Author Topic: Did anyone just see the Knicks-Nuggets brawl that took place in MSG?!  (Read 634 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Did anyone just see the Knicks-Nuggets brawl that took place in MSG?!
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2006, 10:30:07 PM »
man i never got to see it!! Youtube doesnt work..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 10:08:42 AM »
So imposing dress codes don't make players behave? Who knew?

Personally I said he didn't act mature, which is a different thing. He was supposed to be the leader of his team, but he acted like a bitch with Camby who saved his nose by tackling Jeffries. He was supposed to act like a peacemaker, but he had his teammates defending him. Not really "gangsta", if you ask me.
Why does Melo have to be gangsta in the first place? He's a basketball player.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 11:18:28 AM »
So imposing dress codes don't make players behave? Who knew?

Personally I said he didn't act mature, which is a different thing. He was supposed to be the leader of his team, but he acted like a bitch with Camby who saved his nose by tackling Jeffries. He was supposed to act like a peacemaker, but he had his teammates defending him. Not really "gangsta", if you ask me.
Why does Melo have to be gangsta in the first place? He's a basketball player.

I never said he should have acted like a gangsta. I said the opposite: i said he should have acted like a peacemaker.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 11:21:31 AM »
Just saw the highlights. Nate Robinson is a bitch. The refs didn't even get a chance to break up the fight between Collins & Smith cuz he kept jumping in pushing J.R.

WTF?!  How is Nate Robinson a bitch wtf? he is the shortest player in the league and pretty much took down Jr Smith, ur trippin man Nate wasnt a bitch in that brawl.

I'm not calling him a bitch for what he did in the fight, I'm calling him a bitch for escalading the fight. I think the refs could've controlled the situation if it wasn't for him jumping in and trying to make it bigger than what it should'v been.

exactly. that fight was easily avoidable, except nate ran in, pushed smith, and pretty much instigated the entire situation. he's an even bigger fag than carmelo for that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2006, 11:47:45 AM »
Carmelo Anthony- 15 Games
JR Smith- 10 Games
Nate Robinson- 10 Games
Mardy Collins- 6 Games
Jarred Jeffries- 4 Games
Nene- 1 Game
Jerome James- 1 Game

Anthony suspended 15 games, no suspension for Isaiah Thomas

By BRIAN MAHONEY, AP Basketball Writer
December 18, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- NBA scoring leader Carmelo Anthony was suspended for 15 games Monday and six other players were penalized as commissioner David Stern came down hard on both teams after the Nuggets and Knicks brawled at Madison Square Garden.

Nate Robinson and J.R. Smith each got 10 games, and four other players also were suspended. Stern fined each organization $500,000. But there was no separate penalty for Knicks coach Isiah Thomas, who had warned Anthony not to go into the lane before the mayhem started Saturday night.

"The NBA and its players represent a game of extraordinary skill, athleticism and grace, and, for good or bad, set an example for the entire basketball world, on and off the court," Stern said in a statement.

Mardy Collins, whose hard foul on Smith sparked the fighting, was suspended six games and Knicks teammate Jared Jeffries will miss four. Also, the Knicks' Jerome James and Denver's Nene were both penalized one game for leaving the bench area during the chaos.

Ten players were ejected after the fight, which started with 1:15 left in Denver's 123-100 victory. It was the NBA's scariest scene since the brawl between Pacers players and Pistons fans in Detroit two years ago.

There was speculation Thomas would be penalized for his comments to Anthony. Stern acknowledged hearing about it, but said he relied only on "definitive information" when handing out punishments.

The punishments were announced before both teams were to play Monday night -- New York at home against Utah; Denver at home against Washington.

Stern, taking the unusual step of announcing his ruling in a conference call, said the fines to the organizations are meant to show he is serious about cleaning up the game.

"It's a more general message that I'm going to start holding our teams accountable," Stern said.

Collins prevented Smith from an easy basket by grabbing him by the neck and taking him to the floor. Smith rose and immediately started jawing with Collins, and Robinson jumped in to pull Smith away. Anthony shoved Robinson away, and Robinson and Smith then tumbled into the front row while fighting.

Just as things appeared to be calming down, Anthony threw a hard punch that floored Collins, and New York's Jared Jeffries sprinted from the baseline toward halfcourt in an effort to get at Anthony, but was tackled by a Denver player.

By the time security had finally contained Smith, they were nearly at the opposite end of the court from where the fighting started.

"I was very disappointed," Stern said. "Clearly, we're not getting through or players in certain circumstances just don't want to be restrained. I would suggest that those players will not have long careers in the NBA."

Stern also made it clear he was annoyed by comments from Thomas and the Knicks that the problems were caused by the Nuggets still having four starters on the floor late in a blowout. The commissioner said the only response is to say "nothing, or B, this is not something of which we can be proud or condone. That's not what we're about and that's not the example that we're setting."

In Denver, Nuggets coach George Karl was irate with Thomas, who said Monday that Karl put his players in danger by leaving them on the floor too long. Karl accused Thomas of a "premediated" act, underscoring his disgust with the New York coach with expletives.

"It was directed by Isiah," he said during a shootaround. "I think his actions after the game were despicable. He made a bad situation worse. I'll swear on my children's life that I never thought about running up the score. I wanted to get a big win on the road."

"My team has had trouble holding leads at the end of games," he added. "I didn't want the score to get under 10 points because if it would've gotten under 10 points it would've had a negative feeling on my team."

FUCK! And Carmelo's on my fantasy team too... :-\

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2006, 11:57:49 AM »
even nate's teammates agree that hes annoying

But to teammates and coaches he also can be the annoying little brother who talks too much and can't control his emotions. Larry Brown tried to get Robinson sent to the Developmental League last season, only to be rebuffed by management.

Before the Knicks' home opener last month, MSG Network recorded Robinson outside the locker room posing and dancing for the cameras. Teammates tried to stop him but Robinson continued dancing. Robinson also has earned a reputation as a bench jockey who trash-talks to players on the floor. He also has been criticized by teammates for, ironically enough, showboating.

Last year, Robinson was involved in two fights with teammates. He went after Jerome James with a broom during a practice and then had to be separated from fighting Malik Rose in the shower. The shower fight prompted a veteran teammate to give Robinson another nickname.

"That's just Nate," the Knick said. "He's a jerk."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/481123p-404884c.html

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2006, 12:02:24 PM »
^^LMAO

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2006, 04:08:55 PM »
Anyone got a link to the video?

It's been taken off youtube.
NO MORE WAR

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006, 04:13:31 PM »
Never mind, I got it.
NO MORE WAR

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2006, 02:19:05 PM »
I wish Isiah woulda got punched.
I still aint got over that Kiss that him an Magic did during the NBA Finals back in the day.

Im watching others shake hands and then the lip lock from these two. :-X :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2006, 10:54:54 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/np-gxPXQsYw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/np-gxPXQsYw</a>

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2006, 11:05:22 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/np-gxPXQsYw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/np-gxPXQsYw</a>

+1 thanks

The Best of 3 Worlds