Author Topic: stop downloading music and buy  (Read 1351 times)

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
Re: stop downloading music and buy
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2006, 07:54:30 AM »
u can get brand new cd's at bestbuy for $9
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

FLACO220

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Wut Up Tho'!!
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2006, 04:16:55 PM »
downloading music is out of control. i could see some albums, but if u like the shit BUY THE SHIT.

people spend money to make music , u should spend to hear it

That sounds good, until you hear the story behind it. I know it's different for every artist, and artists are starting to wisen up...but in most cases, new artists can receive anywhere from a DIME, meaning TEN CENTS per album....to a dollar. Even the ones who run their own companies aren't makin the 7-8 dollars that people think. Also, most artists bank on their concerts to make the most money, because the companies make most of the money for albums.

And to be real....it's basically preaching to the choir to tell people on these boards to buy music, because most of us are the true fans. We might have the computers and we might download the most albums....but we also buy the most. The ones who really don't buy albums are those who don't care as much about music enough to discuss it for hours as we do online....the ones who just listen to radio a bit, and hear songs at the clubs, and just listen to whatever is "popular". Some of them will only buy albums from their favorite artists...but they always get "the homie" to burn the CD for them...or they either buy it for 3-5 dollars from the nearest bootlegger.
Thats a true statement right there...people fuckin up music bad...
WestCoast 4 Life!!

FLACO220

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Wut Up Tho'!!
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2006, 04:24:40 PM »
I know right? WTF...some people just dont really care like dude said...i see them people everywhere...they the type that you ask them..."yo you heard so & so's new album...they say "whos that?" you play the song...then they say "oh yeah i downloaded that shit from limewire yesterday"...they say..."who'd you say sings that?"...some people fuckin up...burned shit dont even sound good tho...some of it is all distorted and some songs are louder than others etc...personally i love quality, not quantity...thats super wack when people do that on a daily basis...i know dudes that say that they havent bought music in years...that shit irks the hell out of me...some people dont got no sense or shame...L8z!!
WestCoast 4 Life!!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2006, 06:13:47 PM »
I know right? WTF...some people just dont really care like dude said...i see them people everywhere...they the type that you ask them..."yo you heard so & so's new album...they say "whos that?" you play the song...then they say "oh yeah i downloaded that shit from limewire yesterday"...they say..."who'd you say sings that?"...some people fuckin up...burned shit dont even sound good tho...some of it is all distorted and some songs are louder than others etc...personally i love quality, not quantity...thats super wack when people do that on a daily basis...i know dudes that say that they havent bought music in years...that shit irks the hell out of me...some people dont got no sense or shame...L8z!!
Man, you know what? I don't care what people say.  It's my money and I demand QUALITY. If they bring constant bullshit..hey, I could give a fuck.  Even I don't buy my favorite artists' music because they done fucked up with their albums..for example: I bought myself "Rep yo set" album and they shit was pure trash.  I knew buying that shit was very regretful.  I'm proud to burn motherfuckaz's albums that contains wack songs.  I buy quality..and not bullshit.  Trust me, it's not because I don't care about the music...it's because I don't care about stupid music.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2006, 10:20:41 PM »
Man, you know what? I don't care what people say.  It's my money and I demand QUALITY. If they bring constant bullshit..hey, I could give a fuck.  Even I don't buy my favorite artists' music because they done fucked up with their albums..for example: I bought myself "Rep yo set" album and they shit was pure trash.  I knew buying that shit was very regretful.  I'm proud to burn motherfuckaz's albums that contains wack songs.  I buy quality..and not bullshit.  Trust me, it's not because I don't care about the music...it's because I don't care about stupid music.
shit dont make no sense. Have ya ever/do record. shit is work. It's a full time job. So for ya to take peoples work for free, is the craziest shit. If ya want music buy it, just like anything else. it's easy to say the music's bad I WONT BUY IT. bUT YA 4 SURE BE BUMPIN THAT SHIT down the street on ya way. an if ya dont like one album is that enough to never buy music again. you have no arguement..........
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

XaNdEr

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2006, 04:47:31 AM »
look dude, what many ppl, including me, are meaning that rak in 2k6 aint the same as it used 2 be, i copped all the classic and w/e last i counted i owned 108 cd's, but you know,

they used to make an album of 16 tracks maximum and most of the shit on it was quality, u aint regretted buyin a illmatic, a doggystyle, a dogg food, a 7 day theory, a ready to die, a all eyez on me....nowadays they comin with albums with alot more tracks, many even have more then 20 tracks on them, and they got their commercial singles, and besides that theres 3 or 4 listenable tracks on it, THAT is the average album nowadays, imo.

I dont buy an album for some cool songs, i buy a album to hear a fuckin quality album, and as long as ppl comin with that commercial crap and dont make those "old" quality albums anymore, i aint buyin shit

and another thing, nowadays its all about the money, without money wudnt be no music, i know that, but the mixtape industry got outta hand, rappers makin fucked up albums just to appeal to the masses, lotta shit is wrong nowadays, i aint sayin hiphop is dead, like nas, but its time for a change again, IMO

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2006, 08:54:28 AM »
it dont matter what ya say, If the internet was big back in the day, most of these albums wouldent have sold as much. people had to go out an buy there shit. maybe artist work hardier if they know it's not going to be leaked everywhere.
 would be people like you still makin reason up to steal music. everything ya people say about downloadin doesnt make since.Maybe ya should start listin to sumin else. cuzz everything these days sucks to u right.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

t-shirt girl

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2006, 11:37:48 AM »
This problem is being felt throught the entire industry, it is just hitting Hip Hop harder because we have seen the highest records sales over the past few years. YOu cant really blame the artist even though they are putting out bullshit, it is more the sign of the times. The technology is changing and it is no longer convient to purchase a cd and the accessories needed to listen. Most of us dont even own walkman's any more. We are lazy as a people we want our shit and we want it right now and it should be able to move when we move.

It is just easlier to download the music free or not and put it on my ipod and go. Cd's are no longer practical. Instead of complaining about the decline in record sales artist and lables should try to figure out what the next big techology boom will be for music and get the highest rates while the market is still new.

However at the end of the day GOOD MUSIC WILL SELL no matter what the market, so it may be time for some of our hip hop artists to take stock in their lyrics and grow up. If you want to be succesful as an artist you CANNOT depend on one fan base. I also think Hip Hop and Rap fans have matured we are grwon up now with more responsiblilties than just partying and drive by shooting dont appeal to us anymore.

I know a couple of westcoast artisits and I tell them all the time the reason westcoast rap is dying is because the masses cant identify with the lyrics. I.e. westcoast artists make music for west coast fans, sunshine, smoking weed, drive by shootings, callin women bitches, and some other stuff. Then just look at a map Cali is all the way over here by itself. The rest of the US cant relate to what they are talking about. Secondly, westcoast artisits always calling a female a bitch.... well women hold it down now as well so why would WOMEN take their hard earned money and buy a cd where they will be disrespected? If u cut off women you are killing a large part of your sales. Westcoast artisits dont make music for everyone they make it for westcoast fans and in doing so they kill there own sales.

Hip Hop fans are looking to grow up and they want the music to reflect that. The Hip Hop industry needs to have its 30th birthday, in my opinion that is the only way artist will get there due. SOme may call it selling out but you are in the game to make money, you make the most money by making GOOD MUSic the everyone can relate to.

Now I have written my book... lol
But this is real talk right here.

t-shirt girl

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2006, 11:53:23 AM »
it dont matter what ya say, If the internet was big back in the day, most of these albums wouldent have sold as much. people had to go out an buy there shit. maybe artist work hardier if they know it's not going to be leaked everywhere.
 would be people like you still makin reason up to steal music. everything ya people say about downloadin doesnt make since.Maybe ya should start listin to sumin else. cuzz everything these days sucks to u right.

That's not fair. If a artist has worked really hard on their project and given it real effort then that will come through and people know good music when they hear it. Secondly alot of these artists believe that leaking a couple tracks will help boost record sales. To me the music should speak for itself, dont tell me how great your album will be so I will pruchase it, just constantly make good music and you will have a fan for life.

XaNdEr

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »
This problem is being felt throught the entire industry, it is just hitting Hip Hop harder because we have seen the highest records sales over the past few years. YOu cant really blame the artist even though they are putting out bullshit, it is more the sign of the times. The technology is changing and it is no longer convient to purchase a cd and the accessories needed to listen. Most of us dont even own walkman's any more. We are lazy as a people we want our shit and we want it right now and it should be able to move when we move.

It is just easlier to download the music free or not and put it on my ipod and go. Cd's are no longer practical. Instead of complaining about the decline in record sales artist and lables should try to figure out what the next big techology boom will be for music and get the highest rates while the market is still new.

However at the end of the day GOOD MUSIC WILL SELL no matter what the market, so it may be time for some of our hip hop artists to take stock in their lyrics and grow up. If you want to be succesful as an artist you CANNOT depend on one fan base. I also think Hip Hop and Rap fans have matured we are grwon up now with more responsiblilties than just partying and drive by shooting dont appeal to us anymore.

I know a couple of westcoast artisits and I tell them all the time the reason westcoast rap is dying is because the masses cant identify with the lyrics. I.e. westcoast artists make music for west coast fans, sunshine, smoking weed, drive by shootings, callin women bitches, and some other stuff. Then just look at a map Cali is all the way over here by itself. The rest of the US cant relate to what they are talking about. Secondly, westcoast artisits always calling a female a bitch.... well women hold it down now as well so why would WOMEN take their hard earned money and buy a cd where they will be disrespected? If u cut off women you are killing a large part of your sales. Westcoast artisits dont make music for everyone they make it for westcoast fans and in doing so they kill there own sales.

Hip Hop fans are looking to grow up and they want the music to reflect that. The Hip Hop industry needs to have its 30th birthday, in my opinion that is the only way artist will get there due. SOme may call it selling out but you are in the game to make money, you make the most money by making GOOD MUSic the everyone can relate to.

(almost) every rapper calls women bitches, from dipset to d-block to w/e other rapper/group

not just westcoast, tho i think its kina exaggerated, cuz not all women are bitches....some are most of em not.

bout the lyrics and stuff u right, they shud make new music, improve themselves, thats what i meant, but that dickridin bigg-a dont wanna listen but w/e....i let him keep that dick in his ears, i dont care

and good music will sell, sales are down, meanin nowadays theres less good music, and be honest, every album nowadays has to have kanye, swizz, just blaze, pharrell and w/e beats to be good, thats bullshit

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2006, 12:05:04 PM »

That is all real talk...but that there is very true.

I am sure it wouldn't be quite as profitable....but I could even see companies or at least independent artists doing this....creating websites for their albums/artists, where people can download the entire album for free...however, the site would be loaded with advertisements, and the companies would make a good 50 cents or dollar off of each download, just from the advertisements alone. That might sound a bit crazy, but I definitely don't think it's out of hand. Imagine them showing u commercials or showin hella ads while you download the song...if they had sponsors who knew that they would profit, it would definitely work.

They are gonna have to learn how to beat the technology...if not, the record industry will collapse.....and if that happens....oh well. The independents will have a greater chance to shine then.

MediumL

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

t-shirt girl

« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2006, 12:34:43 PM »

(almost) every rapper calls women bitches, from dipset to d-block to w/e other rapper/group

not just westcoast, tho i think its kina exaggerated, cuz not all women are bitches....some are most of em not.

bout the lyrics and stuff u right, they shud make new music, improve themselves, thats what i meant, but that dickridin bigg-a dont wanna listen but w/e....i let him keep that dick in his ears, i dont care

and good music will sell, sales are down, meanin nowadays theres less good music, and be honest, every album nowadays has to have kanye, swizz, just blaze, pharrell and w/e beats to be good, thats bullshit

Thats true and even Kanye will say, "How many more sped up R&B beats do you want to hear?" It gets old. Its funny that these new artist complain about the decline in there records sales while they are sampling from the great artists from the 60's, 70's, and 80's (re-stateing my point good music will sell).

I cant make comments about Bigg A (is he the one that works with Daz?), but the mindset of the indusrty is to get in, make some bullshit, get paid, and get out..... which is cool for the artist but sucks for the fans.

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »
aint gotta listen to na body. but people got this hole thang twisted. ya gotta swallow ya pride an know ya wrong playboy.
dont get it twisted just bein real
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2006, 07:19:24 PM »
shit dont make no sense. Have ya ever/do record. shit is work. It's a full time job. So for ya to take peoples work for free, is the craziest shit. If ya want music buy it, just like anything else. it's easy to say the music's bad I WONT BUY IT. bUT YA 4 SURE BE BUMPIN THAT SHIT down the street on ya way. an if ya dont like one album is that enough to never buy music again. you have no arguement..........

man, I make my own music and I have a studio in my crib... Also. what i meant was if it's good..i buy, if wack..i don't.  Lately, I haven't bought any albums cuz lot of rappers be putting wack shit...that's what imeant.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]