Author Topic: Bowen finally being looked at for his shady tactics  (Read 116 times)

GangstaBoogy

Bowen finally being looked at for his shady tactics
« on: November 15, 2006, 04:07:37 PM »
HOUSTON -- Stu Jackson, the NBA's czar of discipline, said he was investigating Bruce Bowen's foot maneuver that led to Steve Francis' injury Monday. He also said there would not be a suspension, meaning Bowen will be available to play against the Knicks tonight in San Antonio.

Francis' availability is a "game-time" decision, according to Knicks coach Isiah Thomas.

Bowen has done the same thing to Vince Carter (twice), Carmelo Anthony, Ray Allen and Vladimir Radmanovic, which is why Jackson is looking into it. But Jackson said he was concerned only that the Spurs forward has a tendency -- not necessarily intentional -- to move his feet under shooters when they jump. If so, Jackson simply wants to help him stop, but there won't be any disciplinary action.

"Oh, no," Jackson said. "In the past he hasn't allowed the shooter to come down. I'll look at the video evidence and see if it's the technique that he's using so that he can avoid in the future."

Jackson, who was at the Toyota Center last night, acknowledged that a foul should have been called on the play, in which Bowen stuck his left foot under Francis' left foot as he was coming down. Francis sprained his left ankle and has missed two games, including last night's against the Rockets.

Thomas wouldn't come out and say the play was dirty, but said he would have handled it differently if someone had done it to him.

"I'd beat the (stuffing) out of somebody," he said. "Really, I would. That's murder. Excuse me, but in the NBA, when you're in the air, you're really exposed and there's a certain code. Since grade school, the guy's up in the air, at any point in time you want to, you can take a guy out. There's certain things you just don't do."

Francis claims he doesn't think it was intentional by Bowen.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Bowen finally being looked at for his shady tactics
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 04:41:52 PM »

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:18:36 PM »
dude has always been a good player and a dirty player.

rik

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:20:37 PM »
This fucker is a dirty ass player.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 06:56:21 PM »
he is a good player i dont understand why he has to do that bullshit because its obvious he is trying to hurt them in anyway.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:14:22 PM »
I broke my left knee in a situation like this one, it's very dangerous when you jump over somebody's feet. But watching the images I don't think Bowen is trying to injury people. At all. He's just putting an hand on the face of the shooter. Francis himself claimed he doesn't think it was intentional by Bowen. So what are we talking about. P.S. Bowen is a wonderful defender, i love him.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:27:32 PM »
But watching the images I don't think Bowen is trying to injury people. At all. He's just putting an hand on the face of the shooter.

what? its clear that he slid is foot under theirs. he's a dirty bitch and he knows exactly what he's doing.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 07:45:28 PM »
I broke my left knee in a situation like this one, it's very dangerous when you jump over somebody's feet. But watching the images I don't think Bowen is trying to injury people. At all. He's just putting an hand on the face of the shooter. Francis himself claimed he doesn't think it was intentional by Bowen. So what are we talking about. P.S. Bowen is a wonderful defender, i love him.

Bowen knows what he's doing, he's used this tactic for years to bother shots, maybe not with the intention of injuring players, but sometimes that is the outcome.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 08:11:36 PM »
but that shit gets into your head when his guarding you and you are hesitant with your shots... a clever but dirty tactic

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 10:25:14 PM »
Bruce Bowen came in and ate food at my chinese restaurant last year. i was in shock to see an athlete in fresno

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 10:55:36 PM »
he got that northern cali dome.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 02:56:08 AM »
Bruce Bowen=BITCH :rant:

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 04:25:32 AM »
But watching the images I don't think Bowen is trying to injury people. At all. He's just putting an hand on the face of the shooter.

what? its clear that he slid is foot under theirs. he's a dirty bitch and he knows exactly what he's doing.

Man i just want to believe it was not a dirty move.