Author Topic: Game Shut Me the Fuk Up  (Read 1326 times)

West Coast Veteran

Re: Game Shut Me the Fuk Up
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 12:34:45 PM »
DA > Doc

DA is a more cohesive album, Doc was all over the place with the sound. DA sounds all West Coast except for maybe "Wouldn't Get Far" and "Why You Hate The Game" but they still fit the feel of the album. The concept, although stannish, behind the album also gives DA a direction. Doc is a great album too though not taking anything away from it.

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »
DA > Doc

DA is a more cohesive album, Doc was all over the place with the sound. DA sounds all West Coast except for maybe "Wouldn't Get Far" and "Why You Hate The Game" but they still fit the feel of the album. The concept, although stannish, behind the album also gives DA a direction. Doc is a great album too though not taking anything away from it.

real talk. Bumpin DA right now. Bang is starting to sound better to me each time I play it.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 12:56:12 PM »
 The beats that daz/kurupt and snoop/xzibit rap on are mediocre as fuck. Bang would be cool if not for that whack break where the chords descend and the drums hit with each note....ugh....and CA Vacation's beat sounds corny as fuck. The verses are cool but it's corny chords (the funky worm sample is cool, but the chords the line goes over is shit). It would have been cool to hear snoop and kurupt or daz and xzibit on 'too much'', 'remedy' or 'let's ride' all much better beats than the wc vacation and bang.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 01:00:57 PM »
The beats that daz/kurupt and snoop/xzibit rap on are mediocre as fuck. Bang would be cool if not for that whack break where the chords descend and the drums hit with each note....ugh....and CA Vacation's beat sounds corny as fuck. The verses are cool but it's corny chords (the funky worm sample is cool, but the chords the line goes over is shit). It would have been cool to hear snoop and kurupt or daz and xzibit on 'too much'', 'remedy' or 'let's ride' all much better beats than the wc vacation and bang.

-T

Wow you did not like California Vacation? I don't think I have heard anyone say that before. I agree the beat is not that great but something about that song I like. Maybe it's because it's DPG & Game together on 1 track. Cali Vacation is dope as fuck to me, throwback to the glory days.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »
esactly it does feel like a throwback to the glory days. But I mean....through scott storch dre lives! Look at 'too much' and tell me he can't crank out that 70's funk all day! They need not but to buy a beat from scotty storch and CA vacation would have been a banger instead of xzibit soundin' old talkin' bout it's important to do some shit. I like the verses but the beat sounds like it's trying to make something epic out of somethin that could be funky. BUT I feel what you're sayin'.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 01:14:33 PM »
I hear ya. That shit sounds nice coming out of my 2 15 inch subwoofers in the Lac. Actually if I am in the Lac I can't hear you.  ;D  8)

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 04:49:06 PM »
truth. he improved miles on DA.

-T

haha yeah right ::). Maybe he proved something to you, but music wise, its just the same old predictible Game. DA, 3.5/5, the Doc 4/5. The thing I don't like about this album is, its a cookie cutter album. The producers send him the beats, the features send him the vocals, and then he puts vocals on top. I would've liked if Game, Xzibit and Snoop got together in a room with JR and wrote/produced a track. But its not like that. Theirs no music collaberation, I bet Game never even met face to face half the producers he put on the album.

you know this how?

and ya don't stop

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 04:56:48 PM »
DA was a solid album, a couple nice bangers.  i think he woulda sold more copies had he came out with it earlier, while he still had all the 50/game buzz goin on.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »
lol @ the ppl who support the west yet wont support game

not all there are some who have never liked him....fair enoigh....but i hate the ones that were all on his dick until he blew up & now they hate him coz his "commercial generic rapper" some ppl have a short memory

Off top I don't support no region, I support good music. Game doesn't make that. And I didn't say he was a "commercial generic rapper." He is generic as fuck, just not of the commercial mold. He's "Generic California Gangsta Rapper part 97,836,405,827" and that should be his rap name too. low rider, chuck taylors, gangbang gangbang sell crack, smoke weed, fuck bitches hit switches. Generic as fuck. He's like a store brand rapper.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 06:01:32 PM »
lol @ the ppl who support the west yet wont support game

not all there are some who have never liked him....fair enoigh....but i hate the ones that were all on his dick until he blew up & now they hate him coz his "commercial generic rapper" some ppl have a short memory

Off top I don't support no region, I support good music. Game doesn't make that. And I didn't say he was a "commercial generic rapper." He is generic as fuck, just not of the commercial mold. He's "Generic California Gangsta Rapper part 97,836,405,827" and that should be his rap name too. low rider, chuck taylors, gangbang gangbang sell crack, smoke weed, fuck bitches hit switches. Generic as fuck. He's like a store brand rapper.

this man speaks the undeniable truth. California Vacation would've been a great song, but Game was outshined 100 fold by Snoop and X. Game should've rewrote his verse for that, its one of the worst verses in history of rap music.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 06:04:43 PM »
game sucks. most generic rapper ever
Trying giving a better reason rudeboi/Turf Hitler >_>.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 08:36:35 PM »
this was one of the best albums.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »
is CA vacation the one where he says gimme head like it's 94? shit is pretty horrible if that's the one.

but as far as game being generic, you're looking at it too simply. Game is a completely new style of rap in disguise. It's meta-cognitive rap, rap that's aware of itself. it's a reflection of our reality tv society, this his first LP being the documentary. He doesn't rap about gangster shit, he raps about rapping about gangster shit. It's tribute rap. the content of his music is actually closer to the content of this message board rather than that of a snoop album.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2007, 07:21:35 PM »
is CA vacation the one where he says gimme head like it's 94? shit is pretty horrible if that's the one.

but as far as game being generic, you're looking at it too simply. Game is a completely new style of rap in disguise. It's meta-cognitive rap, rap that's aware of itself. it's a reflection of our reality tv society, this his first LP being the documentary. He doesn't rap about gangster shit, he raps about rapping about gangster shit. It's tribute rap. the content of his music is actually closer to the content of this message board rather than that of a snoop album.

-T

hahaha funniest thing I've read today. Yes his content is closer to the quality of a message board, and we all know how quality some of these discussions are   ::) For someone who claims to be all thugged out, I expect something better then rapping about rapping about being a thug.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2007, 09:50:12 AM »

I meant the content, not so much the quality.

as far as the quality goes, he is not the most naturally talented rapper but he does make effort to improve (which most naturally talented MC can't even claim anymore) and his songs are always banging and yes this is because of the producer mainly, but what does that mean to me, the consume? nothin'. I don't care who's responsible for the banging nature of the song, I just want my 17 bucks worth.

-T

westcoastavengers.com