Author Topic: Did Jay-z buy his own albums to boost record sales?  (Read 723 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Did Jay-z buy his own albums to boost record sales?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 07:38:27 AM »
Whats with this website?

i love this girl lol

oh yeah and as for the jay-z thing, i  like jigga but i thought this album sucked so if he bought 200 000 copies then he got ripped pff

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 07:59:37 AM »
ROFL at some of these comments. I see Kingdom Come is gonna get "Massacred".

So these days track like "Oh My God, Kngdom Come, Lost Ones, Do U Wanna Ride, 30 Somethin, I Made It, Trouble, Dig A Hole, Minority Report and Beach Chair" are considered wack ? Ha ha, thats just too funny. Laffy Taffy is wack this is not.

I mean what did you expect a Resonable Doubt or Illmatic.

I'd even say "ok, its not their type of music" but you guys listen to DPG, Snoop, Game, Nas, Lil Wayne, Dipset....

PLANT

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 08:02:20 AM »
he must be buying that shit becuase his new album is terrible

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 08:11:56 AM »

So these days track like "Oh My God, Kngdom Come, Lost Ones, Do U Wanna Ride, 30 Somethin, I Made It, Trouble, Dig A Hole, Minority Report and Beach Chair" are considered wack ? Ha ha, thats just too funny. Laffy Taffy is wack this is not.

I'd even say "ok, its not their type of music" but you guys listen to DPG, Snoop, Game, Nas, Lil Wayne, Dipset....

meho id say we expect for him to put more time and effort into his albums and not just throw the shit together like he did. the album sucks and wont be talked about in 5 years.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 08:12:55 AM »
Of course he did. Nobody is feeling Jay's wack ass album. The only people who bought it were the people who excuse his wackness as "grown up music".

Respek +1

Chief

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 08:41:16 AM »
i wont out rule completely the fact he may have bought copies, coz fuck, i dont know... i didnt buy a copy, i thought it was a good album, but not good enough to go spend my hard earned $$$ on it.

all i know is jay-z had hella promotion, and has a solid fan base... so it's possible either way.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 09:13:44 AM »
You don't sell 700k in the first week and then bomb out 81% to like 140k without something really suspect going on.  Shit just doesn't happen.  I think it's safe to say Jay def inflated his sales. 

So therefore I also say
fuck jay-z?   :o

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 09:49:22 AM »

You are in denial.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2006, 01:09:51 PM »
why are people suprised at this??? when numbers are dropping big time, jigga album hits a all time high.........reason why??? because he run def jam nigga, he only answer to one guy i think, the whole of jefjam answer to him.....he would like the weakest ceo if his shit didnt sell crazy, i told y'all before the album dropped that his numbers would be huge because his company would be buying all his shit, no nigga has big ass 80% 2nd week drops, 50-60 is expected now if y'all aint got a smash hit, but jigga just sold those numbers and we all know how...

but any rapper in his position would have done it....it is just crazy the nigga sold bigger 1st week numbers than justin timberlake with his joint that was killin radio everywhere, thats how u know his sales are jokes

Miuzi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 08:25:04 AM »
I think he has a large enough fanbase to sell that many the first week, but the single and promotion isn't getting any new fans so his sales go right down.

I bought it and think this album will be forgotten in about 2-3 months.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 09:00:12 AM »
just blaze beats on that album are crazy, he wasted them on old jay-z.

$Eg2$

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 11:30:20 AM »
How many copies did Detox buy  ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 12:41:34 PM »
i wonder if he wear sunglasses and a trenchcoat when hes drivin around different stores pickin up copies

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 02:48:18 PM »

You are in denial.

Whatever, this forum is too funny. For some artists expectations are so low that even if they release pure crap they'll love it but some artists have to make 5/5 albums every time they drop.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 04:15:12 PM »

You are in denial.

Whatever, this forum is too funny. For some artists expectations are so low that even if they release pure crap they'll love it but some artists have to make 5/5 albums every time they drop.

but you have to understand that the greats are always expected to be great. Hova is a legend and a great..  He is the god of his label and had the ability to conjure up all the talents to put out the best album ever.He has no reason to come from retirement to put out a medicore album.. I personally think its an ok album. However, when i read all these stories about how much he put into marketing, who actually produced/mixed the album, and how he acts too royal to talk about certain rappers/situations it makes me think this album is an underacheiver..

Jay-Z reminds me of the USA Basketball Team that gets a bronze medal with all that talent they got on their team.. kinda disappointing.

1. Even your best friend 50 cent commented on this album not doing as well as it should have.

2. I'm pretty sure you would be pissed if Dr Dre came out with an album with the same quality of Kingdom Come.