Author Topic: Who Are Your Teams?  (Read 1596 times)

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Who Are Your Teams?
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2006, 08:24:20 PM »
nfl raiders
mlb a's
nba warriors
nhl sharks
ncaa cal bears      grew up 5 minutes from oakland coliseum so it wasn't really a choice

Jakubs

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2006, 04:26:26 PM »
MLB - Chicago Cubs
NFL - Chicago Bears
NBA - Chicago Bulls
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NCAA - North Carolina

Anyone notice a trend? By the way, I follow UNC because I got into college sports the same time Jordan blew up, and I've been following them ever since.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »
Football - Manchester United

I also watch nba and nhl a lot, but I don't have any specific team that I cheer for....

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2006, 08:38:04 PM »
I'm an Indy guy.

Colts, Pacers, IU are my teams to follow. Always liked the Bears, Bengals and Cubs too. Not diehard fans of those 3, but enjoy seeing them succeed.

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2006, 12:21:22 AM »
PRO
NFL - Titans/Chargers
NBA - Warriors/Knicks
MLB - Yankees

College
Football - UNLV
Basketball - UCLA
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 12:25:32 AM by Tha Chemist »
WEST UP

keepin_it_real

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2006, 12:55:51 AM »
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
NFL: San Diego Chargers

fuck soccer

WC Iz Active

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2006, 01:15:07 AM »

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2006, 03:07:00 AM »
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
NFL: San Diego Chargers

fuck soccer

Soccer > > > > > Your favourite sport.

The Maestro

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2006, 04:09:02 AM »
Stop calling it soccer!

Now, the reason I am surprised is that football is a minority sport in the States. I frequently see comments such as ‘soccer is gay’ and so on from an ignorant section of our American friends. It seems that most sports fans in America prefer a game that evolved from the British - largely upper class - game of rugby… and they have decided to strap on loads of padding, change the name of our game and insist that our sport is for girls. This grates a little with those who follow the majority sport in the world, and is another sign that certain (unfortunately vocal) Americans are arrogant… and downright f**king rude.

Let’s not forget Baseball, another evolution from a British game called ‘Rounders’. Rounders is (and has been for a long time) largely a girl’s game in the UK… normally played only by children.

Now, I don’t want to piss all over your favourite pastimes… but enough is enough. Why do you have to be so ignorant of the rest of the world? Does it make you feel proud being so clueless and to act so superior all the time?

Harsh words against the rest of the world from these self-styled ‘patriots’ smack of nothing more than a severe inferiority complex… and extreme stupidity.

In a similarly inflammatory gesture back atchya, I suggest that you change the name of your ‘football’ back to rugby, grow some balls and take off the body armour. Seriously… it’s sooo gay.

The reason we’ve called it a football for the last half-millennia or so is that it’s a sphere that you kick (a foot-ball). Forgive my confusion, but how does Football relate to running around with an oval object under your arm and taking breaks every few minutes?

Shakespeare’s A Comedy of Errors (Act II Scene 1):

Am I so round with you as you with me,
That like a football you do spurn me thus?
You spurn me hence, and he will spurn me hither:
If I last in this service, you must case me in leather.

"Spurn" literally means to kick away, thus implying that the game involved kicking a ball between players.

Shakespeare was around before the ancestor of American football was conceived. Football was around way before Shakespeare.

So forgive me. I’ve had a little wine (I know, how gay) and I’m just venting in response to years of provocation. I consider the US to be one of the closest countries to my own, even though the Atlantic divides us. I was rooting for the US tonight because:

A: They showed heart and

B: I can’t wait until this cultural divide is gone. It will happen, but it’ll take time and hard work from America’s football players to generate interest from their success.

And believe me... one day, when football takes over, your game of boring-ass padded rugby will be seen for what it is.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2006, 08:00:02 AM »
Had to be said :cheers:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2006, 04:58:29 PM »
^^LOL, football players aren't pussies like rugby players, they'd DIE if they went at it like that without paddings. :-*

rik

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2006, 05:07:48 PM »
I don't watch SOCCER as much as I use to watch SOCCER. I suppose I should start watching SOCCER agian.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2006, 11:54:29 PM »
I don't watch SOCCER as much as I use to watch SOCCER. I suppose I should start watching SOCCER agian.

Yes you shoukd start watching more football ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2006, 12:17:07 AM »

Yup, I'm sure Rik'll tell ya, there's nothing like Monday Night Football on ESPN... 8)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2006, 01:39:34 AM »

Yup, I'm sure Rik'll tell ya, there's nothing like Monday Night Football on ESPN... 8)

But like "gimme punani" said, how is it football? You rarely use your foot in the game, and lets be honest a ball is round (hence netball, basketball, baseball, testicles) all round balls!

And i take it from the dumbass "NFL players arent pussies like rugby players" statement you have never watched a rugby game? Me, personally i fuckin hate rugby, but staying where i stay i have it forced down my throat every weekend and i can assure you there are harder hits in that than NFL.... with no pads. People would die pfffffff stop bein a bitch.

<<<< Proof.

And for the record, more people play soccer (to avoid confusion) in the states than they do basketball, baseball and football. I know its only the lil kids but still considering how little support soccer gets its an interesting stat. IMO Soccer will blow the fuck up if Adu goes to Man Utd. The second largest support in USA, and the biggest player in America, all the sponsors will be having wet dreams about it.

The Maestro