Author Topic: Tech N9ne’s Album Placed In 4 Billboard Charts  (Read 171 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Tech N9ne’s Album Placed In 4 Billboard Charts
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:37:09 AM »
Tech N9ne’s Everready (The Religion) Debuts As The No. 2 Independent Album In The Country.

Tech N9ne’s First Album In Four Years Sells 22,000 Copies Its First Week; Everready Charts On Four Different Billboard Charts Simultaneously; While On Tour, Tech N9ne’s Press Presence About To Be Felt.

Tech N9ne’s Everready (The Religion) has become a certified music phenomenon. The Kansas City rapper’s first studio album in four years sold 21,887 copies its first week in stores, making it the No. 2 Independent Album in the country for the week ending Nov. 12. Everready is also the No. 6 Rap Album, the No. 23 R&B Album in Core Stores and the No. 50 album overall in the country this week.

“When we were making it, I felt like Everready was going to be that one album that was going to break me through being in purgatory, meaning my blowing up or not,” Tech N9ne said today. “When they told me the numbers, it was validation that Everready is going to be that bridge to break me through.”

The Top 5 SoundScan markets for Everready’s first week were Kansas City, Denver, Seattle/Tacoma, Salt Lake City and San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose. The 21,887 units sold also marks the second most units Tech N9ne has ever sold in one week during his decade-plus career.

Everready (The Religion) features the hit single “Bout Ta’ Bubble,” gold recording artist E-40 on “Jellysickle” and production from platinum producers Rick Rock (Jay-Z, Fabolous), The Legendary Traxster (Mariah Carey, Twista) and Big Tank (Missy Elliott).

In addition to his impressive chart performance and the rave reviews Everready has already garnered in the Kansas City Star and elsewhere, Tech N9ne is set to be prominently featured in a number of publications later this month. Tech N9ne is a major part of The Source’s Independent Package, which appears in its November issue and highlights the genre’s most prominent independent artists and labels. Tech N9ne also earned The Source’s coveted “Hip-Hop Quotable” in the November Issue for his spectacular verse on Everready’s “My World.” Tech N9ne will also have a sizable feature in the forthcoming issue of Murder Dog, the preeminent chronicler of street-certified rap.

Tour Dates:

Thu, Nov 16 Toledo OH Headliners
Fri, Nov 17 Pittsburgh PA Rex Theatre
Sat, Nov 18 Hartford CT The Webster
Sun, Nov 26 Orlando FL House of Blues
Thu, Nov 30 Lancaster PA The Chameleon
Sat, Dec 2 Clifton Park NY Northern Lights
Mon, Dec 4 Allentown PA Crocodile Rock Cafe
Fri, Dec 8 Worcester MA The Palladium
Mon, Dec 11 Norfolk VA Norva
Wed, Dec 13 Chicago/Mokena IL Pearl Room
Thu, Dec 14 Fargo ND Playmakers
Fri, Dec 15 Sioux City IA Lewis Bowl
Sat, Dec 16 Lincoln NE Opulence Ultra Club
Fri, Dec 22 Wichita KS Cotillion Ballroom
Thu, Dec 28 Des Monies IA Val Air
Sat, Jan 6 Denver Co Filmore
Thu, Jan 11 Magna UT The Great Salt Air
Sat, Jan 13 Colorado Springs CO Colorado Springs Auditorium
Tue, Jan 16 Boise ID Big Easy
Thu, Jan 18 Spokane WA Big Easy
Fri, Jan 19 Eugene OR McDonald Theatre
Sat, Jan 20 Portland OR Roseland Theater
Sun, Jan 21 Seattle WA Neumo's
Wed, Jan 24 Redway CA Mateel Community Center
Fri, Jan 26 Crescent City CA Del Norte County Fairgronds
Sat, Jan 27 Guernsville CA Grass Valley River Theatre
Thu, Feb 1 Chico CA Senator Theatre
Fri, Feb 2 Sparks NV The New Oasis
Sun, Feb 4 Santa Cruz CA Catalyst Club
Tue, Feb 6 Orangevale CA Boardwalk
Fri, Feb 9 Phoenix AZ The Marquee
Sat, Feb 10 Tuscon AZ Rialto Theatre
Thu, Feb 15 San Antonio TX The Sanctuary

Tech N9ne is currently on tour to support Everready. Please visit www.therealtechn9ne.com for the complete tour itinerary
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
Re: Tech N9ne’s Album Placed In 4 Billboard Charts
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 07:38:01 AM »
yeah keep on buying them

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Tech N9ne’s Album Placed In 4 Billboard Charts
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 12:14:06 PM »
the sales will increase this week.. due to the album being severley undershipped