Author Topic: T.I. Wins Big At First BET Hip-Hop Awards  (Read 298 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
T.I. Wins Big At First BET Hip-Hop Awards
« on: November 13, 2006, 12:17:45 AM »
Grandmaster Flash breathed a sigh of relief after being recognized for his turntable expertise, and T.I. finally believes the South has gotten some respect. The Atlanta-based rapper, who was up for eight awards, won best hip-hop video, CD and MVP of the year at the first-ever BET Hip Hop Awards last night (Nov. 11) in Atlanta.

"You can't hate on hard work and talent," he said. "This awards show will show people a lot about where I come from." The show will air Nov. 15 in syndication.

Grandmaster Flash was honored with the I Am Hip Hop Icon award. When Flash received the award, he gave recognition to all other disc jockeys he's met, saying being a DJ was better than rapping. "To get an award for my technological ability means a whole lot more than anything else I've accomplished in my life," he said.

When hip-hop mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs took the stage, he offered brief words for R&B singer Gerald Levert and Ed Bradley, who both died last week."Let's celebrate their lives," Diddy said. "People will forever miss y'all."

Rappers Ludacris, Jermaine Dupri and Young Jeezy teamed with super-producer Lil' Jon to kick off the show with the 2001 hit, "Welcome To Atlanta." Dupri, who won best producer, said he felt humbled for having the event in Atlanta.

"For the awards to be in my city and I win something for producing, it's exciting," he said. "The outcome was something I could never imagine."

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: T.I. Wins Big At First BET Hip-Hop Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:24:30 AM »
Fuck I missed it!

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 12:57:16 PM »
TI is lucky.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 01:07:32 PM »
"what you know about that"

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:46:03 PM »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow