Author Topic: Knocturnal  (Read 103 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Knocturnal
« on: December 15, 2006, 11:22:57 AM »
Just read an old interview that WCC did with knoc and he said dre and nate and them sat him down and said "are you ready to be rich?"....that said, how well did 'the way i am' do sales wise? Did dude get rich? Cause I've heard nothing about him for a long ass time.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

Re: Knocturnal
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 11:26:28 AM »
Just read an old interview that WCC did with knoc and he said dre and nate and them sat him down and said "are you ready to be rich?"....that said, how well did 'the way i am' do sales wise? Did dude get rich? Cause I've heard nothing about him for a long ass time.

-T

I don't no if dude got rich, but I do The Way I Am did not do well in the sales department. It sold like 25,000 in the 1st week. But depending on royalties, and how much $ he received per record sold, It's hard to say he didn't get rich because he didn't sell well. Plus guest appearances on Dre's 2001 cd, westside connection's terrorist threats, plus a few more appearances,  ghost writing for dre, warren g, dj quik, & xzibit he is probably doing pretty well. Can't wait for the next REAL Knoc L.P. (no sonic wave bullshit). "Book Of Knoc" on Treacherous Records, hopefully coming in 2007 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 03:13:20 PM »
if bad intentions was on his record, dude would have went gold. That's how dre slices his proteges at the heels (Hittman for example) these days, by not promoting their records with big singles. if one of the singles from 2001 would have been ackrite or a hevily hittman featured song plezbalev dude would have been gold as well. some fucked up shit when even the dre support won't get you gold if you're dope which hittman and knoc are....damn.
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:30:09 PM »
Yea. It's too bad, cause both are dope. Hittman 2 me is 100% done, Knoc still got a shot. Will see if Knoc is on Detox (doubt Hittman will be). In a more recent song "Can't Do It Better" (Big Syke Feat. Knoc) Knoc mentions Dre in it, so that should give us an idea that both are still cool with each other. Knoc has been more active recently then usual (only counting the 2 year period after the way I am dropped). He did that Big Syke track (which will either be on the treacherous micks tape or big syke's next solo), he's on J.Wells upcoming album (on a track that was here on dubcnn, entitled "Got Me Goin", he was on a spanish rappers (Yama) album, recently on a track called "Warraz" or something like that (Which was the 1st single I believe off the album). He also was on Suga Free's Just Add Water LP, so lets hope he's coming back up.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com