 4.5/5 with a westcoast sound, imo a westcoast modern day classic - but not really a hip-hop classic.

I know alot of people been complaining about the lack of commercial singles, but do we want him to do a song like "Candy Shop" or "Mezmerised" ? Imo this is real hip-hop which may not appeal to alot of people, but then again back in the days (if we're talking about REAL hip-hop) there weren't people doing 10x platinum e.t.c. so I feel he is going back to his roots.

I think he should had taken Pac's advice tho and make a couple or atleast one song for the ladies, cuz they do buy albums too and this album was kinda hard from beginning to end.

Game did say this album would be alot darker than The Documentary, so I didn't expect a party album even tho it seems alot of people did, but Game made a choice and that choice will hurt his sales but at the end of the day if that's what he needed to do then that's what he needed to do.

Well "Candy Shop" and "Mesmerized" are a LOT different from "In da club" "How we do" "Drop it like it's hot" or even "Just a little bit", which were very dope club songs that will continue to be played in years to come. I am not mad about him not havin anything like this...but it would definitely help him out, and would probably help him to sell even more. If you think about every west coast album that is known to the entire nation and seen as "classic", they ALL have 2-3 commercial songs or club hits that everybody knows.

Agreed, 1 or 2 club songs wouldn't have hurt DA, but I still feel like Game went for a darker album with this album, I think the things in his life was way to serious to create a club album.

Game said it himself this album will be darker than The Documentary and imo that's just what it is. Let's see what he got for his third album.

Yeah so Game doesnt sing the hook, he definetly would if he could but he cant. He does sing the hook for Wouldnt Get Far and does an awful job. These tracks are the same becuase they all cater to chicks that was my point.

This album is dope and all but calling it the hardest hip hop album (by that you mean the best i guess) in years is plain silly. I can name 5 better albums from this year easily.

Once again: the album is dope but dont overhype it  ;)

LOL okay man, different strokes. I guess Rotten Apple and Blood Money are in this list?

LMAO you forgot Thoughts of A Predicate Felony

Game did sing: THIS SONG IS FOR YOUUUUUUU, FOR YOUUUUUUU, FOR ALL YAAAALLLLLLL.

50 was singing since his POwer Of The Dollar days. Yes he was an idiot for dissing Ja but tell me which rapper aint one ?

How are Blood Money and Rotten Apple compared to this ? Both have completley different sounds. While Blood Money and Rotten Apple have an eastcoast, grimey vibe, Docs Advocate is more universal uptempo.

The production on Docs Advocate is way better than the one on Rotten Apple, Games flow is better too, the only thing Banks has in advantage is lyrics. So Docs Advocate takes it.

Blood Money is a different story. Both albums get a 4/5 from me and what Blood Money has in advantage is the whole vibe. Havoc produced like 7,8 joints out of 14, while Game has too many different producers. The whole album just doesnt have a vibe.

So, Docs Advocate= Blood Money>> Rotten Apple

Don Seer

Re: Looks like I have to eat my words about Game making a mistake leaving Dre
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2006, 03:35:41 AM »

infinite in "backs the wrong horse shocker"...

NOT

Intriago33

« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2006, 03:40:13 AM »
There's some really good cuts, "One Night" & "Doctors Advocate" are my personal favourites right now.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2006, 03:44:45 AM »
Blood Money is a different story. Both albums get a 4/5 from me and what Blood Money has in advantage is the whole vibe. Havoc produced like 7,8 joints out of 14, while Game has too many different producers. The whole album just doesnt have a vibe.
I remember you saying you like albums with a universal sound.Anyways all Shady/Aftermath cds sound like that.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2006, 04:05:07 AM »
I remember you saying you like albums with a universal sound.Anyways all Shady/Aftermath cds sound like that.

I think I said that for westcoast cds that are still stuck in the 90's with production from Battlecat, Warren G... And I said they need to be more universal but too much is too much.

And yeah all Shady/Aftermath cs sound like that, thats why these camps havent produced anything classic. Dope ? Yes, but no classics.

Chazzz

• Lil Geezy
  • Actions speak louder than words
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2006, 07:09:28 AM »
Shit already leaked :o
can anyone PM me the link 8)
I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain

MediumL

« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2006, 07:29:30 AM »
Tbh game hasn't done anything special but its solid work which is surprisingly hard to come by. The beats aren't anything new, the 9min track being a let down, the beat doesn't even develop that much through the song, just stays the same. The lyrics, well nothing special. There a load of reasons why i'd say this isn'ta classic but this is a good album nevertheless. Game's good at what he does, in times where the importance of the producer is rising and the rapper is becoming less important he will do well because he has a good musical ear. He's a lot like 50 cent in a way, because however much you hate 50 he knows whats a hit
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2006, 08:12:13 AM »
alright so after listening to this album all the way through for what... 3 days i must say that this has to be "one of" my fav. albums to be released in the past year or maybe even more. i like every track, even lets ride is growing, and im going to be listening to the album again on the way to school. this album is the shit, i was even thinking about buying a copy...

H2O proof MC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm the muthafuckin man like homo erectus
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2006, 09:12:23 AM »
R.I.P. tats in oooooooooooooooooold english

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »
In my eyes a great album, but not a classic.

You just gotta love it  8)

Chazzz

• Lil Geezy
  • Actions speak louder than words
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2006, 12:25:56 PM »
can i get a link please, gotta to hear this shit
I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain

WestCoasta

« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2006, 12:30:35 PM »
California Vacation in your car =  8)

that's the song of the year

« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2006, 01:05:05 PM »
I think what makes a classic album is a vibe through out the album, not many albums have this anymore due to them trying to get all the best producers to submit beats for the album. And ends up lacking a musical vibe & direction. Thought Common's BE had a vibe throught out the album.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2006, 07:14:04 AM »
 :o This Album shits on "The Documentary" .....Right now "Ol'English" is probably my favorite song..."Wouldn't Get Far" is also a good song...Game & Kanye shittin on the video hoes  :D....

"One Night", "Doctor's Advocate", "California Vacation". "Bang", "Compton" =  :o :o

nu-jerzey-devil

• Lil Geezy
  • blackwallstreet6.skyblog.fr
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2006, 10:04:41 AM »
best track Ol English Bang Cali Vocation Lookin At U D.A. Wouldent Get Far.....

very very very good album

D.A. >>>>> The Doc
www.blackwallstreet6.skyblog.com

The Game "L.A.X." June 24!!!!

!