Author Topic: Did anyone just see the Knicks-Nuggets brawl that took place in MSG?!  (Read 633 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

10 Players Ejected From Knicks-Nuggets Game

16th December, 2006 - 10:09 pm
RealGM.com -
In the worst episode of violence since the infamous game in Detroit a few years ago, the referees decided to eject every player who was on the court when an incident broke out at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night.

Knicks guard Mardy Collins fouled Nugget guard J.R. Smith hard on a fast break attempt in the final minutes of a blowout Denver win, causing Smith to jump up and confront Collins. Nate Robinson came in to support his teammate, pushing Smith who took exception to the shove. Robinson and Smith then wrestled into reporters sitting courtside as players from both teams ran in to stick up for their teammates.

Just as things started to settle down, Collins said something to Carmello Anthony who punched Collins in the face, causing Collins to hit the floor. Episodes then followed, with new Knick Jared Jeffries fighting through teammates and team officials to try to get at Anthony.

After the referees and coaches conversed, an announcement was made that every player who was on the court at the time of the incident had been ejected, with the Nuggets leaving the court first. Once they were back in their dressing room, the Knicks followed suit.

It is unknown if players from either team left their respective benches at the time of the incident, with Knick broadcasters saying that Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury definitely remained on the sidelines.

It's bound to be a busy next few days for Stu Jackson and the others at the NBA offices.

Crazy shit!...I'll get the video up ASAP.

GangstaBoogy

Re: Did anyone just see the Knicks-Nuggets brawl that took place in MSG?!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 09:11:54 PM »
Just saw the highlights. Nate Robinson is a bitch. The refs didn't even get a chance to break up the fight between Collins & Smith cuz he kept jumping in pushing J.R.

LMAO @ Carmello socking Mardy Collins then running from Jared Jeffries.

The Knicks are fuckin pathetic. Although, I understand what they were saying. J.R. Smith was a lil too dunk happy while already sitting on a 20 point lead.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 10:19:58 PM »
And the video...

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 10:27:57 PM »
^^props...

swangin and bangin

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 11:40:36 PM »
damnn. nut why did carmelo hit and run backwords?
pussy ass bitch

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 01:17:14 AM »
i'm just mad that melo threw that punch , he's one of my favorite players i dont' want to see him go out

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WC Iz Active

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 02:02:23 AM »
Thats got nothing on the Malice at The Palace but it was still intense, LMFAO at Melo what a FUCKIN BITCH

WC Iz Active

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 02:05:25 AM »
Just saw the highlights. Nate Robinson is a bitch. The refs didn't even get a chance to break up the fight between Collins & Smith cuz he kept jumping in pushing J.R.

WTF?!  How is Nate Robinson a bitch wtf? he is the shortest player in the league and pretty much took down Jr Smith, ur trippin man Nate wasnt a bitch in that brawl.

reguLAtor

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 02:22:46 AM »
I've seen harder fouls that didn't result in shit like this.  Why were all those starters on the floor for Denver in the first place?  Under 2 mins left and a 20 point lead???  That's what should REALLY be looked at.  U don't try and showboat against a team that's getting spanked at home and expect to not get some retaliation.  Old school rules apply here.  Melo as a so-called "superstar" should have tried to play peacemaker instead of trying to thug it up...which consequently led to him looking like a little pussy after his love-tap / girl-slap to dudes cheek and his sprint backwards to his bench.   :catfight:

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 02:26:42 AM »
I've seen harder fouls that didn't result in shit like this.  Why were all those starters on the floor for Denver in the first place?  Under 2 mins left and a 20 point lead???  That's what should REALLY be looked at.  U don't try and showboat against a team that's getting spanked at home and expect to not get some retaliation.  Old school rules apply here.  Melo as a so-called "superstar" should have tried to play peacemaker instead of trying to thug it up...which consequently led to him looking like a little pussy after his love-tap / girl-slap to dudes cheek and his sprint backwards to his bench.   :catfight:

You got two points here, man. About Melo acting immature and about the Nuggets playing with too many starters like the game was still interesting. But that doesn't justify the fight. It just frustrated Knicks players to the point they lost control (the foul is a clear foul of frustation, so is the reaction of Nate). But yeah, Denver should have let the bench players finish the game without embarassing them. And if Melo was on the floor just to get more points... that's not right. I know Kobe did it vs Toronto, but Lakers were loosing that game, teammates were playing horrible and he had to stay on the court to score and to win the game himself. Plus he already was benched against the Mavs, and he was going for history, which wasn't the case of Melo's game. I love Melo tho, don't get me wrong. But i didn't like those two things, that's all.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 02:32:39 AM by Antonio »

reguLAtor

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 02:35:13 AM »
Yea.. I'm starting to like Melo a bit more than I used to.... but he hurt his all-star chances with this shit.  George Karl kept his starters in..and now he's gonna pay for it with some suspensions.   Dumb move.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 02:37:36 AM »
This wont affect Melo being an all star, he will be suspended obviousley but he will also play in the all star game this year.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 02:45:37 AM »
I wish Isiah woulda got punched.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 03:51:30 AM »
I don't see why you call Melo a bitch, he hit somebody and then didnt need 5 niggas jumpin on him, quite understandable, it's called hit and run that's just how shit goes. But I guess everybody in here is so hard that he takes a broken nose or jaw, destroyed theeth and stuff like that with pleasure.

Nate simply thought nobody would seriously hurt him anyway because he's a short dude, don't see what's so cool about that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 09:08:02 AM »
I don't see why you call Melo a bitch, he hit somebody and then didnt need 5 niggas jumpin on him, quite understandable, it's called hit and run that's just how shit goes. But I guess everybody in here is so hard that he takes a broken nose or jaw, destroyed theeth and stuff like that with pleasure.

Nate simply thought nobody would seriously hurt him anyway because he's a short dude, don't see what's so cool about that.

if you hit someone, stick around and let them confront you about it. if you cant take the consequences dont do it. also LOL at melo pointin at nuggets sayin 'ill see you after' when they were all walkin to their lockerrooms.