Author Topic: Danny Boy Interview  (Read 216 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Danny Boy Interview
« on: November 06, 2006, 12:20:58 AM »
On October 7, 2006, StreetHop.com had the opportunity to interview Danny Boy (formerly of Death Row Records) with a variety of questions in mind. He briefly spoke to us about his new album “Open Mic”, his experience on American Idol, the situation with his debut album on Death Row Records, what it was like working with 2Pac, as well as his plans for the future.

Danny Boy has blessed StreetHop.com with an exclusive track off his upcoming album, titled "Forever”, which can be downloaded here. For more information on Danny Boy and his homeless shelter, please visit MySpace.com/DBSOUL or his official website DBSoul.com. All donations and contributions will be accepted.

Danny Boy is also offering recorded hooks for anyone that is interested. A special rate will be given to all of his MySpace buddies. Please view his MySpace page for more information.

StreetHop.com: How is everything going?

Danny Boy: Good. I’m trying to keep things moving, staying focused. Music is my life.

StreetHop.com: What have you been up to these past few years?

Danny Boy: I’ve been focusing on my family and constantly doing hooks for other artists. I’ve also been doing musical plays and I had a chance to experience American Idol. I started my own business in Atlanta, and now I’m working on my debut release.

StreetHop.com: Can you tell us more about your debut release?

Danny Boy: The Name of the album is “Open Mic”. I’m keeping it low key right now.

StreetHop.com: Please share with us your experience on American Idol. What exactly happened? Why didn’t the judges allow you to enter the final round?

Danny Boy: It was great to be judged for my talents. An old Death Row web page showed that I was releasing a record, and that was totally against the rules. The confusion wasn’t worth the integrity of the show, especially since I was moving effortless through out each round. It served its purpose, that’s why association with brands in a positive image will serve better for fans to hear you.

StreetHop.com: Why was your Death Row debut album delayed?

Danny Boy: Scheduling Issues. 2Pac was priority, but that’s just business.

StreetHop.com: What is your current relationship with Suge Knight?

Danny Boy: Amicable.

StreetHop.com: Does Death Row Records own the rights to the material you recorded?

Danny Boy: Only what I did when I was with the label. I am the copyright owner on most of it from a publishing and performance involvement that I had from recording with the label.

StreetHop.com: What was it like working with 2Pac?

Danny Boy: It was a great experience to have a personal and working relationship with a hard working artist like 2Pac. That’s why family is so important. It's what I was exposed to at a young age when it came down to working in the studio and on stage with 2Pac.

StreetHop.com: What is your fondest memory of 2Pac?

Danny Boy: Sitting back in Malibu, smoking a fat one, and 2Pac having me sing every oldie that came to mind, also performing on Saturday Night Live.

StreetHop.com: How many songs did you record with 2Pac?

Danny Boy: Twenty five released and unreleased songs that I remember. We were always recording.

StreetHop.com: Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

Danny Boy: Loving what I do! Singing and living!

StreetHop.com: What artists would you like to work with in the future?

Danny Boy: I am open to working with everybody. I would currently love to work with Mary J Blige, Beyonce, Outkast, Stokley Williams (Mint Condition), Ludacris, and all the “bad ass” writers on this planet. Please note that I have worked with some of the greats already (thank God) 2Pac, Tina Marie, Roger (from Zapp), Dr. Dre, Mary J Blige, K-Ci & JoJo, Jodeci, DJ Quik, Snoop Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound, The Dramatics, Twista, Ray J, and Ginuwine, to name a few.

StreetHop.com: How many songs did you record on Death Row Records?

Danny Boy: Hundreds!

StreetHop.com: Will fans ever get to see the debut album that was set for release on Tha Row?

Danny Boy: Ask Suge. I wish them success with it. Publishing is the name of the game. Just send me the cheques and my team will keep my family full.

StreetHop.com: Do you have any last words for the fans?

Danny Boy: I really want to thank everyone for their support. Please stay down with me singing, it’s what I love. Much love to my family and friends. Stay on the look out for my homeless shelter, which will be opening up soon. Check out MySpace.com/DBSOUL for donations and contributions.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Danny Boy Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 08:56:08 AM »
damn. releationship amicable and hundreds of unreleased cuts. i would we fuckin pissed. but u see, its all good with no album over 10 years later.... pfffff

Chief

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 09:50:47 AM »
he got screwed bad.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 11:13:20 AM »

StreetHop.com: How many songs did you record with 2Pac?

Danny Boy: Twenty five released and unreleased songs that I remember. We were always recording.

and Afeni still insits on adding bullshit artists to tracks, i know not all these tracks would be album worthy but im sure some are.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson