Author Topic: Dre's beats on "Kingdom Come" vs. any four beats on "Doctor's Advocate"....  (Read 687 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Damn.....as crazy as it sounds, I can easily pick four beats from "Doctor's advocate" to go against Dre's five beats on "Kingdom Come"....and I'd DEFINITELY pick the ones on Doc's advocate. I am feelin 30 Somethin, Lost ones is coo, Minority Report works for the track but is just a background beat more than anything special....and Trouble is very average. I am trippin on this, but not at all mad. For one, I'm happy that Dre's not givin all his best beats to Jay and hopefully he's savin em for some West Coasters.....and because it may give people a change to say Dre is fallin off, which means he'll have the chance to shock the hell out of them when he drops Detox.

Bomb-A®

i agree with every word

peace

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
you cant be usin dope beats for jay-zs wack ass songs

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I havent bumped Jay yet but Snoops Dre beats shit on all DA production. DA production is banging, great for your car but its just the melodys that are hot right now nothing creative really.

Dres beats for Snoop are "clean" as fuck, really melodic, sort of grown folks music.

Sikotic™

Dre's seems to be in the process of falling off. Then again, wack ass Jigga could of just shat all over his beats. I gotta hear Kingdom Come first before I can give my opinion.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dre's seems to be in the process of falling off.

word, some people got Dre's dick too far stuck up their ass; Not everything Dre puts out is great.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Dre's seems to be in the process of falling off.

word, some people got Dre's dick too far stuck up their ass; Not everything Dre puts out is great.

I mean....what do you expect when you've been making CLASSIC ALBUMS and SONGS since fuckin' 1988? He's stayed ahead of the game for so long, and done so much, that you can only expect his shit to be the best of the best every time....and on the flip side, some people just say "well hey, everything else he's done has been epic and changed the game....so this new shit I hear from him must be the same way" and they subconsciously like it just because it's him you know? People do tend to dickride anybody good, but that's how it is with everything. If Bill Gates comes up with a dumb idea that's clearly stupid, there will be some people to say "no, that's why he's genius....he can present an idea that may sound stupid as hell, but watch that shit work and watch him make even more money off of it!!!!"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Did you notice how all these new Dre beats, 8 I think are laid back as hell. Not bangers but laid back joints, except for Trouble thats on some Timbo shit.

Sikotic™

Definitely. That wasn't hate on Dre in any way. Dude has made some of the greatest and most revolutionary songs in hip hop history. Like you said, he's been making beats for 20 somethin' years. Nobody can hold the crown forever.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
trouble is one of the ugliest Dre beats I've ever heard.. The piano and that scratchy noise dont mix at all!! It's true Dre stayed ahead of the game a long time, but if he keeps on making beats like this that period is over...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dre's beats on "Kingdom Come" vs. any four beats on "Doctor's Advocate"....
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 02:57:54 AM »
trouble is one of the ugliest Dre beats I've ever heard.. The piano and that scratchy noise dont mix at all!! It's true Dre stayed ahead of the game a long time, but if he keeps on making beats like this that period is over...

I still cant believe Dre produced this. Trouble sounds exactly like a Timbo beat. I love Timbos production, so I love this. A banger.

30 Somethin from Jay sounds like a beat for 2001.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 03:02:48 AM »
^^That's the problem with Dre nowadays; He's following the hype of other producers, while he used to be the trendsetter. Just listen how Dre's style changed lately; Storch kinda drum patterns, Timbo's use of synths. And his beats are lacking catchy melodies these days.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 03:04:29 AM by U-town »

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 03:08:30 AM »
And his beats are lacking catchy melodies these days.
That's why he never gets picked for singles anymore *cough* Busta *cough*.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 03:08:54 AM »
^^That's the problem with Dre nowadays; He's following the hype of other producers, while he used to be the trendsetter. Just listen how Dre's style changed lately; Storch kinda drum patterns, Timbo's use of synths. And his beats are lacking catchy melodies these days.

Well I agree with this Timbo beat, thats str8 jacked. But Storch nah, if anything Storch is a Dre copy cat.

He still has catchy melodies like Outta Control, Outta Control remix, Higher, How We Do, Get You Some. Its just that Snoop and Jay both picked his laid back beats. 50 always picks bangers.

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 03:11:43 AM »
Rember what we all said in late 96, 97, 98 about Dre beats, then an album called 2001 came out...... but back on topic these Dre beats on Jay album are weak, the ones on Snoop are better though