Author Topic: How many copies did GAME's album sell the first week??  (Read 1788 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: How many copies did GAME's album sell the first week??
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 04:53:55 PM »
Its funny how Yayo got clowned for selling 300.000 first week when he said he'll do 700.000 which is a 400.000 drop but when Game says hes gonna do a million and he ends up selling 400.000 its all good, he "was just playing". Gotta love the double standards on this forum.

First of all, I wish you would stop sayig that. Yayo didn't sell no fuckin 300,000 copies first week. He sold exactly 214,687.

Second, Yayo was the one all over the mixtapes dissin Jada, Ja Rule, and Fat Joe for their weak sales. Then he came out and sold just as bad as them. You notice we haven't heard him yelling about record sales since then? He record sales didn't back up all his talk. Game is already about to outsell Yayo, Banks, and Mobb Deep  ;D

Third, blame 50 for all this. NOBODY in hip hop was bringing up sales until he came out. And the only reason he brought up sales so much is because he couldn't fuck with anybody he dissed lyrically so he had to say 'ahh no one hears them, they're not selling records'. So now his artist are in those big empty shoes. No more platinum plaques for G-Unit until 50 drops.

Stop cryin my nigga.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »
Its funny how Yayo got clowned for selling 300.000 first week when he said he'll do 700.000 which is a 400.000 drop but when Game says hes gonna do a million and he ends up selling 400.000 its all good, he "was just playing". Gotta love the double standards on this forum.

hahaha, shit couldn't be more true

let me guess, now I'm a "50 dick ryder" for agreeing with him right? LOL

No...you're simply a Snoop dick sucker.

because Snoop has WHAT to do with this thread?

and by your fukked up logic I guess you're a DJ Quik dick sucker

it's obvious you must be some euro white guy trying to fit in here

Me a euro white kid? LMAO! riiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhtt.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 05:04:28 PM »

First of all, I wish you would stop sayig that. Yayo didn't sell no fuckin 300,000 copies first week. He sold exactly 214,687.

Second, Yayo was the one all over the mixtapes dissin Jada, Ja Rule, and Fat Joe for their weak sales. Then he came out and sold just as bad as them. You notice we haven't heard him yelling about record sales since then? He record sales didn't back up all his talk. Game is already about to outsell Yayo, Banks, and Mobb Deep  ;D

Third, blame 50 for all this. NOBODY in hip hop was bringing up sales until he came out. And the only reason he brought up sales so much is because he couldn't fuck with anybody he dissed lyrically so he had to say 'ahh no one hears them, they're not selling records'. So now his artist are in those big empty shoes. No more platinum plaques for G-Unit until 50 drops.

Stop cryin my nigga.

I can't say 50 was the first one in Hip Hop to bring up sales. I know that many rappers have been bringin up their sales since the early 90's, but most of them never sold as much as 50 to be able to brag about them at that level.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2006, 05:06:05 PM »
Game will sell 2xplat in the US only. And unlike other rappers he sells worldwide and not only in the US. Platinum first week US only is surreal, not even GRODT did that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 05:06:52 PM »

Stop cryin my nigga.

I can't say 50 was the first one in Hip Hop to bring up sales. I know that many rappers have been bringin up their sales since the early 90's, but most of them never sold as much as 50 to be able to brag about them at that level.

I don't mean bringing up his on sales. I mean how he was on hot 97 reading the soundscans and laughing at Ja Rule and Ashanti's sales.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2006, 05:23:13 PM »
LMAO @ 300k-400k being a flop. I swear, some of y'all live in outer space.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2006, 07:12:18 PM »
LMAO @ 300k-400k being a flop. I swear, some of y'all live in outer space.

Shit 2 be real, LOL at anything over 100K being considered a flop. Since 50, Kanye, and Em came with amazing, almost impossible first week sales a few times, I guess everybody uses them as a measuring stick.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 07:40:35 PM by R-Tistic »

WestCoasta

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2006, 07:31:38 PM »
^^^ true

there's a ton of people here that think 100,000 these days is a flop

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2006, 09:23:02 PM »
Theres a few things..

1. Game's official numbers haven't came out yet. So we really cant say he sold 400,000, 1 million or 55,000. We should really wait until monday and tuesday (hitsdailydouble.com) does a good job tracking them on those days.

2. IF Game sold somewhere near the 'predicted' 400,000, that is still good at this time. Considering the only people pushing more units are the pop stars, i think Game did well.

3. Tony Yayo came out when people thought rap was still selling alot of of records. Now that we look back, his album wasn't that bad in sales. He doesn't have Game's advantages of putting out an album so we cant compare him to Game.

d-nice

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 09:52:26 PM »

Its funny too how 50 openly dissed Dre for working with Game and threatening to leave Interscope if he sided with him and how he disses Jada, Joe and anyone else that worked with Ja but did not do the same with all of the rappers Game has worked with and he is a bigger threat.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:09:46 PM by d-nice »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 10:01:20 PM »
3. Tony Yayo came out when people thought rap was still selling alot of of records. Now that we look back, his album wasn't that bad in sales. He doesn't have Game's advantages of putting out an album so we cant compare him to Game.

I don't know why everybody thinks it is weird that nobody is really selling that much this year...for one, there weren't any major releases at that level this year until November....and many albums weren't selling just because they weren't good, and because people just didn't want to buy them. But believe that if Eminem, Kanye, 50 came out this year with a major single, they would have sold a lot as usual.

And Yayo didn't do that bad....but comparing him to G-Unit's success, and seeing that Kanye sold 900+ K that week, it just made it look like he didn't sell anything at all. But that is still 120-140K more than what Joe Budden did with a single that was even bigger, and being regarded as a MUCH better MC than Yayo.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2006, 10:02:31 PM »
it's obvious you must be some euro white guy trying to fit in here
Rik is a crazy vato from L.A, unlike you who pretends he's from Long Beach. He might just fuck you up.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2006, 10:03:31 PM »
How is already putting out an album an advantage? Most artists do good numbers on there first album, then slide during their second album.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 10:11:38 PM »
whats the figre to reach gold?

d-nice

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2006, 10:15:02 PM »
whats the figre to reach gold?