Author Topic: What is Rap?  (Read 712 times)

SGV

Re: What is Rap?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 10:19:46 AM »
Again, you are an idiot. Do not talk about anything related to the Hip Hop culture. I will respond to any of your posts if the pertain to Hip Hop.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 10:32:56 AM »
hip-hop>rap
take your faggot ass somewhere. in terms of music, rap and hip hop are the same thing.
stfu lol rap n hip hop r the same thing yea rite, well maybe but not if you referin to rap these days. i'll tell you one difference between the two a hip hop concert= peace and everything is good (even when w/ liquor) rap concert= fight and a whole other bs

wtf is tht shit ur comparin rap & hip hop through a concert, nd they are the same thing
Okay well its like this hip hop is rap but rap is not hip hop.

yes it is... rap is hip hop. hip hop consists of 4 things: graffiti, DJing, breakdancing, and MCing (rapping)...

Cant forget about beatboxing

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 10:46:21 AM »
If you say for example "I like hip hop music" or "I like rap music" what would be the difference?
I think it's the same. If someone ask what kinda music I like I always say "I like hip hop".
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:48:49 AM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Paul

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 10:49:06 AM »
If you say for example "I like hip hop music" or "I like rap music" what would be the difference?
I think it's the same. If someone ask what kinda music I like I always say "I like hip hop".

it is the same thing
funkyfreshintheflesh

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 10:52:17 AM »
What I do hate is that new word people use for black music in Holland called "URBAN" What the fuck is that?!?!?!?!

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 10:54:37 AM »
all you gotta do to make rap music is to rap.. imo you have to do more to do hiphop music.. like you gotta have a hiphopish beat :)

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 10:59:29 AM »
What I do hate is that new word people use for black music in Holland called "URBAN" What the fuck is that?!?!?!?!

I was thinking the same thing. But theyre using it in other countries as wel.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 11:21:40 AM »

Record stores got too lazy to separate all the R&B from the hip hop so they put it under one title or something?

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2006, 11:37:39 AM »

Record stores got too lazy to separate all the R&B from the hip hop so they put it under one title or something?

why would they do that? They seperate rock and pop as well. So why not for rap and rnb.

Paul

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006, 12:53:22 PM »

why would they do that? They seperate rock and pop as well. So why not for rap and rnb.

cause everyone in the world is lazy dickheads :D
funkyfreshintheflesh

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2006, 01:41:33 PM »
all you gotta do to make rap music is to rap.. imo you have to do more to do hiphop music.. like you gotta have a hiphopish beat :)
So do you semi agreew with what im sayin?

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2006, 04:57:16 PM »

youre both wrong. one more time, RAP is one of the four major elements of HIP HOP. those elements are DJing, art (ex. graffiti), dance (ex. breakdancing), and MCing. boycriedwolf, im sorry man, but give up. youre not right.

SGV

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2006, 08:44:09 PM »
What the fuck is a Hip Hopish beat? LMAO. That is stupidity. What is a Hip Hopish beat?

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2006, 08:57:16 PM »

youre both wrong. one more time, RAP is one of the four major elements of HIP HOP. those elements are DJing, art (ex. graffiti), dance (ex. breakdancing), and MCing. boycriedwolf, im sorry man, but give up. youre not right.

Just because someone is a rapper doesnt mean they are a MC. It takes alot to be considered an MC( master of ceremonies).

SGV

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2006, 09:25:36 PM »
LMAO. Explain to us what the difference is?