Author Topic: The official HEAT vs LAKERS xmas game tread  (Read 976 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The official HEAT vs LAKERS xmas game tread
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 05:04:55 PM »
Yeah. I used the wrong word. We can already contend for the title (i mean Kobe and Phil in the PO is alone enought to consider the team contender and the worse team possible to face), but we miss that damn step, that's what i'm saying. A step to be the type of team we used to be, a team everyone was scared to face. A Rasheed Wallace type of step. It could be a trade, it could be a player stepping his game up, it could be a natural maturation of our youth playerS. But i see the light out of the tunnell.

I think the step is experience...

Yeah. It's just a matter of time. I'm not Tex (Winter), i'm not Phil, i'm not Mitch. And i don't watch all the games like you do. So i don't know if we have to wait a pair of years or if we're already in a situation where we can really contend and try to win the title for real. I don't know if it's better to wait for those players to get experience or if we should make a Rasheed type of move to try to win the title this year. But i'm not worried at all. The team is very very young, skilled, with a deep bench, with a great offensive flow. We gotta play better d, and we miss Odom. But i think this year we're a good team.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2006, 05:06:07 PM »
Yeah. I used the wrong word. We can already contend for the title (i mean Kobe and Phil in the PO is alone enought to consider the team contender and the worse team possible to face), but we miss that damn step, that's what i'm saying. A step to be the type of team we used to be, a team everyone was scared to face. A Rasheed Wallace type of step. It could be a trade, it could be a player stepping his game up, it could be a natural maturation of our youth playerS. But i see the light out of the tunnell.

I think the step is experience...

Yeah. It's just a matter of time. I'm not Tex (Winter), i'm not Phil, i'm not Mitch. And i don't watch all the games like you do. So i don't know if we have to wait a pair of years or if we're already in a situation where we can really contend and try to win the title for real. I don't know if it's better to wait for those players to get experience or if we should make a Rasheed type of move to try to win the title this year. But i'm not worried at all. The team is very very young, skilled, with a deep bench, with a great offensive flow. We gotta play better d, and we miss Odom. But i think this year we're a good team.
with Kobe Bryant playing you ALWAYS have a chance...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »
I know i know.. ;)

Anyway wassup with Dorell Wright? That's the second time i've seen him this year, and he's impressing me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 05:20:08 PM »
Well, look at it this way, we're 4-4 without one of our difference-makers and best players (Lamar Odom)...Most analysts said we were a .500 team this summer at full-strength...Even when we suck we're proving 'em wrong!...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2006, 06:16:31 PM »
Well, look at it this way, we're 4-4 without one of our difference-makers and best players (Lamar Odom)...Most analysts said we were a .500 team this summer at full-strength...Even when we suck we're proving 'em wrong!...PeACe

A .500 team? LOL. C'mon, who's the moron who predicted it? We finished with a .549 record the last season, with the last two months playing very well. We didn't touch that team, and we added Farmar and Radmanovic. How can we have a worse year? I think we have a team capable of going into the Western Conference Semi's for sure. And once you reach them.........

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 06:34:57 PM »

A .500 team? LOL. C'mon, who's the moron who predicted it? We finished with a .549 record the last season, with the last two months playing very well. We didn't touch that team, and we added Farmar and Radmanovic. How can we have a worse year? I think we have a team capable of going into the Western Conference Semi's for sure. And once you reach them.........

I know, that was my reaction too, I couldn't understand how they would make the same mistake TWICE! But if you paid attention, most analysts had us missing the playoffs again this year before the season started, claiming we made no improvements etc. etc. That's why I think winning the championship this year (which I believe there's a chance, seeing how we played at full strength vs. San Antonio) will be the sweetest ever...I don't think we need to make any moves, just improve on our weaknesses through chemistry and experience, because we're pretty much unstoppable when we get it together...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 06:48:37 PM »

I know, that was my reaction too, I couldn't understand how they would make the same mistake TWICE! But if you paid attention, most analysts had us missing the playoffs again this year before the season started, claiming we made no improvements etc. etc. That's why I think winning the championship this year (which I believe there's a chance, seeing how we played at full strength vs. San Antonio) will be the sweetest ever...I don't think we need to make any moves, just improve on our weaknesses through chemistry and experience, because we're pretty much unstoppable when we get it together...PeACe

unstoppable? Thats pretty bold. I still think at there best theyd have trouble with Dallas, S.A. and even PHX

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 07:01:17 PM »
LOL. We'll see. We've already beat Phoenix (without Kobe) and San Antonio this year, and were neck-and-neck in the game vs. Dallas, so lets wait before we count out a team that was pretty much at the top of the league before the Odom injury...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2006, 07:46:49 PM »
Well, look at it this way, we're 4-4 without one of our difference-makers and best players (Lamar Odom)...

You'll be happy to know that Odom's injury has changed my mind big time. After seeing us struggle to win without him I see just how valuable he is to the triangle.

Odom > Artest, Marion, AK47 (although I still think he's the better all around player when 100% healthy)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2006, 07:59:43 PM »
LOL. We'll see. We've already beat Phoenix (without Kobe) and San Antonio this year, and were neck-and-neck in the game vs. Dallas, so lets wait before we count out a team that was pretty much at the top of the league before the Odom injury...

I never counted them out, and i already said i never would. I was just giving my opinion..And IMO before the Odom Injury the Lakers were a top 5 team no question..

The Best of 3 Worlds

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2006, 12:06:39 AM »
Fuck All Lakers Haters (Real Talk Bitch) :-*

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2006, 02:15:29 AM »
I gotta give Wade some credit though. Judging from this pic of his wife, he spent his money wisely  ;D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2006, 02:53:52 AM »
Phil Jackson's comment on Wade

"He travels on that spin move," Jackson said. "He picks up that pivot foot ... everybody knows it. Dwyane Wade can cover so much ground when he makes that move. As you know, he can go 20 feet with that spin move and get to the basket."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep26dec26,1,2284493.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2006, 10:08:49 AM »
I gotta give Wade some credit though. Judging from this pic of his wife, he spent his money wisely  ;D

I dont think his wife is that hot..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2006, 10:22:08 AM »
Wade got a kid when he was 20.
His mother was been in jail several times, for a long time (crack seller/addicted).
His father left the family alone.
He really struggled.
His wife is very important for him, it's not like he chosed a role model being on top of the world and he married her.
So i gotta respect Wade and his wife.
It's a real family there.