Author Topic: stop downloading music and buy  (Read 1345 times)

XaNdEr

Re: stop downloading music and buy
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2006, 10:05:22 AM »
get the movement going.
go out today an buy 5 westcoast albums.

lol, if you give me money 4 that, im down

exactly, i dont earn much money yet, and i have to make choices to what to spend my money on, and if i can get my hands on a free cd which saves me money which i can use for other things i will do that, and im sure a lot of the other ppl here think the same, they rather buy some new clothes/shoes or w/e else instead of buyin cd's u can get for free ::)

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2006, 10:18:01 AM »
get the movement going.

exactly, i dont earn much money yet, and i have to make choices to what to spend my money on, and if i can get my hands on a free cd which saves me money which i can use for other things i will do that, and im sure a lot of the other ppl here think the same, they rather buy some new clothes/shoes or w/e else instead of buyin cd's u can get for free ::)
fuckin please, people got this game really fucked up. then who pays for the music. whats the reason to even make music if all u fucks think its free.
you get new shoes ya pay, get new music ya pay. it like everything else. Or maybe ya just a broke fuck!!!!!!!!!!huh.?
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

acgrundy

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2006, 07:33:36 PM »
get the movement going.

fuckin please, people got this game really fucked up. then who pays for the music. whats the reason to even make music if all u fucks think its free.
you get new shoes ya pay, get new music ya pay. it like everything else. Or maybe ya just a broke fuck!!!!!!!!!!huh.?

how fuckin sad.  people like you with your mentality have ruined the music industry.  What reason to even make music if its free?  God that is sad.  Music has been around a lot longer than business.  Trust me, I love business and I am a true business man, but what you are saying is horrible.  Music should be made for the love of music, and someone putting their heart and soul into it.  Reason which you have given is why the music industry is so horrible, why music sucks, and why  I don't buy music anymore.  Fuck your stupid logic.

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2006, 10:34:36 PM »
it's sad ya think music is free.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2006, 10:46:26 PM »
That's the thing is, I think westcoast fans are just more true right now. If an album is a banger, and worthy of our money, we will go out and cop it (hell maybe even multiple copies in the case of the Game album lol).....but you have soooooo many mainstream/groupie fans in the Jay Z bracket, that it wouldn't ever matter, because he will just always have that built-in first week sales boost, no matter what.

Its true JAy - z has more of a pop fallowing then the westcoast right now.

i buy albums if they are actually worth my hard earned cash. yes, i admit, i download albums. however, if they suck ass, i'm not just gonna go out and buy the album because i'm rollin on some sympathy shit. some of the shit out there just isn't worth it. i bought game, snoop and akon. i downloaded all of them before they were released, and since they were great albums, i went to the store and copped them. i use downloading strictly as a tool to see if i am gonna be willing to spend the $13+ on the artist. my philosophy is buying albums is like buying a car...you wouldn't go out and buy a used car just because someone told you it was good would you? no, you test drive it. if you like it, then you buy it.

sAME HERE im a music cd collector so i just listing to see if its good first thats all. I have a bunch well maybe not a bunch but i ouwld say a 3rd of my cds that suck.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2006, 11:04:52 PM »
I do buy albums to support the artist if he brings good music, also for the booklet!!

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2006, 08:24:25 AM »
buy music.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

XaNdEr

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2006, 08:49:21 AM »
and fuck them mothafuckin haterz givin me negative karma, y'all can suck my dick cuz for as long as i live im gonna say what i want and i dont carew bout none of y'all

and now the reason of this post....BIGG-A, im not broke its just i dont earn millions yet and i got it all legit, i gotta work for every cent i earn, so i dont spend it on some half ass commercial put together albums, i got all the classics of the older times, but nowadays music is just 100% commercial and no love for hiphop anymore....
its like any nerd can become a rapper nowadays,

fuck that im not gonna buy their shit so they can get nice rimz on they cars and w/e and laugh at me for buyin their stupid album which they just made for the money, i rather save my money so i can buy those rimz for myself  :-*

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2006, 08:51:37 AM »
get those rims, just sayin there is a lot of good music being stolen though.
No negative karma here man,
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2006, 09:44:24 AM »
I copped "The Blue Carpet Treatment" 1 hour ago, but I'm no from the West, so it doesn't matter cause in Germany Snoop doesn't get that much attention. 2004 was good with "Drop It Like It's Hot" and "Signs". If "That's That Shit" blows up in america, it's possible that they play it over here.

cool, snoop love in germany.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2006, 01:04:07 AM »
downloading music is out of control. i could see some albums, but if u like the shit BUY THE SHIT.

people spend money to make music , u should spend to hear it

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2006, 02:07:45 AM »
I have bought about 12 or so albums this year.

But low key......if people continue to download albums versus buying them, it could shake up the music industry....and for the quality of music, that could be a great thing....especially for independent artists who truly have talent. Imagine if companies spent millions to promote, but only made a few hundred thousands back....that could mean that we don't have to deal with hearing as much bullshit on radio or TV, and they might even realize that people do buy albums...but only when the ENTIRE ALBUM is good, and not just 2-3 songs. My homeboy said somethin on a track...."yo ringtone went platinum, but ya album ain't go silver"...and that's true for a LOT of artists.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2006, 02:13:50 AM »
My homeboy said somethin on a track...."yo ringtone went platinum, but ya album ain't go silver"...and that's true for a LOT of artists.

LOL, so true

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2006, 02:45:27 AM »
yup,sick shit
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2006, 03:01:35 AM »
downloading music is out of control. i could see some albums, but if u like the shit BUY THE SHIT.

people spend money to make music , u should spend to hear it

That sounds good, until you hear the story behind it. I know it's different for every artist, and artists are starting to wisen up...but in most cases, new artists can receive anywhere from a DIME, meaning TEN CENTS per album....to a dollar. Even the ones who run their own companies aren't makin the 7-8 dollars that people think. Also, most artists bank on their concerts to make the most money, because the companies make most of the money for albums.

And to be real....it's basically preaching to the choir to tell people on these boards to buy music, because most of us are the true fans. We might have the computers and we might download the most albums....but we also buy the most. The ones who really don't buy albums are those who don't care as much about music enough to discuss it for hours as we do online....the ones who just listen to radio a bit, and hear songs at the clubs, and just listen to whatever is "popular". Some of them will only buy albums from their favorite artists...but they always get "the homie" to burn the CD for them...or they either buy it for 3-5 dollars from the nearest bootlegger.