Author Topic: Does the south have a guilty conscience ?  (Read 1423 times)

herpes

Does the south have a guilty conscience ?
« on: December 07, 2006, 08:20:23 PM »
Notice how the past month nas has been sayin its not the south that is destroying hip hip, its everyone including himself that has done in hip hop.  Yet all these southern cats are going at nas lol.  Jeezy, TI, Rick Ross, and a few worthless bums.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 08:37:16 PM by Tommy Fits lives for the hot stove »

rik

Re: The south have a guilty conscience ?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 08:22:36 PM »
LOL...dude you read my mind. That's the first thing that crossed my mind when someone posted a vid of some south cats talking shit bout Nas a while ago.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Does the south have a guilty conscience ?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 09:57:33 PM »
Notice how the past month nas has been sayin its not the south that is destroying hip hip, its everyone including himself that has done in hip hop.  Yet all these southern cats are going at nas lol.  Jeezy, TI, Rick Ross, and a few worthless bums.

repeat that, hip hip and including himself and all that.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 11:21:52 PM »
i don't know how you guys fell but.....Jeezy, Rick Ross, Lil Scrapy and some other dirty south rappers are fuckin crap.  They make hip hop look fuckin stupid and so materialistic.  I thought hip hop was passed that after No Limit and Cash Money fell off but guess not, leave it to the South to fuck shit up again. 
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Chief

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 12:14:32 AM »
^lol

damn slack jawed yokels.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 12:31:30 AM »
long live hiphop!... fuck (most of) the south! :)

israelihiphop

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 11:23:49 AM »
Jeezy is a bum,  he got the nerve to say NAs ain't from the street...Nigga Nas is from the largest and most notorious projects in America...

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 11:47:48 AM »
yeah man the whole south is mad at nas

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »
The east has it and will always have it no matter if they are making no noise, in my opinion.

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 02:02:41 PM »
Luda took offence to Nas also when I seen him wearing a shirt at the BET awards that said "Hip Hop Aint Dead...It Lives in the South"
 ::)
f that shit

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 03:10:37 PM »
This reminds me of when "I used to love HER" dropped, it was obvious Common was dissing west coast artists if you read between the lines. The same thing is happening in 2006 with the South. The South has become the scapegoat for everything wrong with hip hop, but the truth is, New York and Cali has dropped it's fair share of garbage as well. The Southern rappers are reading between the lines, just like Ice Cube did 11 years ago.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

SGV

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 07:25:06 PM »
Damn Juronimo hit it on the nail. I laugh when cayts from the West diss the South like they didn't cry about the East treating the West as nothing but Gang Banging bullshit.

LMAO @ Oklin. You're not a true fan, please stay out of any Hip Hop debates.

SGV

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 07:33:41 PM »
California`s Where I'm At Right: You have nerve to diss the South while you rep Cali. Listen to some Bay music and tell me they aint on that shit the South is on. Fucking hypocrites.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 08:12:01 PM »
All taht the south has going for them is the beats. The last time i check on a southern rap's lyrics was Cunninlynguists, and before that... Scarface? Fuck, that just about covers it. West coast and East Coast cats are a lot more diverse in my opinion, and there's a bigger spectrum of whack to sick on both coasts. The south is either Ok, crap, or abosultely unlistenable garbage
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 10:19:02 PM »
All taht the south has going for them is the beats. The last time i check on a southern rap's lyrics was Cunninlynguists, and before that... Scarface? Fuck, that just about covers it. West coast and East Coast cats are a lot more diverse in my opinion, and there's a bigger spectrum of whack to sick on both coasts. The south is either Ok, crap, or abosultely unlistenable garbage

I should smack the shit out of ya.

UGK