Author Topic: ESPN: Who is better, Kobe or Wade?  (Read 1148 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: ESPN: Who is better, Kobe or Wade?
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2006, 12:01:00 AM »
^Another attempt at ruining a thread with your dickriding. :nawty:

lol all i said was oh gawd and rolled my eyes then gave MY opinion which had nothing to do wtih you. go run along now and fantasize about socking me in the chin now herschel

LOL@ herschel..why do you always call NIK that?

Actually it's not funny at all. Racist people are just ignorant ones. Don Jacob is just stupid for doing it, in my eyes. There are other ways to win an argument with Nik. For example by contraddicting him. If you're good do it. If you ain't don't come with this bullshit racist shit. It's childish and ignorant.

real talk..Cmon Jacob i know youre better then this... :grumpy:

for some reason whenever i hear HERSCHEL i think of Herschel Walker and how he was involved in the WORST TRADE OF ALL TIME! THe cowboys won three superbowls because of this trade...

Was Herschel Walker jewish?

i only do it because
a) i really don't know what his real name is
b) i've probably 'known' him and his antics seven fold  more than you guys have, i'm just tired of it
c) it's just funny to see him get so pissed off and worked up and have him repeat the same atrocities, (strategery  ;) )
d) i do it to entertain myself

herschel is one of my all time favorite players, but what are you talking about, that was one of the all time greatest trades ....for the cowboys 8) 6 draft picks was it? emmitt, k. smith (i think), maryland, woodson, all came from that  8)

i don't think he's jewish, i remember him, emmitt smith, dion sanders, and mc hammer were on some show on that christian channle TBN one time, talking about being saved or something. so either wasn't and just had the name or was and isn't anymore or is one of those jews for jesus jews

either way go cowboys

I meant for the Vikings it was the worst trade ever, Remeber i said that trade won the Boys 3 Superbowls!

oh i know, i was just being sarcastic and heavily bias 8)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2006, 12:20:27 AM »
lol judaism isn't a race it's a religion.

Shows how much you know... ::)

hebrews are a race. judaism is a religion. hebrews can be christian , muslum, or scientologists if they so choose, they cannnot choose their race. the jewish FAITH is something that a black dude could be, a scottish dude could be, a mexican dude could be and a especially a hebrew dude could be you can chooose to be a jeeew

Your lesson for the day...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish
Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים, Yehudim; Yiddish: ייִדן, Yidn) are followers of Judaism

an ethno religious  group descended from the ancient Israelites and from converts who joined their religion

JUDAISM IS CONSIDERED A RELIGION AS WELL AS A RACE. LOLLLL.

judaism is a race...ok

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism#Distinction_between_Jews_and_Judaism

Distinction between Jews and Judaism
According to Daniel Boyarin, the underlying distinction between religion and race is foreign to Judaism itself, and is one form of the dualism between spirit and flesh that has its origin in Platonic philosophy and that permeated Hellenistic Judaism.[3] Consequently, in his view, Judaism does not fit easily into conventional Western categories, such as religion, ethnicity, or culture. Boyarin suggests that this in part reflects the fact that most of Judaism's 4,000-year history predates the rise of Western culture and occurred outside the West. During this time, Jews have experienced slavery, anarchic and theocratic self-government, conquest, occupation, and exile; in the Diasporas they have been in contact with, and have been influenced by ancient Egyptian, Babylonian, Persian, and Hellenic cultures, as well as modern movements such as the Enlightenment (see Haskalah) and the rise of nationalism, which would bear fruit in the form of a Jewish state in the Levant. They also saw an elite convert to Judaism (the Khazars), only to disappear as the centers of power in the lands once occupied by that elite fell to the people of Rus and then the Mongols. Thus, Boyarin has argued that "Jewishness disrupts the very categories of identity, because it is not national, not genealogical, not religious, but all of these, in dialectical tension."[4]

http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm

Are Jews a Race?
In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race, at least for purposes of certain anti-discrimination laws. Their reasoning: at the time these laws were passed, people routinely spoke of the "Jewish race" or the "Italian race" as well as the "Negro race," so that is what the legislators intended to protect.

But many Jews were deeply offended by that decision, offended by any hint that Jews could be considered a race. The idea of Jews as a race brings to mind nightmarish visions of Nazi Germany, where Jews were declared to be not just a race, but an inferior race that had to be rounded up into ghettos and exterminated like vermin.

But setting aside the emotional issues, Jews are clearly not a race.

Race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to.

Common ancestry is not required to be a Jew. Many Jews worldwide share common ancestry, as shown by genetic research; however, you can be a Jew without sharing this common ancestry, for example, by converting. Thus, although I could never become black or Asian, blacks and Asians have become Jews (Sammy Davis Jr. and Connie Chung).

http://judaism.about.com/od/abcsofjudaism/a/beingjewish.htm

Being Jewish is not a race

Being Jewish is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry or biological distinction. People of many different races have become Jewish people over the years.

Being Jewish is not a nationality

Being Jewish is not a nationality because Jews have been dispersed throughout the world for almost two thousand years. People of many different nationalities are Jewish.

.SNEEKlocsta:.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2006, 01:14:55 AM »
kobe!the best in the nba right now.why is this even a question ???

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2006, 01:58:17 AM »

hebrews are a race. judaism is a religion. hebrews can be christian , muslum, or scientologists if they so choose, they cannnot choose their race. the jewish FAITH is something that a black dude could be, a scottish dude could be, a mexican dude could be and a especially a hebrew dude could be you can chooose to be a jeeew

Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים, Yehudim; Yiddish: ייִדן, Yidn) are followers of Judaism

an ethno religious  group descended from the ancient Israelites and from converts who joined their religion

judaism is a race...ok

According to Daniel Boyarin, the underlying distinction between religion and race is foreign to Judaism itself, and is one form of the dualism between spirit and flesh that has its origin in Platonic philosophy and that permeated Hellenistic Judaism.[3] Consequently, in his view, Judaism does not fit easily into conventional Western categories, such as religion, ethnicity, or culture. Boyarin suggests that this in part reflects the fact that most of Judaism's 4,000-year history predates the rise of Western culture and occurred outside the West. During this time, Jews have experienced slavery, anarchic and theocratic self-government, conquest, occupation, and exile; in the Diasporas they have been in contact with, and have been influenced by ancient Egyptian, Babylonian, Persian, and Hellenic cultures, as well as modern movements such as the Enlightenment (see Haskalah) and the rise of nationalism, which would bear fruit in the form of a Jewish state in the Levant. They also saw an elite convert to Judaism (the Khazars), only to disappear as the centers of power in the lands once occupied by that elite fell to the people of Rus and then the Mongols. Thus, Boyarin has argued that "Jewishness disrupts the very categories of identity, because it is not national, not genealogical, not religious, but all of these, in dialectical tension."[4]

Are Jews a Race?
In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race, at least for purposes of certain anti-discrimination laws. Their reasoning: at the time these laws were passed, people routinely spoke of the "Jewish race" or the "Italian race" as well as the "Negro race," so that is what the legislators intended to protect.

But many Jews were deeply offended by that decision, offended by any hint that Jews could be considered a race. The idea of Jews as a race brings to mind nightmarish visions of Nazi Germany, where Jews were declared to be not just a race, but an inferior race that had to be rounded up into ghettos and exterminated like vermin.

Race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to.

Common ancestry is not required to be a Jew. Many Jews worldwide share common ancestry, as shown by genetic research; however, you can be a Jew without sharing this common ancestry, for example, by converting. Thus, although I could never become black or Asian, blacks and Asians have become Jews (Sammy Davis Jr. and Connie Chung).

Being Jewish is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry or biological distinction. People of many different races have become Jewish people over the years.

Being Jewish is not a nationality because Jews have been dispersed throughout the world for almost two thousand years. People of many different nationalities are Jewish.

Okay, you stupid fuck, you're gunna sit here and try to tell me shit about Judaism? LMAO..According to the faith, being Jewish is a race as well as a religion. If the mom is Jewish, the son is Jewish by blood, no matter what...

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2006, 02:16:17 AM »

judaism is a race...ok

Are Jews a Race?

Okay, you stupid fuck, you're gunna sit here and try to tell me shit about Judaism? LMAO..According to the faith, being Jewish is a race as well as a religion. If the mom is Jewish, the son is Jewish by blood, no matter what...

according to who?  Hitler?  ;D
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2006, 03:36:53 AM »

judaism is a race...ok

Are Jews a Race?

that would be true if there was really such thing as 'jewish blood'  ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2006, 10:31:09 AM »
^^LMAO. What an ignorant dumbfuck. :grumpy:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2006, 10:33:35 AM »
Jewish identity is passed on via the mother. If the mother is Jewish, the child is 100% Jewish. This is true regardless of who the father is, and whether he is Jewish or not, and regardless of whether the Jewish mother practiced another religion. That is the unwavering rule. At the same time, if someone's father is Jewish (but not the mother), then the child is 100% NOT Jewish.

Jewish identity passed on through the mother has been universally accepted by Jews for 3,000 years, and was decided by God, as recorded in the Five Books of Moses in Deut. 7:3-4. The Talmud (Kiddushin 68b) explains how this law is evident from those passages. According to Jewish law, this will remain the person's status forever. There is no way one can lose his status as a Jew even if he thinks he has gone so far as to convert to another religion!

Therefore, if your mother's mother's mother was Jewish, then you would also be considered Jewish. However, because of the complexity of your situation, you will need to bring proof that your mother's mother's mother (or her daughter, granddaughter etc.) was Jewish. Proof may include birth certificates, gravestones, etc. Assuming this is too far back for you to go, then your status remains as a non- Jew.

With blessings from Jerusalem,

Rabbi Shraga Simmons

http://judaism.about.com/library/3_askrabbi_o/bl_s

Stupid fuck...WHYYY must people like you bring life into this world?

Sparegeez

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2006, 10:39:01 AM »
It's funny how every topic started by NIK turns into a "he's a jew" topic.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2006, 10:40:09 AM »
^It's because everyone has to always mention that like some fucking skinhead Nazi who lives in Nebraska...In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race. So it's not even just a Jewish belief, it's something that has been known throughout the world...Jake just likes to argue facts, cuz he's a complete moron.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2006, 10:59:11 AM »

judaism is a race...ok

Are Jews a Race?

really? Cuz i SWEAR TO GOD that i have a rteally close freind and his mom is jewish she does hanukah and everything, but his dad's not jewish and hes not  ???

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2006, 11:06:13 AM »

judaism is a race...ok

Are Jews a Race?

really? Cuz i SWEAR TO GOD that i have a rteally close freind and his mom is jewish she does hanukah and everything, but his dad's not jewish and hes not  ???

According to the Jewish faith, he's Jewish...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2006, 11:15:25 AM »

judaism is a race...ok

Are Jews a Race?

According to the Jewish faith, he's Jewish...PeACe

damn
well this his mom just must not be practicing the faith completly then... :nawty:

The Best of 3 Worlds

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2006, 01:47:27 PM »
Jewish identity is passed on via the mother. If the mother is Jewish, the child is 100% Jewish. This is true regardless of who the father is, and whether he is Jewish or not, and regardless of whether the Jewish mother practiced another religion. That is the unwavering rule. At the same time, if someone's father is Jewish (but not the mother), then the child is 100% NOT Jewish.

Jewish identity passed on through the mother has been universally accepted by Jews for 3,000 years, and was decided by God, as recorded in the Five Books of Moses in Deut. 7:3-4. The Talmud (Kiddushin 68b) explains how this law is evident from those passages. According to Jewish law, this will remain the person's status forever. There is no way one can lose his status as a Jew even if he thinks he has gone so far as to convert to another religion!

Therefore, if your mother's mother's mother was Jewish, then you would also be considered Jewish. However, because of the complexity of your situation, you will need to bring proof that your mother's mother's mother (or her daughter, granddaughter etc.) was Jewish. Proof may include birth certificates, gravestones, etc. Assuming this is too far back for you to go, then your status remains as a non- Jew.

With blessings from Jerusalem,

Rabbi Shraga Simmons

http://judaism.about.com/library/3_askrabbi_o/bl_s

Stupid fuck...WHYYY must people like you bring life into this world?

scientifically there is no such thing as jewish blood

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2006, 01:53:21 PM »
^It's because everyone has to always mention that like some fucking skinhead Nazi who lives in Nebraska...In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race. So it's not even just a Jewish belief, it's something that has been known throughout the world...Jake just likes to argue facts, cuz he's a complete moron.

because

Are Jews a Race?

so they are not saying that it scientifically is a race. they're saying for purposes of CERTAIN (not all) anit-discrimination laws. man made laws like the ones of the supreme court and of jewish rabbais DO NOT override the laws of God/mother nature....