Author Topic: I have a question...  (Read 166 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
I have a question...
« on: November 27, 2006, 01:26:03 PM »
Why is it a good thing to talk about Gangbanging on a record? I just saw a post where the person was like, "Snoop didnt really go back to his gangsta roots..." But what if the person aint like this no more? I do not want to make it another Snoop thread but when u listen to the gangsta stuff on his new album they all sound like forced, not like sumthin he would really do dude is getting old and has a family..im sure that he would like to speak about other topics where his kids can relate to. Now to get back to the topic why is it so Important to keep it gangsta, whats so fun about it? how can u be a model for the next generation of rappers if u keep talking about gunz , drugs and drive by, Im not saying to be all spiritual and stuff, but Im kind of tired of people seing Gangbanging as a good thing and people trying to be gangsta when on the real, they would fit perfectly with Pharrell.

d-nice

Re: I have a question...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:31:27 PM »
Fans are like that with Snoop because he was at the height of his career that was what he was talking about. Alot of so called fans do not allow Snoop to grow as a artist. He has to be gangsta all the time. I agree with what you are saying, and although the R&G side of Snoop has its moments good and bad, I like the fact Snoop can rap about a wide range of subject matter. But as always people are never satisfied. The days of people just loving dope music are gone. It has to have a theme or purpose now.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 01:33:13 PM by d-nice »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 01:31:50 PM »
I get tired of hearin' niggas talk about drugs on record. All they brag 'bout is how they make it and how they sell it. It's fuckin' nice to hear that on every other track. I can understand the reference about sellin' it and shit but they be goin' crazy wit it now. Braggin' about it like its some kind of trend. ::)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 01:36:32 PM »
Yeah me too it gets annoying.

Its like i love the track cali vac by game but i hate the way it starts.

Somehitng like get youre blunts ya beat light it up niggas....

My friend who was heavy into hip hop a few years back who not anymore was like " I guess i dint miss anything"

As much as i like that jam He's kinda right.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 01:38:53 PM »
but Im kind of tired of people seing Gangbanging as a good thing and people trying to be gangsta when on the real, they would fit perfectly with Pharrell.
Lol.

I agree with you, some of these rappers are just playing themselves. If you're a real gangsta at heart ::) it should come out naturally in your lyrics, because you still have that mentality in you. The problem is an artist has to cater to what fans want in order to be successful. And once you start talking about guns and drugs, that's what people will expect from you. For a guy like Snoop, everyone was complaing about how commerical he went, so he felt the need to go back to his gangsta roots in order to please his fans. The best rappers can evolve with their music; talking about different subjects, but still have that gangsta background/mentality. You can talk about experiences, current events, etc, but with most gangsta rap fans, it's the more violent then better.

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 01:45:55 PM »
but Im kind of tired of people seing Gangbanging as a good thing and people trying to be gangsta when on the real, they would fit perfectly with Pharrell.
Lol.

I agree with you, some of these rappers are just playing themselves. If you're a real gangsta at heart ::) it should come out naturally in your lyrics, because you still have that mentality in you. The problem is an artist has to cater to what fans want in order to be successful. And once you start talking about guns and drugs, that's what people will expect from you. For a guy like Snoop, everyone was complaing about how commerical he went, so he felt the need to go back to his gangsta roots in order to please his fans. The best rappers can evolve with their music; talking about different subjects, but still have that gangsta background/mentality. You can talk about experiences, current events, etc, but with most gangsta rap fans, it's the more violent then better.

cosign to the fullest on that, and it makes it hard for just a regular rapper that did not grow up in that lifestyle to make a name for themselves not only on the west coast but music period. And the backlash for a artist like that trying to have a harder edge to cater to a different audience is damn near career ending. There is really no market for a dope mc on the west that is not a gangsta to come out and blow up anymore.

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 02:19:54 PM »
That's a good thread, I was wondering about that topic myself. Mostly the young cats are complaining that some rappers, like Snoop, are making different music as back in '92. Like Snoop said earlier, the music and more important he changed over the years.

I really love Snoop's old stuff but however I like his new style aswell. Okay, that "Signs" song wasn't that good. ;D
He is different now but he isn't that wack like many people said. I rather hear songs like "Ups & Downs" than some forced lyrics about how tough he is.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 02:29:03 PM »
People just want the Snoop who still lives in their memories. Lots of rappers nowadays are claiming to "return to their gangsta roots". Eminem is also an example; Every time a new Eminem album is coming out, people hope they gonna hear the "MMLP version" of eminem; the dude who dont gives a fuck, the dude who hates faggots.