Author Topic: Bulletproof Wallets  (Read 374 times)

cremedelaclem

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Mike T.V..... aka OsKa sWiNdLa      .............. .."Lifes a bitch and then you die"...
Re: Bulletproof Wallets
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2001, 05:19:49 AM »
you know ima buy this because ghost has never let me down before...ironman and supreme clientele were nuts and im kinda feelin that single with carl thomas...sure it doesnt have much of a wu feel and usually i hate that but the concept is deep and hes keeping it real with his words...i seriouslly doubt that ghost has EVER dropped a weak verse.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"and even after all my logic and my theory.............ill add a motherfucker so you ignorant niggas hear me"

HNIC

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2001, 08:20:35 AM »
ghost is on of the few artists i would spent my money on. with ghost you are guaranteed to expect QUALITY.

'it'll never be the same again' is hot. bigjakedoggydogg needs to pass me some of his chronic and take those ear plugs out. how can u diss this track and then stick up for shit like snoops 'snoop dogg' single.

Murrow

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2001, 08:34:21 AM »
I agree Ghostface sold out with the first single...but I like it.  Lol, the beat and hook are tight.  I still won't buy the album...I don't like Wu anymore.

HNIC

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2001, 08:48:38 AM »
'TURN ON THA RADIO, ALL U HEAR IS X AND JIGGA, HA HA U VEXED NICCA, NO AIRPLAY - i bet my gat spray'

it's all bout ghost in november

Scribe

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2001, 09:24:24 AM »
I'll more than likely pick this up, Ironman & CL were dope, hopefully this will be too.
"Without The Elements It's All Irrelevent" Jurassic 5

"This world better acknowledge me I'm over ambitious
Do almost anything to rob a genie for his wishes." 57th Dynasty

"We didn't give a toss about money, fame or stardom
Just about the culture, the music, slang and jargon." Blak Twang

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude" Public Enemy

"If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Of My Face" Zach De La Rocha

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2001, 11:50:25 AM »
this is def better than SC... i wasnt feelin SC At all and i love this album

if this had goodtimes, the watch, and the sun on it shit would be amazing for real.... unfortunately it most likely wont but damn this shit is good even wth out those songs... if they was on here this album would be the siht

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2001, 04:03:04 PM »
I'm copping this joint. It should be hot..........after hearing flowers I have been really hyped. I think this might be the best album of the winter for real......Ghost has been the most consistent from the wu and still droppin heat. This joint comes out on the 20th right?
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

Sub-Z

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2001, 04:23:10 PM »
ima get this cd when i get tha money

eNgIeS

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2001, 06:24:23 PM »
I just got it & listened to it. Its a great cd, its not as grimey as the other Wu cds but its good.

Listen up, I read an interview with Ghost from recently & he said that originally they were going to do a typical underground Wu cd for this one but Loud made them put that on the back burner & make a more radio friendly cd. & seeing as loud made him do that he did a good job in not selling out. He used alot of soul, r-n-b music & didn't resort to having to hook up with some technotronix rnb producer like Timbaland. The album topics are good real topics about the hardships of relationships & life in general, none of this senseless subject matter that alot of the RNB artists use today where they seem to think of a million different ways to say the same old "I love you so much, you mean the world to me...."

This album is top notch & so far every single Ghostface cd out is IMO 4.5 mics (& everyone knows i'm a bit tight on my ratings unlike the source who seem to give out mics like they were jellybean's). This album is no exception. Iron Man, Supreme Clientele & Bulletproof Wallets are albums well worth buying.

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2001, 07:16:50 PM »
This album is top notch & so far every single Ghostface cd out is IMO 4.5 mics (& everyone knows i'm a bit tight on my ratings unlike the source who seem to give out mics like they were jellybean's). This album is no exception. Iron Man, Supreme Clientele & Bulletproof Wallets are albums well worth buying>>

Excellent point about the Source who "give out mics like they were jellybeans).  Real cute expression.  Yah--Anyways-that statement is rediculous because the Source has only given away one 5 mic rating in something like 5 years.  So one perfect rating in 5 years?  Jellybeans are overflowin---

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2001, 08:11:24 PM »
I have to agree with SugeFight here, the Source does NOT, I repeat, NOT give out alot of mics. They are, in fact, very poor when it comes to recognizing classic material. I mean, they gave The Chronic, Me Against The World, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, E.1999 Eternal, and ATLiens less than 5 mics. There is NO excuse for that, all of those albums are easily classic material........
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

eNgIeS

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2001, 06:01:35 AM »

I have to agree with SugeFight here, the Source does NOT, I repeat, NOT give out alot of mics. They are, in fact, very poor when it comes to recognizing classic material. I mean, they gave The Chronic, Me Against The World, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, E.1999 Eternal, and ATLiens less than 5 mics. There is NO excuse for that, all of those albums are easily classic material........

You guys dont get it. I read The Source every now & then & you notice that every fuckin album gets 4 mics these days. 4 mics, they give them out way to easy. & also they tend to give more mics to people who have the recognition, the money & the popularity.

Example would be Jay-Z's The Blueprint. Its a good cd & I do believe it should have got 4 mics or 4.5 mics, but 5 was going overboard. I'm telling you the only reason it was given 5 mics was because Jay Z is in there eyes God of rap & can't do no wrong. If Jay Z's name wasnt as big, he was barely heard of, didnt have past hits, but still dropped the EXACT same album, The Source would have gave it less, like maybe a 4 mic if he was lucky

Source are known for handing out 4 mics to every fuckin album that is done by a popular hip hop name. Eastsiders 2nd cd got 4 mics. 4 MICS. Sure, it was a DECENT album, but it only deserved 3 mics, 3.5 mics max.

You know why Dr.Dre's "THE CHORNIC" didnt get 5 mics, because at the time Dre's name was in the mud. He was broke (dre admits all these things BTW), his reputation & popularity went thru the mud as N.W.A. broke up & seeing as they were already banned from radio & TV people wouldnt have been familar with everyone in the group, probably just knew the name of the group Dre was in, Dre signed to new unheard of record label which would later be known as Tha Row.

If Dre was the Kind of the rap media in 1992 & 1999 his cd's would have been given 5 mics, instead, he got stingy unfair rating from The Source & as soon as it started selling & getting popular the Source jumped on its dick

The Source aint nuthin but groupies & like Ice Cube said in "True To The Game";

"On MTV but they don't care
They'll have a new nigga next year"

Thats why I hate The Source, it was once a good magazine, like 8 years ago. I only buy it if it has an article on one of my favs, which might happen once or twice a year.