Author Topic: Any updates on Kwame brown? (After 1/1/07)  (Read 125 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Any updates on Kwame brown? (After 1/1/07)
« on: January 02, 2007, 06:09:49 AM »
Kwame rolled his ankle yesterday during the Laker's sixer's Game..
anyone got any updates on him?

Cause I defo liked Bynum in there a whole lot more  :sshh:
Get well Kwame, take your time healing bro...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Any updates on Kwame brown? (After 1/1/07)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 06:30:37 AM »
Bynum betta stop acting like an hollywood superstar. His good first part of the season probably wasn't good for the mind of the young guy, who started to act Shaq-esque going late in trainings, not working on shooting, etc.. That's basically why Phil had to put him on the bench again. It's all up on him. If he stops acting like a moron he can get a starting spot from here to the end of the season, and he can actually develope into a superstar player, i'm sure of that. GO BYNUM!! But hey, he can do it even if Kwame is available. So i hope he recovers well and pretty quickly too. We already miss Mihm and we have Turiaf with problems. We don't need another big man down.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 06:54:15 AM »
Bynum betta stop acting like an hollywood superstar. His good first part of the season probably wasn't good for the mind of the young guy, who started to act Shaq-esque going late in trainings, not working on shooting, etc.. That's basically why Phil had to put him on the bench again. It's all up on him. If he stops acting like a moron he can get a starting spot from here to the end of the season, and he can actually develope into a superstar player, i'm sure of that. GO BYNUM!! But hey, he can do it even if Kwame is available. So i hope he recovers well and pretty quickly too. We already miss Mihm and we have Turiaf with problems. We don't need another big man down.

I agree..
The position is defo depleated right now.

Yeah man I agree with the Bynum point's you made aswell bro
Once he comes into his own, It's on from there.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 11:50:21 AM »
LOL@"take your time healing"...Apparently, you have no idea that Kwame has been a MAJOR part of our success this season...Now we're extremely thin in the front court. Hopefully this lights a fire under Bynum's ass, or else we're in trouble... and I know the fire is constantly lit under Turiaf, so we ain't gotta worry 'bout that one...But yea, Kwame is out for at least a month, if you ask me. They're not giving a timeable as of now, but based on the sprain, I'd say a month would actually be good...He's only getting re-evaluated in 2 weeks. :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
Tests show Brown has severe sprain
Staff, news-service reports

Diagnostic tests done Monday on Lakers center Kwame Brown's left ankle showed no fracture and confirmed he has a severe sprain. Lakers spokesman John Black said the club has no timetable for Brown's return, but he won't be re-evaluated by team doctors for about two weeks.

Severe ankle sprains usually require at least a month of recovery time. Brown landed on the foot of Philadelphia's Andre Miller in the third quarter of the Lakers' victory Sunday night.

Ronny Turiaf, Andrew Bynum and Brian Cook are expected to pick up additional playing time in Brown's absence. The Lakers are already without center Chris Mihm this season because of ankle surgery.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 12:03:02 PM »
Bynum betta stop acting like an hollywood superstar. His good first part of the season probably wasn't good for the mind of the young guy, who started to act Shaq-esque going late in trainings, not working on shooting, etc..

Please never compare Byum's ethics with Shaq's VVV

Lakers' Bynum says he's ready to step in for injured center Brown

By Steve Springer, Times Staff Writer
January 2, 2007

With Lakers center Kwame Brown out indefinitely because of a sprained left ankle, should Coach Phil Jackson start 19-year-old Andrew Bynum or 23-year-old Ronny Turiaf, both second-year players?

Bynum wouldn't be so bold as to tell his coach what to do. But he wasn't hesitant Sunday night in declaring what the starting job would do for him.

It would, he said, make him more effective.

"My play was at a higher level at the start of the season when I was starting," Bynum said. "Not starting affects your rhythm. It's tough coming off the bench. Sometimes when you come off the bench, you haven't played for like an hour. When you start, you get those extra minutes."

The numbers bear out Bynum.

He started the Lakers' first 14 games, averaging 8.5 points and 6.3 rebounds. Coming off the bench for the last 17 games, he has averaged 6.1 points and 4.2 rebounds.

"I'm definitely up to the challenge," said Bynum of replacing Brown. "I can start in the NBA, and I can play big minutes."

Jackson doesn't seem to share Bynum's confidence.

"I'm not sure Andrew's quite ready to step into that role on a full-time level," Jackson said. "I won't make that decision until I kind of check out how I feel about that. I might keep Andrew off the bench and use Ronny as the starter."

Said Turiaf: "I respect whatever the coach does. He has nine championships. He knows what he is doing. I will follow."

When Jackson took Bynum out of the starting lineup at the end of November, the Lakers' coach complained about Bynum's work ethic.

Bynum conceded that his energy level was down, blaming it on poor eating habits and a lack of sleep. He is now working with a nutritionist and says he feels much better.

"I'm not as hungry anymore," he said. "Everything I'm eating now does something good for my body."

But his hunger for the starting lineup remains unabated

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 05:08:02 PM »
Please never compare Byum's ethics with Shaq's VVV

Don't get me wrong, i'm impressed by Bynum this season, and i think he's the only real untouchable player we have in the roster with Kobe. But Phil himself questioned his attitude.

"My play was at a higher level at the start of the season when I was starting," Bynum said. "Not starting affects your rhythm. It's tough coming off the bench. Sometimes when you come off the bench, you haven't played for like an hour. When you start, you get those extra minutes."

He said the opposite just after he lost the starting spot to Brown. Bad reaction. The coach sends you to bench because of your lack of attitude and professionalism and you say it doesn't really make a difference if you start or if you play from the bench???

"I'm not sure Andrew's quite ready to step into that role on a full-time level," Jackson said. "I won't make that decision until I kind of check out how I feel about that. I might keep Andrew off the bench and use Ronny as the starter."

Don't fuck with Phil. 8)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 11:29:39 PM »
THx for the updates

-appreciated

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 11:56:17 PM »
if mihm wasn't out i'd say this was a blessing to get bynum in there more, but with basically no other center on our team i think bynum is going to get overwelmed. i'm sure he'll have some break out games here and there, but i'd be really suprised if he stays consistant

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09