Author Topic: Is it safe to say that Nas  (Read 656 times)

teecee

Re: Is it safe to say that Nas
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 06:04:03 PM »
Originally i wasn't expecting alot looking at the production lineup, but from what i've heard the producers gave Nas their best shit for once. And like Detox said, the Storch joint with Snoop is suppoedly the best song along with the one with Game, and these were two of the tracks i didn't originally want on the album 

Nas album will hopefully be like IWW part 2, he already tried to make Illmatic Part 2 so it's likely he will go for some sales on this album with the big budget producers, as his formula wasn't exaclty workign for the last couple album( decent but Nas can do WAY better, they just were too plain)

WC Iz Active

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 08:06:13 PM »
Nas lost again as soon as he hooked back up w/ that Camel, its not surprising this is happening.

wcsoldier

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 12:44:04 AM »
Def Jam really doesn't know how to market hip-hop anymore.
word please Xplain me why Jeezy, Ghost (plus RNB B. Valentino) and Nas are supposed to be released in one single week...  :-X,

Citizen-Y

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 02:28:16 AM »
Jay Z says he runs New York, hip hop, cigarette cartels, whatever, when he can't even run his own ship.

kingwell

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
is getting fucked ?

a) No single and no video 1 month before the release date

b) Four tracks leaked of the 14 track LP, including the most hyped track with Jay-Z, which unlike the other 3 wasn't leaked by Nas camp.

I hate whats happening to him, hes in the postion to drop a classic album but will probably keep getting pushed back.

If you read my post about a month ago, I thoroghly explained why Nas will be dropping in APRIL.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 11:04:04 AM »
Nas wont be coming out til at least Feb/March, and funny thing, he's the best rapper alive.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 11:06:19 AM »
he's the best rapper alive.
Budden > Nas   ;D

youngmessnucca

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 11:11:46 AM »
^^ Budden is close, I still gotta give it too Esco simply based on the fact that Ive been listening too Nas forever.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 11:12:28 AM »
^^ Budden is close, I still gotta give it too Esco simply based on the fact that Ive been listening too Nas forever.
thats true.  Its just as a complete artist I think Joey is tough to beat.

kingwell

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »
QUOTE for yall who couldn't figure this out ahead of time (Meho)

How many months has he shelved Nas's album since he signed him?

Not a whole lot...the only thing we were told was that Nas was coming out Fall '06, and so far, Hov has stayed true to that.  The December '06 release date still stands, as best I know, and it's far enough apart from Jay's album that it won't need to be pushed back anymore.

Yep.

And yes his promotion is crazy at the moment. Theres news about him every day on the internet too.

LOL if you think he will drop Nas only about 1 mere MONTH after his album.  That is ludicrous. 

Black album dropped in Nov 03, his last single for that shit dropped in april 04.  He isnt going to even drop Nas' single until his own last single is played out to the max.

rik

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 11:45:31 AM »
Budden > Nas   ;D

Now I never heard any Joe Buddens music but I highly doubt that.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 11:47:10 AM »
Budden > Nas   ;D

trust me ;D   "Three Sides To a Story"  "Broken Wings"   "Explain My Life"  "Dumb Out"  "Walk With Me"    listen to those tracks and I promise u will be amazed.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 01:43:05 PM »
Budden > Nas   ;D

trust me ;D   "Three Sides To a Story"  "Broken Wings"   "Explain My Life"  "Dumb Out"  "Walk With Me"    listen to those tracks and I promise u will be amazed.
but can they fuck with:

N.Y. State Of Mind
Life's A Bitch featuring AZ
The World Is Yours
Halftime
Memory Lane
One Love
One Time 4 Your Mind
Represent
It Ain't Hard To Tell
The Message
Nas Is Coming
Affirmative Action featuring AZ, Cormega and Foxy Brown
If I Ruled the World (Imagine That)
NY State Of Mind Pt. II
Hate Me Now (feat. Puff Daddy)
Nas Is Like
Either
Got Yourself A Gun
One Mic
Get Down
Book Of Rhymes

etc.

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 02:58:24 PM »
Nas wont be coming out til at least Feb/March, and funny thing, he's the best rapper alive.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 06:32:42 PM »
Budden > Nas   ;D

Budden is an amazing storyteller no doubt, and if he every is able to put out material like that for a decent amount of times ( 4/5 albums at least ) could he be up there with Nas.

Joey's storytelling skills especially 3 Sides to a Story and Walk with Me are so sick, it makes u wish there more like him.