Author Topic: Jay-Z talks about Dr.Dre producing on Black album and the new one, Detox  (Read 328 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
With a radio interview with Funk Flex a few days ago, an interview with Angie Martinez the day after, Shawn Carter is making his rounds. The latest being a phone-in with Mick Boogie. Jay takes time out, and lets various DJ’s from all over call in and ask questions.

Giving insight on working with Dre and the speculation behind his latest introspective track Lost Ones.

When asked why he’s returning to do another album. Hov responds with the obvious “passion keeps tugging” response, BUT he also throws a little shock in for the listeners…

“…I know Dre was working, I’m workin with Dre on Detox. I know he workin on his shit. I spoke to him, I know he was coming. I was like, well let me ad, you know, my little bit to the puzzle.”

Working with Dre…

“I tell you what happened with Dre…” Jay says. “He don’t care about dates, your roll out or your marketing plan. It’s all about the records for him. Me and him fought over Lost Ones. I’m like, yo Dre, I have to master my album in two days!”

So the rumors are true. Dre did have a track meant for The Black Album. Too bad it didn’t make the cut. But DAMN…am I glad it surfaced.

We’re you referring to Beyonce in that second verse?

“…if you listen, it says 23, she’s 25 now. So it’s an old emotion, but it’s a real emotion.”

Being asked more about the record, Jay reveals that the song wrote itself, he didn’t write it for any controversy and that it’s just a track that got out there. “…I’m actually shooting a video for it.”

A question from Felli Fel, “Being that you’re gonna be working with Dre…are we gonna hear some of those classic kind of westcaost sounding records from Dre?” gets a intriguing reponse from Jay:

“…just remember I told you this. I got a joint called Thirty Something. Just remember I said that. Just remember that name right there.”

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z talks about Dr.Dre producing on Black album and the new one, Detox
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 04:18:17 AM »
- Jay also said Dr.Dre mixed 80% of the album
- he has no guest features

Audio fo it:

http://file.filefront.com//;6111563;;

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 04:21:32 AM »

I really believe that lost ones though not a terrible track is very disappointing and what a lazy ass production on it from dre. Why oh why does jay-z not have the pick of the beats I have heard the new stat quo dre produced song, that's the type of beat jay-z should be choosing from dre.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 04:27:48 AM »
this explains it. he probably recorded the lyrics saying 23 instead of 25 2 years ago, and then mixed it with the beat just months ago. that's why he's so god darn offbeat on it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 06:32:56 AM »
dope

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 11:08:02 AM »
Snds dope! Waitin on kingdom come 2 drop!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?