Author Topic: So, 1 month after the release: Rotten Apple >> Hunger For More easily  (Read 491 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Its been a month since Bansk got released and I must say that Rotten Apple is way better than Hunger For More.

The vibe is great, has that consistent NY, grimey sound to it, whilst I felt like on Hunger For More Banks tried to create a universal album and some track were completley out of place.

Some great street records on this one like Rotten Apple and especially Get Clapped which is NY rap at its finest. The chick track "Help" is by far the best GUnit chick track they have done. Even Hands Up fits great on the cd, since its the only uptempo joint on the album. Theres not 1 song I skip.

The only minus this album has is that 2,3 tracks Banks delivery is awful.

Great replay value. I'd give this a 4.25/5

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
Re: So, 1 month after the release: Rotten Apple >> Hunger For More easily
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 05:05:19 AM »
It's a shame that this album was poorly marketed because it had a really strong first single but somehow it quickly faded off the charts. Overall I liked this album just as much as HFM. RA was definitely darker which I liked and IMO Banks came harder lyrically on this one.

Rotten Apple is not a weak album or a flop, it's a solid sophomore that failed market-wise.

4/5

Favs: Playboy 2 / Hands Up / Know The Deal / Stranger / Iceman (I hope this is the 3rd single) / Get Clapped / Help
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 05:09:43 AM by VodkaTonic™ »

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

ABN

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 05:09:11 AM »
or a flop, it's a solid sophomore that failed market-wise.
uhh it´s a flop, whether or not it´s a good album doesn´t matter in that aspect.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 05:17:09 AM »
i need to listen to it more but it does seem more like an album rather than a bunch of singles thrown together like on hunger for more.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 09:57:36 AM »
The only track I really don't like from it is "One Night Stand"... think that should've gotten replaced by "Life" (ft. Spider Loc) which would fit the rest of the album much better.. that's the only track I skip..
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 10:06:06 AM »
As far as east coast rap is concerned it is Banks, Meth and Busta so far to me. Banks' album is very dark and morbid, something that has been missing from NY for a bit. I still bump HFM but that is more of a crusing record, this is just some gutter shit right here. G-Unit's sound is becoming more like this album. Dark. Same with Blood Money. Lyrically I do give the edge to this over his first one.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 04:29:38 PM »
Yup id say its better than Hunger for more, still not a GREAT album and its just Banks is so boring i really cant take him seriously as a top rapper. I mean Mase has the same flow but for some reason Mase uses it right and i dont get bored of him after 10 bars.

IMO

3.5 outta 5

Rotten Apple > The Massacre

The Maestro

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 04:49:09 PM »
Haha, no one even gave a fuck about that single. Banks is boring as hell. Fabolous may put me to sleep, but Banks puts me in a coma.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rik

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 05:16:10 PM »
This album sucked, so did "Hunger for More" this guy is boring and has no personality. That is why he didn't sell.

Chief

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 10:42:03 PM »
i got banks album in the mp3 deck ready to go... but i got a few other albums that need attention before banks will be heard... but now that i heard some positive incentive, i might just check it out sooner..

The Predator

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 01:29:15 AM »
You see Banks new video? wow what wackness.

Banks used to be ill with the quotables on his old mixtape shit, now his whole style just makes niggas snooze.

anony

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 01:59:09 AM »
I love the grimey feel to rotten apple.

The Predator

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 02:15:54 AM »
Rotten Apple beats sounded like they was made during Mobbs Deeps Blood money studio sessions. Really wacky shit.

Banks just sounds dull.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 03:48:13 AM »
Rotten Apple beats sounded like they was made during Mobbs Deeps Blood money studio sessions. Really wacky shit.

Banks just sounds dull.

Both Blood Money and Rotten Apple are street as hell. Yet people still complain.

Its the same shit when Mobb Deep dropped "Put Them In Their Place" and people were bitching about being to street and that they should have a club joint for their 1st single.

Chief

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 03:51:54 AM »
^lol

yeah it's damn near impossible to impress everyone... thats why it's just best for an artist to do what they want to do... fuck tryin to impress anyone, because there always be a jackass to complain.

tough titties, but thats how it is.