Poll

The award for the worst single of 2006 should go to...

Fergie - London Bridge
4 (13.3%)
DJ Webstar feat. Young B - Chicken Noodle Soup
10 (33.3%)
Akon feat. Eminem - Smack That
5 (16.7%)
Yung Joc - I Know You See It
9 (30%)
Busta Rhymes - I Love My Bitch
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: December 28, 2006, 02:26:11 PM

Author Topic: Vote for the worst single of 2006  (Read 183 times)

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Vote for the worst single of 2006
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 07:57:18 AM »
Young Joc. Barely over Chicken Noodle Soup.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Elevz

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 09:01:28 AM »
Haven't heard the Chicken Noodle Soup nor the Young Joc song, and I guess I should be glad according to the reactions here. Voted Smack That myself... You just can't tell me Akon and Eminem were seriously trying at all when they recorded that.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 09:18:34 AM »
first, "smack that" shouldn't be on the list.  it's not a good song but at the same time, it's not in the same league of shittiness that the others are in.  While the rest of the four are awful, one stands out from the rest.  I was going to go to the Wizards/Sixers game in Philly, and I was going to go, but then I heard that "Chicken Noodle Soup" was going to be performed at halftime.  That song is so fucking bad it prevented me from going to a b-ball game (although I enjoyed Ed Snider confirming everything Billy King was denying about AI).  Not even that Yung Joc song is that terrible.

Another option on that list should have been the Jagged Edge remake of Jodeci's "Come and Talk to me" that was on DJ Clue's "The Professional 3".  I thought Jagged Edge was an ok group until hearing them try to remake this classic.  They are terrible compared to Jodeci, nowhere near their league.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 09:22:21 AM by Reality Check »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 12:43:53 PM »
first, "smack that" shouldn't be on the list.  it's not a good song but at the same time, it's not in the same league of shittiness that the others are in.  While the rest of the four are awful, one stands out from the rest.  I was going to go to the Wizards/Sixers game in Philly, and I was going to go, but then I heard that "Chicken Noodle Soup" was going to be performed at halftime.  That song is so fucking bad it prevented me from going to a b-ball game (although I enjoyed Ed Snider confirming everything Billy King was denying about AI).  Not even that Yung Joc song is that terrible.

Another option on that list should have been the Jagged Edge remake of Jodeci's "Come and Talk to me" that was on DJ Clue's "The Professional 3".  I thought Jagged Edge was an ok group until hearing them try to remake this classic.  They are terrible compared to Jodeci, nowhere near their league.
I took nominations in another thread. These were the most frequently listed songs.