Author Topic: Iverson is a Denver Nugget  (Read 533 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Iverson is a Denver Nugget
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 03:09:28 PM »
^^Payton was very ball-dominant and loved to score along with his tremendous passing abilities...I think it all has to do with whether Iverson is willing to take on that role and mentality, cuz we all know he's physically capable of it...PeACe

exactly.

payton matured with kemp and was more willing to share the rock with him, afterall it's not like they were both averaging over 30 points like melo and iverson are, 20 and 20  is alot different then 30 and 30. also gary payton was a little more balanced with his passing/shooting mentallity in his career iverson has always been more lopsided in that aproach, sure iverson can average 8-9 assists in denver but it's the itch to score that's going to be the problem in denver....plus you got jr rider maaaaaaaaaan. denver needs someone to step up and be a strong distributor

LOL@JR Rider...But yea, 30 nowadays is almost like 20 back then. It CAN work, but I doubt it will...PeACe

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 03:22:04 PM »
im happy with it, the 3 first round picks are mos def sick. miller is cool and smith will be gone next summer. i thought that it would be denver who gets them...as far as nuggets go, i dont know. i hope that they suck all of a sudden and dont make the playoffs, not too likely but it would surely help us. i think that the trade was an overall good one, now we can start building a solid young team. now, im not gunna say that im rooting for the my team to lose, but i will say im rooting for them to have the most balls come lottery time, lol....o yeah, where did the nuggets get that second draft pick from anyway?
- kemp>mj

everlast1986

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »
Damn, the Sixers got a better deal out of this than i thought they would but Nuggets got a great deal too i think Karl will be a great coach to AI. The Nuggets aren't the team i hoped would get him but this will work out ok.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 03:56:16 PM »
Not the trade I was lookin for my boy AI but he finally has some talent playin beside him after playin with all those sorry ass Sixer teams

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 05:59:08 PM »
^^Payton was very ball-dominant and loved to score along with his tremendous passing abilities...I think it all has to do with whether Iverson is willing to take on that role and mentality, cuz we all know he's physically capable of it...PeACe

exactly.

payton matured with kemp and was more willing to share the rock with him, afterall it's not like they were both averaging over 30 points like melo and iverson are, 20 and 20  is alot different then 30 and 30. also gary payton was a little more balanced with his passing/shooting mentallity in his career iverson has always been more lopsided in that aproach, sure iverson can average 8-9 assists in denver but it's the itch to score that's going to be the problem in denver....plus you got jr rider maaaaaaaaaan. denver needs someone to step up and be a strong distributor

LOL@JR Rider

smith*

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

wcsoldier

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 12:01:03 AM »
Iverson and Melo on the same team ? only one ball to 2 prolific scorers, too much pbs to handle on and off the court and a bad coach ... I don't see this working 

d-nice

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 01:53:10 PM »
I am going to have to get one of those.

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 06:05:39 PM »
:o

yuck, hard to look at an iverson jersey that aint philly...
- kemp>mj

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 06:12:39 PM »
JR Smith could be a beast, and it seemed like he was gonna mesh with Carmelo...but I think Iverson will take his shine away for a while, at least til Iverson gets a bit older and slows his shooting down.

This is a team that could easily be great and terrible....and it could show in back to back games. They're gonna have games where we see 30-30-20 or even 40-20-20 from Iverson, Melo, and J.R.....then it'll be games where they get blown out.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »
Espn has been talkin bout how Karl was pissed at Isaih(callin him an asshole and whatnot) because the way Isaih treated Larry Brown....Now how is he gonna react now that Denver landed Iverson?,the dude that ran Brown outta philly...my guess is 20+ points a night wil make him forget....

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 02:11:23 PM »
I can't wait for tomorrow nights game

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 11:58:07 PM »
22 Points, 2 Rebounds, 10 Assist. Pretty good...too bad they lost  :(

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

swangin and bangin

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 12:10:03 AM »
he just wants a ring, hes got a good chance of gettin one

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 10:46:54 AM »
22 Points, 2 Rebounds, 10 Assist. Pretty good...too bad they lost  :(

John Salmons (never played in Philly due to Iverson) Had a triple Double and ruined AI's first game in Denver! Kings Win!

The Best of 3 Worlds