Author Topic: Upcoming transfers  (Read 1126 times)

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Upcoming transfers
« on: December 28, 2006, 10:37:31 AM »
Casano is probably going to Ac Milan, dont know if thats good thing for Milan. Hes a great player but has a fuckedup personality.

And Mascherano is probably going to Juventus. Great buy for Juventus.

Chelsea is tryin to get Upson. Dont really know him.

And AC Milan just bought Leandro Grimi. A promising left back from Argentina.

I got this from a dutch website so i cant post the links.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 11:10:24 AM by Punani Killer »

"THE" MoSav

Re: Upcoming transfersI
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 11:03:14 AM »
Casano is probably going to Ac Milan, dont know if thats good thing for Milan. Hes a great player but has a fuckedup personality.

I never knew soccer used TRANSFER instead of trade...thats interesting

The Best of 3 Worlds

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Upcoming transfersI
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:09:52 AM »

I never knew soccer used TRANSFER instead of trade...thats interesting

How do you mean that?

"THE" MoSav

Re: Upcoming transfers
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 11:13:18 AM »
I mean i never knew it meant that, and i meant interesting in the way that "you learn something new Everyday"
So trannsfers are like Free Agents then?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 11:55:21 AM »
I mean i never knew it meant that, and i meant interesting in the way that "you learn something new Everyday"

lol i meant what are trades? And what are free agents?

Is that like just trading one player for another without paying anything to the club he plays for.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 12:09:37 PM »

It's a bit different, also I think it's much more complex than the FA Market and trading in the MLB.  Read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_transfer

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 12:17:47 PM »

Is that like just trading one player for another without paying anything to the club he plays for.

A Free Agent is a player that has reached the end of their contract and that player is at liberty to sign with whatever team is the best choice, which of course is usually the team with the highest offer. In MLB, a player has to spend 6 years under contract with the team and he can't become a free agent until he has completed his service.  I believe by the third yeard of service though, they can start earning much more money than the minimum through arbitration (basically they either settle with the team or have a mediator i guess determine their value).  A trade is pretty much exchanging players. Sometimes teams have to eat up some of the player's contract to trade them.  For example right now, the Yankees are trying to trade Randy Johnson...but they have stated that they will not pay any of the remaining contract (16 million/1year).  The Diamondbacks are rumored to be interested, since they have to take on all of the 16million dollars to acquire him they probably don't have to give up quality young players to get him.  But, if the Yankees were to pay let's say 10 million of it, then the Diamondbacks would have to give up talent. 

Intriago33

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 12:25:11 PM »
Chelsea in for Upson seems an unlikely deal, I think the rumour has blown up due to the uncertainty surrounding Terry's back problems. Without him they are very frail right now, so it only seems natural that these rumours will appear.

The main transfer I expect is to see SWP to move from Chelsea on-loan, my guess would be to Portsmouth, with Manchester City his second option.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 12:30:17 PM »

A Free Agent is a player that has reached the end of their contract and that player is at liberty to sign with whatever team is the best choice, which of course is usually the team with the highest offer. In MLB, a player has to spend 6 years under contract with the team and he can't become a free agent until he has completed his service.  I believe by the third yeard of service though, they can start earning much more money than the minimum through arbitration (basically they either settle with the team or have a mediator i guess determine their value).  A trade is pretty much exchanging players. Sometimes teams have to eat up some of the player's contract to trade them.  For example right now, the Yankees are trying to trade Randy Johnson...but they have stated that they will not pay any of the remaining contract (16 million/1year).  The Diamondbacks are rumored to be interested, since they have to take on all of the 16million dollars to acquire him they probably don't have to give up quality young players to get him.  But, if the Yankees were to pay let's say 10 million of it, then the Diamondbacks would have to give up talent. 

So its more about contracts. You dont have any clubs playing a fee for a player besides his contract.

With football its different. A players signs a contract for lets say 5 years. After 5 years if he dont renew his contract he can go to another club for free. But that usually dont happen, cuz if a player doesnt want to renew his contract the club sells him. But if a club wants to buy the player and he still has a 2 year contract then they have to pay a fee to the other club. Thats why you got a these crazy transfers nowadays. For instance last summer Chelsea tried to buy Adriano for 100 milion euro! And thats without his contract, so that money goes straight to the other club.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 12:32:13 PM »
Chelsea in for Upson seems an unlikely deal, I think the rumour has blown up due to the uncertainty surrounding Terry's back problems. Without him they are very frail right now, so it only seems natural that these rumours will appear.

The main transfer I expect is to see SWP to move from Chelsea on-loan, my guess would be to Portsmouth, with Manchester City his second option.

ok maybe this is a dumb question but, who is SWP?

Intriago33

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 12:35:18 PM »

Shawn Wright-Phillips.

In the EPL, i'd expect some activity around Charlton and West Ham too..

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »

Shawn Wright-Phillips.

Thats a shame he was a very promising player. Shouldnt never gon to Chelsea tho. Same with Kalou btw

Intriago33

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 01:10:49 PM »

Shawn Wright-Phillips.

Thats a shame he was a very promising player. Shouldnt never gon to Chelsea tho. Same with Kalou btw

Mentioning Kalou, two games ago vs Wigan he impressed me alot, for the first time he seemed confident and got past players and showed some of his talent. I don't understand these young players, they sign for big clubs and they know that they wont be playing week-in,week-out, yet they still do it, it does nothing but harm their development.

Personally, I would rather player for a lesser known club and player all the time.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 01:22:50 PM »

Shawn Wright-Phillips.

Mentioning Kalou, two games ago vs Wigan he impressed me alot, for the first time he seemed confident and got past players and showed some of his talent. I don't understand these young players, they sign for big clubs and they know that they wont be playing week-in,week-out, yet they still do it, it does nothing but harm their development.

Personally, I would rather player for a lesser known club and player all the time.

Well money makes all the difference in the world. But escpecially when youre young its important that you play every single week. So thats why i never understood why he left Feyenoord in the first place, and got to chelsea in the second place. I would rather play for Sevilla every week then sitting on the bench at Chelsea.

Intriago33

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 01:27:48 PM »

Shawn Wright-Phillips.

Well money makes all the difference in the world. But escpecially when youre young its important that you play every single week. So thats why i never understood why he left Feyenoord in the first place, and got to chelsea in the second place. I would rather play for Sevilla every week then sitting on the bench at Chelsea.

Yep, the same situation is in talk with the media over in England now, surrounding Micah Richards joining Chelsea, who also plays for Manchester City. This is going to be on helluva player for the future, but he should play another few seasons in Manchester before moving on, I don't even think he's turned 20 yet. Rumour has it Chelsea are interested in sending SWP back to City to get first option on Micah Richards.

Richards made his international debut vs Holland, .. I am sure you saw that.