Author Topic: wii / old nintendo games  (Read 396 times)

Don Seer

Re: wii / old nintendo games
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 07:24:04 PM »
u could just wiggle ya hand.. it'll work.. i'm sure

when i was bored playing/trying baseball worked out i could pitch just by wiggling my wrist a little.. no big movements needed

reguLAtor

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 12:13:15 AM »
I know you can plug in gamecube controllers to play the gamecube games..but is there an option to play Wii games without having to use the swinging/jabbing type motions?  If I were to play Zelda:TP, I'd HAVE to swing the controller around?  I couldn't just mash on the buttons??  I know that's defeating the purpose a bit..but what about games that require button combos and shit?  For example, will you to have to Jab your controller forward, down and forward plus B to do a Hadouken on Streetfighter?

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 01:41:13 AM »
I know you can plug in gamecube controllers to play the gamecube games..but is there an option to play Wii games without having to use the swinging/jabbing type motions?  If I were to play Zelda:TP, I'd HAVE to swing the controller around?  I couldn't just mash on the buttons??  I know that's defeating the purpose a bit..but what about games that require button combos and shit?  For example, will you to have to Jab your controller forward, down and forward plus B to do a Hadouken on Streetfighter?

well its not like swinging the controller around,its like moving it a little with ur hand to swing the sword, and no thankfully u cant just mash buttons because then the wii would just be like the 360 and ps3. I dont kno how the button combos would work..

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 05:58:33 AM »
Each game will be made differently.  The street fighter series will probably basically rely on button combos like the old ones... but may have special ultimate moves or something for each character that involve moving the controller.  If I were a designer, that's how I'd do it... and the designers are much better at it than I am so I'm sure it'll be great.  Imagine your favorite version of Mortal Kombat, except if you hold the trigger and flick the controller towards somebody twice your character tries to knock the other character on the ground, etc.  The possibilities are endless, it's going to be great. 

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 12:41:59 PM »

well its not like swinging the controller around,its like moving it a little with ur hand to swing the sword, and no thankfully u cant just mash buttons because then the wii would just be like the 360 and ps3. I dont kno how the button combos would work..

Thats terrible if you aks me, you dont give the consummer the option and for this reason i might not buy one now.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 01:38:22 PM »

Thats terrible if you aks me, you dont give the consummer the option and for this reason i might not buy one now.

then the wii isnt for u,nintendo is going in a different direction , get a 360 or ps3 then  :D

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 02:06:49 PM »

don't knock it till you've tried it.. its the future.. i;'ve been playing for 3 days straight.. my arm felt a bit funny from wii sports playing yest.... but thats it!