13 (39.4%)
Smif n Wessun - Dah Shinin
4 (12.1%)
I cant choose
3 (9.1%)
I have never heard either one b/c I suck at life
13 (39.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Two classic albums I never see any of you lames talk about.  (Read 628 times)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
Re: Two classic albums I never see any of you lames talk about.
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2007, 04:01:22 PM »
I'm from NY and I can honestly say I have never heard about these 2 albums, maybe they are some backpacker type shit which I was never into, imma ask some of my homies about these 2 groups...

You're calling the BCC some backpacker shit now? :D

they are tho, BCC is what original backpackers were b4 being a backpacker was associated with being white and listenin to slug and atmosphere an what not.  Hell even Wu-Tang and Redman were considered backpacker music.

Now that you've mentioned it, I guess you're right. Hip-Hop has changed, so have the 'backpackers'. My mind is just stuck, thinking of modern day backpackers, listening to Atmosphere and Murs, but you're right about what it used to be like.

+1 insight :)
yeah bucksohot and blackmoon were one of the originators of the backpackers look at there 1st vid that created the bcc "Who got the props" eryone got a sack on ther back in that vid,,, along with the poll im also really   suprised that blackmoon is runnin away with it , i look at these albums like this the beats  are almost the same (same producer Da Beatminerz)just a bit more grimey shit on da shinin ... as far as mc's 5 foot accelerator  really is almost non existant so its buckshot vs smiff n wessun ( tek and steele) buckshot is by far the better mc one on one against the others but its a duo that makes smiff n wessun shine the duo together i believe is better than buckshot by  himself there back and forth flow is legendary getting them best duo by the source back in the day also if u put the best song VS. best song it has to be "who got the props" vs "lets get it on"  both classic songs. peeps know who got the props more but when live in Toronto seeing both songs  who got the props was a bangin song that had all the heads actin like they wrote the song feelin like buckshot shorty themselves his killer flow was ridiculous but when "Lets Get It On" came  on and they bust that 1st line ( raised like a rock on the block where the cops carry and the hard rocks carry with props and black hearts) wholly fuck the place blew tha fuck up   front row was a riot jaws gettin tapped bows comin from ery angle Smiff N Wessun  and we do it like this!!!!!!!.. they mastered the back and forth flow 2 make them prolly the best at it them or ghostface killah and chef raekwon......these 2 cds are way 2 close too judge but if u don't really know bcc yud go with blackmoon's enta da stage but when u hear the cds more and more da shinin is just a masterpiece..... anyway back in the day b4 Eminem was signed there was a rumour that he was gonna sign with the Boot Camp Click but that lil manager dru ha was afraid that a white rapper would be a mistake so dre came in and snatched him up .. now i know em's huge now but just imagine what if Eminem along side of Buckshot Heltah Skeltah Smiff & Wessun and tha OGC's DAMN!  cold as ice