Author Topic: Steve Nash....  (Read 1652 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Steve Nash....
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2006, 04:03:14 PM »
this is for you NIK

http://www.nba.com/features/player_rankings_061212.html

at least Kobe is ahead of LeBron (for now), that oughta make ya happy

:-*

LOL...We already know the NBA has a boner for Nash, you're not saying anything.
You say the same shit about D Wade.  Its getting old, and tiring.  Give props and respect where its due.  Dont be a hater.

It's true...LMAO. EVERYONE knows it besides you. I give props to Nash for being a great offensive point guard...

PLANT

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2006, 04:05:36 PM »
its not like hes THAT bad of a defender.....Sure, J Kidd scored 38 on Nash in a double OT loss to Pheonix, but Nash had 42 on Kidd the same night.  Hes averaging a steal a game, his defense is not terrible.  The way he runs the suns and makes his teamates better makes up for any weakness (if any) on the defensive end. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by PLANT »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2006, 04:12:16 PM »
its not like hes THAT bad of a defender.....Sure, J Kidd scored 38 on Nash in a double OT loss to Pheonix, but Nash had 42 on Kidd the same night.  Hes averaging a steal a game, his defense is not terrible. 

You think if a point guard averages 1 steal a game that means they're not horrible on defense? LOLLLL! With the minutes he's getting and the pace Phoenix play the game at, he BETTER average at least 1 steal a game to even be let on the court. It's not that Nash is just bad at defense, it's that he's pretty much non-existant...Would you consider Bruce Bowen the MVP? Cuz he excels at the defensive end of the court and has pretty much been anchoring the Spurs' defense, though he doesn't have a real offensive game...But you CANT be an MVP playing one end of the court, whether it's offense or defense, and if you don't get that, then read it again...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2006, 04:14:05 PM »
The way he runs the suns and makes his teamates better makes up for any weakness (if any) on the defensive end. 

LMFAOOOOO. Please, stop! LOLLLLL :laugh: :laugh:

PLANT

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2006, 04:20:23 PM »
I dont really see how he is a weak defender.  You just keep using that point against him becuase Kobe is an all defensive team player.  Thats really your only comeback to Nash being a legit MVP.  Kobe's game isnt perfect, neither is anyones for that matter.  Where was Kobe in the playoffs lastyear against Nash' Suns when it was all on the line?  You remember that, dont you?  I wouldnt want my MVP sitting there watching his team lose, doing NOTHING about it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2006, 04:26:42 PM »
I dont really see how he is a weak defender.  You just keep using that point against him becuase Kobe is an all defensive team player.  Thats really your only comeback to Nash being a legit MVP.  Kobe's game isnt perfect, neither is anyones for that matter.  Where was Kobe in the playoffs lastyear against Nash' Suns when it was all on the line?  You remember that, dont you?  I wouldnt want my MVP sitting there watching his team lose, doing NOTHING about it.

How do you not see Nash as a weak defender? Are you retarded or do you just not watch basketball? ANY POINT GUARD IN THE LEAGUE can just blow right by Nash at will, he's the worst defender I've ever watched play, he depends on the secondary defender pretty much every single time on defense...Please, dawg, honestly, I thought you knew a lot more than this about the game...Basketball is a team game, so if everybody is off (like the Lakers were in game 7 due to inexperience), then it is impossible for one player to take over and win 1-5, ESPECIALLY on the road...That's ALSO something else you shoulda' known...Lakers coulda' won that series with ONE rebound though, and THEN what would you have been saying about Nash? ::)

PLANT

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2006, 06:24:58 PM »
Lakers coulda' won that series with ONE rebound though, and THEN what would you have been saying about Nash? ::)
coulda shoulda woulda...but they didnt

WC Iz Active

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2006, 06:27:47 PM »
I do agree w/ NIK  about Nash's defense, Nash is a terrible defender.

wcsoldier

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2006, 08:57:42 PM »
Nash IS a terrible defender... he can't stop the opposite point guard... take a look 4 example at each Suns-Spurs game, Nash is owned by T.P really bad

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2006, 10:27:34 PM »

It's not really debatable to the average basketball fan, I've never seen anyone who didn't think Nash's defense was atrocious until PLANT...I honestly think he's just one of those dudes who likes the individual players, but doesn't understand much about the game...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2006, 12:08:09 AM »

PLANT

« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2006, 03:58:09 AM »

It's not really debatable to the average basketball fan, I've never seen anyone who didn't think Nash's defense was atrocious until PLANT...I honestly think he's just one of those dudes who likes the individual players, but doesn't understand much about the game...
LOL ur a joke man....I could go on and on about how I think your one of those dudes who just dickrides and nutrides even more than he dickrides....But Ive already said to much, so Ill stop.  I prolly know more about the game than you, Ive played ball all my life, started when I was four and played all the way thru highschool and still play once a week now.  So dont sit here and tell me I dont know shit about ball.  Ur trying to use the same little crappy argument in every post about how U dont think Nash is deserving of MVP....Well I do, so fuck off.  Like I said in my original post in this thread, its pointless to discuss with you about anything becuase you will never see where anyone else is coming from becuase you are blinded.  Ive never really seen you agree w anyone about nothing, you just claim u are mr know it all and think everyone else doesnt know shit.....Well I dont even know why I got into this discussion becuase it was a huge waste of time.  Ur still doing the same shit and going in circles.   Just respect my opinion for once, try that.  Its not really a bad thing that Id rather have the two time MVP on my team than Kobe....Its just what I prefer.  Obviously your gona go with Kobe, Im not asking you to bow down to SN, just respect my opinion that hesa a legit MVP.  And you never have.  So whatever, just keep on Kobinating and Ill continue to think Nash Is a really good player who is worthy of MVP status.  end of the day, nothings changed. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2006, 10:29:38 AM »

LOL ur a joke man....I could go on and on about how I think your one of those dudes who just dickrides and nutrides even more than he dickrides....But Ive already said to much, so Ill stop.  I prolly know more about the game than you, Ive played ball all my life, started when I was four and played all the way thru highschool and still play once a week now.  So dont sit here and tell me I dont know shit about ball.  Ur trying to use the same little crappy argument in every post about how U dont think Nash is deserving of MVP....Well I do, so fuck off.  Like I said in my original post in this thread, its pointless to discuss with you about anything becuase you will never see where anyone else is coming from becuase you are blinded.  Ive never really seen you agree w anyone about nothing, you just claim u are mr know it all and think everyone else doesnt know shit.....Well I dont even know why I got into this discussion becuase it was a huge waste of time.  Ur still doing the same shit and going in circles.   Just respect my opinion for once, try that.  Its not really a bad thing that Id rather have the two time MVP on my team than Kobe....Its just what I prefer.  Obviously your gona go with Kobe, Im not asking you to bow down to SN, just respect my opinion that hesa a legit MVP.  And you never have.  So whatever, just keep on Kobinating and Ill continue to think Nash Is a really good player who is worthy of MVP status.  end of the day, nothings changed. 

Damn, I musta really hit home there...I don't care if it's your opinion, good for you. MY OPINION is that Nash ISN'T deserving of the MVP, and that Kobe is lightyears ahead of him as an NBA player. Can YOU respect that? I think not, because the media (and I can't begin to imagine how it is in Canada) has you brainwashed about Nash, and even about Kobe. Look at Boris Diaw, he was never a great player, he looked great as a key piece in the Suns' offense though. now Amare is back and Diaw is regarded as less than average. That's what everyone is trying to tell you here. Yes, Nash is a great offensive weapon. Yes, he's a top player. No, he's not an all-time great. No, he's not back-to-back MVP material. Put him on Dallas, he's a second option. Put him on the Lakers, he's a second option. Put him on Cleveland, Miami, Denver, fuck, almost any team, and he's a SECOND OPTION. I'm sorry man, but Mike D'Antonio's system and the media has you fooled...I'll let your opinion be, but that's MY OPINION (as well as MANY MANY basketball heads), and you gotta respect it as well...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »

If Nash wasnt from Canada, PLANT would have stopped arguing along time ago.. I know it, you know it, he knows it, and Danny Tanner even knows it

The Best of 3 Worlds