Author Topic: how come nobody every mentions the beastie boys ....  (Read 273 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
how come nobody every mentions the beastie boys ....
« on: December 03, 2006, 02:37:03 AM »
...when it comes to greatest hip hop groups

the frist three beastie albums are classics, ill communications is dope, hello nasty is FUCKING amazing, and tot he 5 bouroughs is pretty dope

i mean besides outkast, tribe, and PE, who can say they got three classics and three outstanding albums and no disapointments?

beasties  = :rock:

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: how come nobody every mentions the beastie boys ....
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 07:26:40 AM »
I actually didn't like 5 Boroughs very much, but overall I think they're great. Check Your Head might be my favourite album of theirs.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ABN

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:28:13 AM »
i think their wack and when it comes to having dope rhymes there´s atleast a dozen rap groups that are better.

everlast1986

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 07:51:02 AM »
I agree but they are pretty crappy at punk rock/hardcore music. 'Ill Communication' and 'Licensed To Ill' are great albums.

'Check Your Head' IMO sucked. The punk rock style songs ruined it for me.

Anyone whos into the rap thats out today definetly wouldn't feel their music at all. Thats why they aren't talked about much.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 08:42:18 AM »
Dude, I Fuckin Love These Guys. I Steadliy Bump "License to Ill". "Slow & Low" Is My Favorite Song.
My Future Wife:

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 09:23:40 AM »
Theyre pretty dope I dont listen to them as much anymore as I used to though

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 09:47:15 AM »
Yeah they never really get brought up when discussing the greats.  They def put out classics.  Always good to throw on some beasties at a party.  And, they never fell off in my opinion.

This was one of my favorites from them.  I love the drums, and some of you Dre fans will recognize the bassline:

Beastie Boys - Pass the Mic

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iBZYBL0KYdI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iBZYBL0KYdI</a>

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 10:20:51 AM »
Most people here don't talk about them because they were babies when Beastie Boys were hot.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 10:28:19 AM »
Most people here don't talk about them because they were babies when Beastie Boys were hot.

Or not born yet.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 12:03:27 PM »
Cause they were never that good to begin with. All they did was make it ok for white kids to listen to rap, which may or may not be a good thing.

Paul

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 12:26:48 PM »
i think their wack and when it comes to having dope rhymes there´s atleast a dozen rap groups that are better.
funkyfreshintheflesh

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 12:58:58 PM »
honestly ive been sleepin for no real reason at all. if anyones got a download link to an album or something ill def check it out

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 01:34:05 PM »
Cause they were never that good to begin with. All they did was make it ok for white kids to listen to rap, which may or may not be a good thing.

The Beasties carved out their own niche in Hip Hop.  They def had a punk flare to their music, but they have some credibility.  It's not like they were Vanilla Ice shuckin and jivin up there.  They definitely opened the door for groups like 3rd Bass and House of Pain.  And don't forget Eminem.  So don't act like they didn't contribute anything.

Beastie Boys are better than 90% of mainstream Hip Hop today.  They write their own rhymes, make their own beats, don't use bullshit R&B hooks. 

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 01:38:29 PM »
" you gotta fight...for your right...tooooo parrrrrrrrty "

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 03:38:48 PM »

The Beasties carved out their own niche in Hip Hop.  They def had a punk flare to their music, but they have some credibility.  It's not like they were Vanilla Ice shuckin and jivin up there.  They definitely opened the door for groups like 3rd Bass and House of Pain.  And don't forget Eminem.  So don't act like they didn't contribute anything.

Beastie Boys are better than 90% of mainstream Hip Hop today.  They write their own rhymes, make their own beats, don't use bullshit R&B hooks

WOW! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY THEY OPENED THE DOOR FOR 3RD BASS, HOUSE OF PAIN AND EMINEM!!!! What would rap be without those guys? lol jesus. And nothin is wrong with r&b hooks. Hell, half the beats in rap are r&b loops.