Author Topic: Talib Kweli & Madlib - Liberation - New album!  (Read 724 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Talib Kweli & Madlib - Liberation - New album!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 04:03:53 PM »
damn none those those links are workin :(
just put "http://www.gimmemoremusic.com/uploads/Liberation_Talib Kweli.zip" in the adress.. or wait i'll make it even more easy for you

Right click, Save as

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
damn none those those links are workin :(
just put "http://www.gimmemoremusic.com/uploads/Liberation_Talib Kweli.zip" in the adress.. or wait i'll make it even more easy for you

Right click, Save as
props than you man! gonna check out

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 04:11:26 PM »

Throwback

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 04:28:26 PM »
prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrops

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 04:31:07 PM »
Downloaded it, going to listen to it tomorrow.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 08:38:25 PM »
Wow.  This is good listening.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

rik

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 08:39:12 PM »
Props man, bout to give it a listen.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 01:58:37 AM »
Yea I downloaded this a couple hours ago and I've given it 3 listens so far and this is a dope album.

Overall I thought it was a really good album. I'm not much of a fan of Kweli and his style of rap but the beats were dope and sounded like they all fit with each other.. which they should considering it's one producer through the whole album. I did like they lyrics because Kweli speaks on some good topics. He sometimes raps too fast for me to catch exactly what he's saying but I'm on my third listen right now. The only two tracks that I may skip are "Soul Music" & "What Can I do". Not because they are bad tracks just that like on Soul Music it's mostly singing and just not what I wanted to hear over and over again. Dope track though.

Tracks I liked:

Funny Money - Nice beat but mostly I like this because of the lyrics.

Engine Running - Love the beat which is banging. Love the story and the first verse which I believe is Consequence right? Also the chorus is catchy as fuck.. probably my favorite track on this album.

Over The Counter - Another banger here. Lyrics and topics are dope here.

The Function - Nice beat here and like the sound of the chorus. Nice track. I don't know much about Strong Arm Steady.. who are they?

Happy Home - Nice laid back beat and chorus here. Kweli talking about his family history I think.

Bear with me guys.. I suck at typing my reviews/opinions.

Elevz

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 06:32:19 AM »
Then let me be the first to say I'm not really convinced yet. The name of the album makes it look like it's more than it really is.

Nice album, but far from amazing to me. Not nearly as powerful as it could have been.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 10:19:28 AM »
Its pretty good, nothing amazing, but can't complain when its being offered for free. I'd rather they spent a proper amount of time doing a whole album professionally, but as a mixtape type effort this is good.

everlast1986

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 10:33:16 AM »
This is dope but its more of an EP than an album. The beats are on some old school underground sounding shit  8)  I would buy this if it was released in stores.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 03:27:37 AM »
I also consider this more of an EP, but it's dope.Madlib's production is new to me, but it's something different and I like it

Props for the heads up and the link.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 04:25:03 AM »
I also consider this more of an EP, but it's dope.
I agree..

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 04:03:24 AM »
"Viva la Liberation!

Happy New Year! Liberation is here! Shout out to my brother Mad Lib, for being so creative and inspirational, and for giving me a canvas to paint on. This project was inspired by his consistency, it was something I wanted to be a part of. In this era of over produced and over marketed product, Mad Lib leads the pack of independent artists who could care less about all of that. I am a part of the music industry, and lord knows I'm needed, but for our own sanity we must step outside the system and create that which is not packaged for mass consumption. This is also a gift to the fans who stick by me whether some corporation is currently promoting me or not. Now, I love all music, and my albums so far, including eardrum, reflect those influences. This album is a straight ahead, sample driven hiphop record, from two of the best doing it. Some fans will say this is the sound they want to hear from me all the time. If so, congratulations, you got your wish. However, do not use this to speculate what eardrum will sound like. It is a different project with different influences. As a matter of fact, be on the lookout for the video for More or Less, dropping this week as well. I will continue to push the envelope creatively in the spirit of my ancestors. RIP James Brown, Gerald Levert, J Dilla. Shout out to C Smyth, Eothen, Dave Dar, SMT studios, Tyson, Consequence, Elzhi, Res, Candice Anderson, Strong Arm Steady, Chace Infinite. Blacksmith the Movement in stores now.

The year of the Blacksmith has begun. Talib Kweli, BKMC"