Author Topic: DJ Quik on New "Boyz N Tha Hood" Album..  (Read 417 times)

Dopeisjay

DJ Quik on New "Boyz N Tha Hood" Album..
« on: December 02, 2006, 08:21:10 PM »
Yes.. this is an Article i found.. and Quik is one of the producers Contributing on this album..
By Maggie Large
TELEGRAPH STAFF WRITER

See what the Boyz N Da Hood have in store when they return to Money's Saturday night. Hip-hop supergroup Boyz N Da Hood is coming back to Macon with a new member and a new single.

The Atlanta-based group saw big success last year with its self-titled debut and the single "Dem Boyz." That song hit the rap charts in the summer of 2005 and featured stuttering beats and menacing raps from original members Jody Breeze, Big Duke, Big Gee and Young Jeezy.

Jeezy only signed on for the debut album and moved on to deal with his burgeoning solo career shortly afterward. Block Entertainment CEO Russell "Block" Spencer said the group was designed as a sort of launching pad for new artists coming out of the Atlanta area.

"It was meant to be interchangeable," Spencer said in a phone interview. "When Jeezy got big, he was replaced."

Though there was talk that Lil Wayne would join the group, the new member is confirmed to be Atlanta-based Gorilla Zoe.

"I looked at hundred of people, and Gorilla Zoe had a passion for it, so he was picked," Spencer said.

Work has already begun on the next Boyz N Da Hood album, due out in late spring on Block Entertainment/Bad Boy South. Spencer said Jeezy, Lil Wayne and Miami rapper Rick Ross are a few of the featured artists lined up. Ice Cube is on the first single, "Where The Choppers At," due out next week.

"We've got over 70 songs for the new album," Spencer said.

Producers like Jazze Pha, Cool and Dre, and DJ Quik have contributed tracks. It remains to be seen what will make the final cut.

"We throw something out there on mixtapes and see what works, see what people react to," Spencer said.

The 25-year-old Zoe is not a Jeezy clone however. He said he's got his own style going and that growing up in the Atlanta streets shaped him.

"It's all on me. It's an aura. It's in my music. I fit right in," Zoe said.

At the same time, making the transition to becoming an artist has been an interesting process, he said.

"Being in the streets and not wanting to be noticed, it's different when you're becoming an artist and trying to get heard," Zoe said.

Along with the usual Dirty South influences like 8-Ball and MJG, UGK and OutKast, Zoe also name-checks Cee-lo Green and DJ Quik.

He's been making appearances on mixtapes like "DJ Smallz & Block Š Welcome To My Block #2: Block Boyz"- which includes a diss song against The Game - and refining his style.

"I came over here like a real piece of coal," Zoe said. "They're turning me into a diamond."

Lunatic

Re: DJ Quik on New "Boyz N Tha Hood" Album..
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 08:25:52 PM »
Damn, sick. There first L.P. was a bit disapointing tho. Hope that the Quick track(s) make the cut, 4 real. Can't wait to hear the single with Ice Cube, at least we know that will make the cut for sure.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MediumL

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 01:32:59 AM »
Can't wait to hear ice cube and them, and the dj duik production.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 10:48:06 AM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 04:29:09 AM »
BOYS IN THE HOOD is all hype.
nothin good popin 4 them.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 04:58:58 AM »
yeah that shit is garbage...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 10:36:51 AM »
Good news! :D

too bad Yeezy left tho.
And i'm still waiting for Jody's debut..

kemizt