Author Topic: The big hits / classics that you never felt..  (Read 626 times)

Sikotic™

Re: The big hits / classics that you never felt..
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »
Dj Quik - Tonite.....i don't know...bu i've never felt this track...only thing i like about it was the begining b4 the beat drops...
I didn't like that song until I heard it live.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 06:29:47 PM »
I have to agree on the Forgot About Dre song.  Actually, I never liked any song with Eminem on it.

I never liked Westside Connection's Bow Down (the song).  But Gangstas make the World Go Round and King of the Hill are dope.  I also never really felt Xzibit's song "X".
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 07:57:51 PM »
Forgot About Dre.

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 07:58:47 PM »
Snoop Dogg - Beautiful

to me that track was just awful

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 01:51:19 AM »

the dogg pound - new york new york

damn, never heard anyone say they didn't like that haha

one of my favorites ever

yeh agreed.. big statement lol..

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 12:08:33 PM »
Snoop Dogg - Beautiful

to me that track was just awful

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
Everybody's opinion is their own...but I think it's unfair to judge songs 95 and before by lyrical content, because rap hadn't even evolved to that level yet. It's like knockin Bob Cousy for not having a killer crossover.

But for me.....it's not too many classic songs that I just don't feel at all, as far as West Coast songs that are known by the entire nation and not just "Dubcc" classics.

As far as songs that I like, but just don't love like most people do.....
2Pac - How do you want it....cool song, I know it by heart and sing along to it, but it was never a GREAT song to me...I prefer Toss it up.

Dr. Dre ft. Snoop - Still D.R.E......great song, definitely classic....but I just don't think the beat was as amazing as most people seem to say. I prefer "The Wash" beat over this, even though this song is still better as a song.

NWA - Straight outta Compton and Fuck the police....definitely two epic songs that I consider great for many reasons. However, I can't get into either beat as much as I can with many of Dre's older beats, such as "Dopeman" "Boyz n da hood" "Always into somethin" "Deep cover" "Gangsta Gangsta". I don't take anything away from it, because I know they are nearly 20 years old, and I don't like too many beats from that era.

Above The Law - Black Superman....I don't think it's a bad song at all, but I just never felt it the same way most people on here do. I never play it like I do with most other West classics.

We Fly High

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 01:08:58 PM »
yeah i wasnt really feelin New York New York either.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 02:29:47 PM »
Everybody's opinion is their own...but I think it's unfair to judge songs 95 and before by lyrical content, because rap hadn't even evolved to that level yet. It's like knockin Bob Cousy for not having a killer crossover.

But for me.....it's not too many classic songs that I just don't feel at all, as far as West Coast songs that are known by the entire nation and not just "Dubcc" classics.

As far as songs that I like, but just don't love like most people do.....
2Pac - How do you want it....cool song, I know it by heart and sing along to it, but it was never a GREAT song to me...I prefer Toss it up.

Dr. Dre ft. Snoop - Still D.R.E......great song, definitely classic....but I just don't think the beat was as amazing as most people seem to say. I prefer "The Wash" beat over this, even though this song is still better as a song.

NWA - Straight outta Compton and Fuck the police....definitely two epic songs that I consider great for many reasons. However, I can't get into either beat as much as I can with many of Dre's older beats, such as "Dopeman" "Boyz n da hood" "Always into somethin" "Deep cover" "Gangsta Gangsta". I don't take anything away from it, because I know they are nearly 20 years old, and I don't like too many beats from that era.

Above The Law - Black Superman....I don't think it's a bad song at all, but I just never felt it the same way most people on here do. I never play it like I do with most other West classics.

yeh some good points.. feel the same way about "how do you want it" always seen it as a filler track...

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 04:20:14 PM »
I never really liked Keep Their Heads Ringin', the beat is dope but I never could stand the chorus...

Also I'm probably one of the few people on here who doesn't think the world of Chronic 2001, it was a dissapointment to me  (Eminem's presence on the album was a major turn off for me) when I first heard it back in '99 but I started to appreciate it more in the years that followed...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Mygla

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 06:04:26 PM »
Doggy Dogg World was my least favourite track on Doggystyle.... proably the only track i skip on it.

Also I'm probably one of the few people on here who doesn't think the world of Chronic 2001, it was a dissapointment to me  (Eminem's presence on the album was a major turn off for me) when I first heard it back in '99 but I started to appreciate it more in the years that followed...

two Eminem-features was a major turn off?  ::)

anony

• 'G'

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 11:51:27 PM »
Doggy Dogg World was my least favourite track on Doggystyle.... proably the only track i skip on it.

naw i like doggy dogg world. on doggystyle the only track i skip is Murder Was The Case, never really felt that track.

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 03:31:12 AM »
I never really liked Keep Their Heads Ringin', the beat is dope but I never could stand the chorus...

I know what ur sayin about 2001 at the time I was not in2 Em at all (still not) so I wasn't feelin Dre 4 signin him. Took me a while b4 I even got that album but I luv it now!!!

Most of Eminem stuff shits me!! But I don't class them as classic's !!!!!!!!!

And I can't get in2 The Game's stuff, I mean he has great beats and his flow ain't bad but he shits me!! I think he says Dr Dre's name about 1000 times on Dr. Advicate!!!!!!

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

$Eg2$

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 10:23:51 AM »
I gotta say Eminems singles My Name is, The Real Slim Shady, without me, just lose it, these tracks are str8 wack gabbage to me and all sound the same.