Author Topic: Steve Nash....  (Read 1656 times)

PLANT

Re: Steve Nash....
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2006, 09:54:12 AM »
you are a fuckin joke man

dont ever comment or respond to any of my posts again

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2006, 10:06:44 AM »
LOL@this idiot getting sonned left and right. Never has logical shit to say, always posts without saying shit. DUDE, I OWN YOU IN BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE, quit acting like you know something, you just have NOTHING to say. LOL!

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2006, 11:50:16 AM »
Anyway Sergio Rodriguez from Portland is averaging 3.9 assists per 12.5 minutes, so that means if he had the same minutes of playing time of Nash he was averaging 11.7 assists too. :P
Oh, Sergio is actually a better defender than Nash.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2006, 01:08:16 PM »
^Don't act like a dick. It doesn't suit you.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »
MVP titles are meaningless for me.... only MVP of the Finals mean something... at the end of the day, you can win 2 or 3 MVP titles and don't have one single NBA title ( Malone, KG... and Nash)
how is an MVP meaningless?  the most valuable player for the regular season is a huge achievement....thru an 82 game season that player has to be consistant all year long and carry his team to greatness....Anyone who wins and MVP (regular season or Finals) gets huge props in my book.  Being the MVP is as good as it gets as far as individual awards go.

MVP Award>>>All NBA>>>Defensive Player>>>6th Man>>> Most Improved>>>Coach

so if the MVP is meaningless, you might aswell not even hand out awards because to me, the MVP is the most important award they give out.
I really don't care about the awards coz the votes come from the medias, and we all know how they 're objective... plus at the end of the day only the NBA title really counts .. this is a team game... if you had to choose, would u prefer to have a carreer like Steve Nash  or like Robert Horry ??

PLANT

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2006, 03:04:33 PM »
MVP titles are meaningless for me.... only MVP of the Finals mean something... at the end of the day, you can win 2 or 3 MVP titles and don't have one single NBA title ( Malone, KG... and Nash)
how is an MVP meaningless?  the most valuable player for the regular season is a huge achievement....thru an 82 game season that player has to be consistant all year long and carry his team to greatness....Anyone who wins and MVP (regular season or Finals) gets huge props in my book.  Being the MVP is as good as it gets as far as individual awards go.

so if the MVP is meaningless, you might aswell not even hand out awards because to me, the MVP is the most important award they give out.
I really don't care about the awards coz the votes come from the medias, and we all know how they 're objective... plus at the end of the day only the NBA title really counts .. this is a team game... if you had to choose, would u prefer to have a carreer like Steve Nash  or like Robert Horry ??
Well being Canadian, Id say Steve Nash....easily....Dude is the biggest icon in our country

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2006, 04:04:33 PM »

How exactly is he being a dick?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2006, 04:39:16 PM »

By pretending to think Sergio Rodriguez is in the same league as Nash is.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »

By pretending to think Sergio Rodriguez is in the same league as Nash is.

I don't think that's the point he's making...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »
What else could it be? That numbers ain't shit? I guess 81 isn't shit as a number either then, is it? 21/12 are impressive numbers, no matter how you slice it. It's easier to get those numbers on a team like the Suns of course, but it is still a remarkable achievement. And they are winning, too. Nash is no Iverson or Garnett.
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2006, 04:59:32 PM »

it is meaningless nowdays. kobe got robbed of 2 well deserved mvp trophies. i give nash his props, but there's no way you can say he had a better season that kobe did (05-06 season).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2006, 05:32:29 PM »

LOL didn't you see the :P smile?

Of course I did, that's why I said what I said. You were being a dick. But you're usually such an unconfronting, understanding, self-conscious nice guy. So I told you that being a dick doesn't suit your image, so you should just get rid of that dick-being-behaviour for your own good. I was just trying to give advice.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2006, 05:34:43 PM »
What else could it be? That numbers ain't shit? I guess 81 isn't shit as a number either then, is it? 21/12 are impressive numbers, no matter how you slice it. It's easier to get those numbers on a team like the Suns of course, but it is still a remarkable achievement. And they are winning, too. Nash is no Iverson or Garnett.

Are you completely ignoring what I'm saying? NASH PLAYS ONE END OF THE COURT. NASH PLAYS IN A STAT-INFLATING SYSTEM. Not saying he's not great at what he does, but he's a number 2 option on a team like Dallas, and even now he's not the best on his team...Don't be moronicly illogical like Plant, I know you're above that level...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2006, 05:42:05 PM »

Are you completely ignoring what I'm saying? NASH PLAYS ONE END OF THE COURT. NASH PLAYS IN A STAT-INFLATING SYSTEM. Not saying he's not great at what he does, but he's a number 2 option on a team like Dallas, and even now he's not the best on his team...Don't be moronicly illogical like Plant, I know you're above that level...PeACe

Nash does what people expect him to do and he does that really well. He plays his role, he knows his role and he does what he does well. You don't expect Ron Artest to shoot and hit clutch 3s now do you. The Suns don't rely much on defense and if they do they have other people to shut the opponent down, they don't even need Nash for great defense. He's old, it would be horrific if he hustled his ass off on the defensive end, cause his offensive game would suffer dramatically.     
He's no Magic, no Stockton, no Kidd. Still a great player.
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2006, 05:52:54 PM »

LOL didn't you see the :P smile?

Of course I did, that's why I said what I said. You were being a dick. But you're usually such an unconfronting, understanding, self-conscious nice guy. So I told you that being a dick doesn't suit your image, so you should just get rid of that dick-being-behaviour for your own good. I was just trying to give advice.

Ok. Let me try to add something more interesting to the discussion. Let me try. Let me explain you a pair of things about Nash's stats. It's math. The Suns are a 112.1 points per game (best in the League, obviously) team. Well.. to average almost 12 assists there shouldn't be that impressive, since he's doing it from 3 years in a row. He averaged 5.8 assists per game before he returned back to Phoenix 3 years ago, and all of a sudden he's starting to average 11+. Isn't it suspicious to you? They have 3 players in the top 30 of the League in assists (the other two are Barbosa and Diaw, not exactly Magic & Thomas) and they average an unreal 26.44 assists per game (best in the League, obviously). Yes, he's dishing the ball very well, but Phoenix system helps. He's averaging 11.7 assists out of 26.44 total assists of his team. It's the 44.2% of the team. Chris Paul, since i named him in a previous post, is averaging 8.9 assists out of 16.8 of his team. Which means he's making almost 53% of the assists of his team. That's more impressive to me. And we can do the same funny game about points. Nash is making 21 points out of 112.1 (18.7%) while Chris Paul is making 18.2 points out of 91.5 (19.9%). See? Math is funny sometimes. Who clowned me about Paul being more MVP (most valuable player) than Nash?