Author Topic: jigga will double games sales...  (Read 832 times)

rik

Re: jigga will double games sales...
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 04:18:26 PM »
am i the only one who think jay-z album sucks?

no the album is straight garbage

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 09:06:56 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Jay pushed 750k his first week.  His promotion has been beyond ridiculous.  They had his ass up in the booth on Monday Night Football last night plugging that shit.

Having said that, I'm not copping this album.  It was boring, predictable, and completely over hyped.  Production was very lame as was Jay. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 10:07:33 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Jay pushed 750k his first week.  His promotion has been beyond ridiculous.  They had his ass up in the booth on Monday Night Football last night plugging that shit.

Having said that, I'm not copping this album.  It was boring, predictable, and completely over hyped.  Production was very lame as was Jay. 
If he doesn't have a successful 1st week, he should step down from president of Def Jam.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 12:11:40 AM »
You can just tell Jay didnt put that much effort into his CD and i own all his CDs.I was very disapointed with KC but liike Detox said his album does have a few Mainstream singles that will push Jay to at least 2x plat but i really wouldnt bump his album at all.Games cd is way better and you can tell that he put alot of effort into his cd.Jay will sell no matter what and thats the bottom line and Game had to put alot of effort into his shit cuz alot people still doubt/hate Game and he just had to shut them haters up.

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 07:34:51 AM »
the album is a grown man talking

you don't have to be 30+ to dig it but understand the perspective he's coming from and you'll realise this album is dope

put it into context

and ya don't stop

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 10:09:39 AM »
Beats- DA

Flow- TBCT. Game swagger jacked Dre's flow almost the whole album. Still dope but not original

Lyrics- DA/TBCT

So far for me- DA>TBCT>KC

Jay just did not bring his A game. Sounded like he was trying to use that almost whisper flow on too many tracks and before he would say some slick lines, there are not too many quotables on this and that is almost unheard of on a Jay album. It will sell because it is Jay but he can do better than this.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 10:47:36 AM »

If he doesn't have a successful 1st week, he should step down from president of Def Jam.

He should step down from president of Def Jam regardless. Only thing he's done well is promoting himself.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 12:01:15 PM »
Kingdom Come is the fuckin' shit, Jay came off like he always does, he definitely showed why he is the king, the Game cd is also fuckin' bananas, he definitely stepped his flow up, but of course Jay wins this battle,  THE ROC IS IN THE BUILDIN'

$Eg2$

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »
Dre's Gurl I mean Detox likes Jay's album more because Dre produced 5 tracks on the album him being the biggest Dre Stan there is you shouldnt expect him to say anything different.

KC cant fuck with SNOOP TBCT or Game DA

Sikotic™

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2006, 02:23:27 AM »
the album is a grown man talking
That's everyone's excuse for the album being weak.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2006, 06:47:55 AM »
But most albums these days are fucked by too many producers.

kemizt

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2006, 07:03:53 AM »
Jigga's album will sell because non-rap fans will buy it, thinking that because it's Jay-Z they're up on the latest hip hop.

'EclipZe

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2006, 09:26:05 AM »
the only song that's REALLY off the hook @ jigga's album is anythang, goddam i love that song, the rest tho, i dont really care about :P its an aiite album like i said before but i prefer snoops and games over it.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2006, 07:25:28 PM »
Jigga's album will sell because non-rap fans will buy it, thinking that because it's Jay-Z they're up on the latest hip hop.

LOL!!!! so true

Jigga is done ya'll..he should go Listen to Diamond is Forever That was the last time he CAME RAL CORRECT

The Best of 3 Worlds

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2006, 08:05:40 PM »
^Yup Im not impressed w/ anything Jay does lately, of course his album will sell, look at how much $ he is spending on promotion, he is so lame. And I think Game's album is much better.
Exactly.

Game's album is more fresh and has better production. To whoever said people are tired of that gangsta shit....maybe, but Jigga talking about how he's back and how great he is, and mentioning his age in every song isn't much better.
^Exactly...& people are saying that Game flopped but selling 380k with no real big singles, no Dre/G-Unit/Aftermath, & being a West Coast artist not named Cube, Snoop or Dre is a big accomplishment in itself...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 08:14:43 PM by WeStCoAsTiN' 4 LiFe... »